ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Niedersachsen NDR2 Radio thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cash album hits top 37 years on (NSC) Return to archive
12th July 2006 02:07 PM
Gazza

Johnny Cash died at the age of 71 in 2003

Late country legend Johnny Cash has topped the US album chart for the first time in 37 years.

A total of 88,000 copies of American V: A Hundred Highways were sold in its first week of release, according to music magazine Billboard.

The album is Cash's first to reach the number one spot since the 1969 album Johnny Cash at San Quentin.

It features material Cash was working on in the months leading up to his death in September 2003.

Cash also tops the country album chart, knocking the Dixie Chicks' Taking the Long Way to number two after seven weeks on top.

In 1957, Cash became the first artist to release a full album on the influential Sun record label, ahead of Elvis Presley.

Singing in a gruff, baritone voice, he went on to have hits in the 1960s with Ring of Fire and A Boy Named Sue.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5174196.stm

12th July 2006 02:48 PM
Larry Dallas Congratulations to Johnny Cash and Rick Rubin...A number one album with no radio play or MTV video. I'll go ahead and wave the middle finger for you Johnny.
12th July 2006 06:35 PM
Martha
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:
Congratulations to Johnny Cash and Rick Rubin...A number one album with no radio play or MTV video. I'll go ahead and wave the middle finger for you Johnny.

I second that emotion!

Hey Larry!

Thanks Gary!

MM
12th July 2006 10:11 PM
Soldatti It's all about a good release date, this week must be the worst ever in sales during the Soundscan era, I can name many Stones albums with higher first week sales in US:
Voodoo Lounge (No. 2, 154.000)
Stripped (No. 9, 105.000)
Bridges To Babylon (No. 3, 160.000 / the #1 sold 175k)
Forty Licks (No. 2, 310.000 / the #1 sold 336k)
A Bigger Bang (No. 3, 129.000)
12th July 2006 11:30 PM
The_Worst You are correct about the release date but nonetheless this is incredible & great news for Johnny Cash!!! Great to see!!!
13th July 2006 04:19 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
You are correct about the release date but nonetheless this is incredible & great news for Johnny Cash!!! Great to see!!!

He will like it!!!
14th July 2006 10:47 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
14th July 2006 12:58 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I'll go ahead and wave the middle finger for you Johnny<

Amen Brother. I'm waving it too...right now, in fact!
14th July 2006 02:34 PM
MrPleasant Up yours Cash!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)