ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Niedersachsen NDR2 Radio thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006 - Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
13th July 2006 01:34 AM
tumblingdice01 That's why soccer/football will never be the great game that NHL ice hockey is. When two men have a disagreement in hockey they settle it like men. You don't have to involve nations.
13th July 2006 04:51 AM
maumau
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Lighten up, for fucks sake...

as the man said, "you shouldnt take it so hard..."
[Edited by Gazza]

good gazza, "you shouldnt take it so hard" seems a good summary of my cicero like Materazzi's Apologia. So both French people and Zizou's Fans: don't take it so hard you just lost a world cup as your hero lost his head.
13th July 2006 05:40 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Grande Mau,
io direi anche:
LIBERTE' - FRATERNITE' - TREZEGUET !
13th July 2006 05:49 AM
no night together I don't give a dime materazzi, soccer or whatever, did't even see the match. just know the final bow belong to the stones and nobody else.
13th July 2006 06:53 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
maumau wrote:

good gazza, "you shouldnt take it so hard" seems a good summary of my cicero like Materazzi's Apologia. So both French people and Zizou's Fans: don't take it so hard you just lost a world cup as your hero lost his head.

hi maumau!!

you know I m tired of this ZZ/ Materrazzi stuff, to me it's over, Italy deserved it and ZZ is still the best player of the last 10 years.....é basta
quite simple hu???

Im listening to Napoly 82 right now.See how fair play I am
13th July 2006 08:05 AM
LET ME GO68 I was in SanSiro monday.....great shows....the best i see (I see also Torino 28/07/1990 and Milano June 2003).....a killer version of Midnight rambler and Let's spend the night together......the surprise of Street of love (very intense, much better than the studio version) and Con le mie lacrime.....all the songs very inspirate and loud....a hot hot night....I hope see the Stones again....
LetMeGo68
13th July 2006 08:06 AM
LET ME GO68 ....sorry...tuesday......
13th July 2006 08:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
to me it's over, Italy deserved it and ZZ is still the best player of the last 10 years

thats about right (although I'd say "best of the last 20 years", but no big deal..)
[Edited by Gazza]
13th July 2006 09:10 AM
maumau
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

hi maumau!!

you know I m tired of this ZZ/ Materrazzi stuff, to me it's over, Italy deserved it and ZZ is still the best player of the last 10 years.....é basta
quite simple hu???

Im listening to Napoly 82 right now.See how fair play I am

that's it. Also I hope ZZ keep on playing. And Materazzi shut up his mouth and play football like he did on this world cup. Let me add, though, and dont get me wrong, i am not willing to add fuel or to keep this going over and over, that by what I've heard Zidane said and what I've read today it seems that Materazzi offense had nothing to do with muslims and terrorists but "only" with personal offense against Zidane's mother and sister (as ZZ said) or against his sister only (as Materazzi implied). He still should have shut his mouth up and it is still bad behavior, but, at least to me, it is quite different, a different degree of idiocy. On one level is stupidity on another is racism.
13th July 2006 09:14 AM
maumau
quote:
no night together wrote:
just know the final bow belong to the stones and nobody else.

i felt the same though it was fun to end the celebration like that. Also the stones seem to have fun and keith was smiling...maybe he was smiling at the idea of stabbing Materazzi and del Piero in the back stage tough. Do you know if they're still alive?
13th July 2006 09:28 AM
maumau
quote:
LET ME GO68 wrote:
I was in SanSiro monday.....great shows....the best i see (I see also Torino 28/07/1990 and Milano June 2003).....a killer version of Midnight rambler and Let's spend the night together......the surprise of Street of love (very intense, much better than the studio version) and Con le mie lacrime.....all the songs very inspirate and loud....a hot hot night....I hope see the Stones again....
LetMeGo68

where you were standing letmego? I do remember the killer version of midnight rambler (but it was not a surprise) but i could barely hear SOL, exspecially Mick. I've heard ron's solo on that and the fact that there were no "strings" and also I've seen they got some problems in the middle so that mick turned back and waited until they all come together again but i could not tell if it was good or bad as a whole.
Con le mie lacrime was good. I could hear perfectly Keith on acoustic and mick's vocals. He started very cautious reading the text but then he began to sing it not caring to much about the words. Intense.
On a more personal note: in the footage that TG1 aired the day after the shot they cut ONNYA with images of the crowd that were shooted during CLML. How I know that? Because i taped it and with the slow motion caught me and my wife kissing...
13th July 2006 10:13 AM
Egbert So what got Zidane all worked up was basically a derivative of the age-old "Yo' Momma" taunt? Sad.
13th July 2006 10:32 AM
LET ME GO68
where you were standing letmego? I do remember the killer version of midnight rambler (but it was not a surprise) but i could barely hear SOL, exspecially Mick. I've heard ron's solo on that and the fact that there were no "strings" and also I've seen they got some problems in the middle so that mick turned back and waited until they all come together again but i could not tell if it was good or bad as a whole.
Con le mie lacrime was good. I could hear perfectly Keith on acoustic and mick's vocals. He started very cautious reading the text but then he began to sing it not caring to much about the words. Intense.
On a more personal note: in the footage that TG1 aired the day after the shot they cut ONNYA with images of the crowd that were shooted during CLML. How I know that? Because i taped it and with the slow motion caught me and my wife kissing...

I was sitting on "primo anello blu", right the stage(i Think you are Italian like me, so now I write a mixture Inglese- italiano)
SanSiro for me is not very good for the concerts, bad acoustic in some place....I remember Torino with a better sound or other concerts at Palamazda or at Assago- Forum...about the stones I think that Jagger was very loud with the voice and very cool with his animal magnetism.....i think at Midnight rambler, onnya,start me up, iorr , tumbling dice and Night time....with a great Lisa....Keith is the same mad and rough guitarhero, a legend....Ronnie a little out of place , his solos not very well, Charlie beating loud and fine at the sametime...now I wait the boots of the concerts for listen the difference of sounds....but this is the first concerts in Europe after three months, a very good BANG.....i think one of the best of the tour ( I'have all the boots of bigger bang)
Now i Wait other dates.....
13th July 2006 10:44 AM
maumau
quote:
LET ME GO68 wrote:

I was sitting on "primo anello blu", right the stage(i Think you are Italian like me, so now I write a mixture Inglese- italiano)
SanSiro for me is not very good for the concerts, bad acoustic in some place....I remember Torino with a better sound or other concerts at Palamazda or at Assago- Forum...about the stones I think that Jagger was very loud with the voice and very cool with his animal magnetism.....i think at Midnight rambler, onnya,start me up, iorr , tumbling dice and Night time....with a great Lisa....Keith is the same mad and rough guitarhero, a legend....Ronnie a little out of place , his solos not very well, Charlie beating loud and fine at the sametime...now I wait the boots of the concerts for listen the difference of sounds....but this is the first concerts in Europe after three months, a very good BANG.....i think one of the best of the tour ( I'have all the boots of bigger bang)
Now i Wait other dates.....

sì sono italiano, ho sentito altre persone che erano sulle tribune e mi hanno detto che non hanno percepito nessun problema di suono perciò ;( solo noi davanti siamo stati fregati. E mi sa anche che il problema era proprio dalla parte destra guardando il palco (sotto keith) perchè altri sul prato più indietro o dall'altra parte non hanno avuto problemi. Peccato perchè io invece avevo sentito dire che San Siro era buono come acustica.
13th July 2006 11:05 AM
LET ME GO68 Nel 2003 ero al secondo anello, posizione quasi centrale, ed anche allora il suono mi era sembrato un po troppo "impastato".....credo che il problema si senta sopratutto nei brani piu Rock....dove le chitarre sono piu "tirate", le ballad...penso a street of love e Con le mie lacrime si sentono decisamente meglio...meno distorsione sopratutto....cmq personalmente preferisco i concerti nelle arene con 15000 persone, anche se allo stadio é sicuramente piu spettacolare....Se anche te collezioni bootleg penso che percepisci la differenza per esempio sentendo i concerti al MSG in confronto a quelli al Giants Stadium.....oppure i concerti nelle arene Giapponesi che sembrano quasi delle registrazioni ufficiali tanto il suono è perfetto.
13th July 2006 11:09 AM
maumau hai perfettamente ragione. A bercy nel 2003 il suono era perfetto. Allo stadio è bella l'atmosfera ma il suono e anche il modo in cui suona la band è meno preciso e ricco.
13th July 2006 12:05 PM
Saint Sway I am having a difficult time following this thread.
13th July 2006 01:05 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff Qualcuno di voi sa perche' non hanno permesso riprese video o foto dei "giocatori" chiamamoli così, sul palco insieme a Mick?
Ma che hanno cantato ?
13th July 2006 01:33 PM
ebmp
quote:
Gazza wrote:

thats about right (although I'd say "best of the last 20 years", but no big deal..)
[Edited by Gazza]

Zidane can't hod a candle to what Zico did in the 80's
14th July 2006 04:40 AM
Gazza matter of opinion, but Zico's peak was longer than 20 years ago (plus, I'd argue that at that time, Platini was just as good). Zidane is the best since Maradona.
14th July 2006 06:18 AM
Jacques Hi everybody
We are back from Milano at last.
This is not a good report this is only my report as I felt the show I don't speak about technical performance but only with my heart.
Good concert. My regrets, I know I'm a French guy, but I try to be objective, they too much mixed the show and the football. IMO it spoiled the end of the show, happy for the Italians but sad for the Fans. The boys has chosen, maybe not Charlie who was a bit angry, we could see that on his face.

Now return to the show, the most important.
Bad sound at the beginning in a nearly closed stadium. Quick tuning at the end of ONNYA. Great worldwide premiere of SOL, quite good Mick, I love this song. I bet they'll play SOL, I won and it was great no to win but to hear and relish it.
An excellent As Tears Go By (Con Lacrima..), great voice of Mick, I prefered San Siro version than original one. Quite nice and great.
A personal think, pleasure and souvenir with a great LSTNT (I was in the Heavens...).
It was a good show with a lot of classical hits songs. One of my friends attended a RS show for the 1st time, quite great for her, she enjoyed it (with also a personal feeling, Thierry is also in the heavens).
Mick, super Mick, with changed voice but very nice, and always running everywhere as we know him. KEITH still alive, quite good with the guitar, moving safely, even sitting sometimes. For some beginning songs he played close to Ron and was a bit absent from his natural place. I think he had to reassure him and to be careful. Superb Keith, bravo for his performance and good riffs specially on Midnight Rambler, it reminded me Bercy great performance of this song. Ron always crazy, why did he so much team up with Italians soccer players ? Even wearing a jacket with Italian flag, too much for me but maybe I'm not objective... It's Ron and we love him as he is. Charlie was Charlie as usual. A think to other members of the group who were good, a great Lisa with her magical voice etc...

Conclusion, good classical show in European feeling. Quite good performance, waiting for the boots...
This is my feeling, you know.
The boys are still alive and still great.
Waiting on our Friends.
Next show for me will be SDF in Paris.
Hope you liked this report, as already written, my feeling, my heart and I keep some souvenirs for me, some of you will understand.
all the best
Jacques
[Edited by Jacques]
14th July 2006 06:29 AM
Gazza Merci, jacques - glad you had a good time.
14th July 2006 08:14 AM
corgi37 I knew SOL would be good live. It just screams "You know this part, so sing along and follow the bouncing ball".

Not doing the 4 man bow is obscene. A disgrace. They could have ditched the terrible and un-needed "NIght time", and fiddled around with soccer players then.

Since Australia got knocked out, soccer fever has returned to where it is in Australia. Way behind Aussie Rules, and maybe rugby. Here in Melbourne, we have tons of of Italians, and they had a ball, but the rest of us worried more about REAL football results.

Now, some of my thoughts on crowds.

Of course American and Oz crowds are old and lame. We've pretty much got it all. The U.S. gets all the bands, all the time, because thats where the bucks are. For the most part, the older and more well off fan can easily afford tickets to the top shows. We here can too, but alot of acts are ditching us due to fuel prices. Macca & Madonna being the main ones. Well, Macca wont return because the prick will be blasted for his cancellation of his last tour here, which he blamed on the Bali bombing, but which was due to shit sales. U2 cancelled for family reasons, and are coming back. Ticket prices reflect the standard of living in a country, i believe. Look, it was nothing for me to fly the Mrs to Sydney. Daethgod (bless his lovely heart) got us amazingly cheap 4th row from the front seats, but hey, i would have spent another $800 - no worries.

So, thats ticket prices for you.

As for crowd reaction, or lack of, again, i think its due to standard of living. Yanks have had a chance to see the Stones on every tour since 64. Hence, they'll pay the high prices, but dont exactly jump and down because:

A: They are too old
B: They are not as desperate. Hey, its a tri-yearly event. Great, sure, but it aint a once off. And, after that, its some other super band.
C: They dont wanna look like dicks in front of the kids.
D: It's just not done in the "Corporate Seats".

Here in Oz, due to a 22 year long gap between tours, the Stones lost generations of potential fans. So, here, its alot of oldies. Though i have to say, Sydney this year was WAY younger than Melbourne in 2003. Also, we dont go so nuts because we got fucking chairs on the floor and fucking bouncers everywhere!

See, we've got it too good. Yanks take it for granted. Its not a treat anymore, its "Well, what else is there to do? Disneyland? Nah, that was last month? Vegas? Nah, thats next week. Swingers party in Laurel Canyon? No, thats in Spring.

In Oz, we got great weather, no civil wars, awesome beer, sport - hell, a major concert is just 1 of a million things to do.

But, consider poor old Europe. I'd imagine in some countries, people dont go outside for 3 months cause its too bloody cold. Then, when summer hits, all the old people die because evidently the invention of air conditioning hasnt been thought of yet. And, infrastructure falling apart, countries being torn apart by dividing cultures, countries going backwards (Isnt Germany in a major recession right now?), the crap that the whole "1 Europe" thing has turned out to be, frozen fucking pipes in winter, whole towns covered in mudslides, Moroccans going on the warpath, Mad cow, shit weather (fuck, do Poms even SEE the sun in winter?), stupid inbred Royal families, companies going broke, terrible food, joint conglomerations going into disaster (Airbus!), people living in 500 year old houses (I mean, come on, build a new one), a universal hatred of America...

I could go on. But, i hope i offended everyone. If there's some country i've missed out, please insert your own excuse. I try to include everyone, so know one misses out.

Of course, the one Euro country (and it IS Euro now, aint it?) is the U.K. They dont go nuts cause its hard to go ballistic with a bowler hat, pin-striped suit and umbrella.

And, we all know Poms would rather be at home eating black pudding and Haddock, watching fox hunting on the t.v., drinking awful warm beer, then getting their bottoms spanked by a fat tart in leather gear, including gas mask.

Ok. Thats it. I'm done. Vic Bitter time.
[Edited by corgi37]
14th July 2006 09:16 AM
Gazza =

[Edited by Gazza]
14th July 2006 10:11 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Jacques wrote:
Hi everybody
We are back from Milano at last.
This is not a good report this is only my report as I felt the show I don't speak about technical performance but only with my heart.
Good concert. My regrets, I know I'm a French guy, but I try to be objective, they too much mixed the show and the football. IMO it spoiled the end of the show, happy for the Italians but sad for the Fans. The boys has chosen, maybe not Charlie who was a bit angry, we could see that on his face.

Now return to the show, the most important.
Bad sound at the beginning in a nearly closed stadium. Quick tuning at the end of ONNYA. Great worldwide premiere of SOL, quite good Mick, I love this song. I bet they'll play SOL, I won and it was great no to win but to hear and relish it.
An excellent As Tears Go By (Con Lacrima..), great voice of Mick, I prefered San Siro version than original one. Quite nice and great.
A personal think, pleasure and souvenir with a great LSTNT (I was in the Heavens...).
It was a good show with a lot of classical hits songs. One of my friends attended a RS show for the 1st time, quite great for her, she enjoyed it (with also a personal feeling, Thierry is also in the heavens).
Mick, super Mick, with changed voice but very nice, and always running everywhere as we know him. KEITH still alive, quite good with the guitar, moving safely, even sitting sometimes. For some beginning songs he played close to Ron and was a bit absent from his natural place. I think he had to reassure him and to be careful. Superb Keith, bravo for his performance and good riffs specially on Midnight Rambler, it reminded me Bercy great performance of this song. Ron always crazy, why did he so much team up with Italians soccer players ? Even wearing a jacket with Italian flag, too much for me but maybe I'm not objective... It's Ron and we love him as he is. Charlie was Charlie as usual. A think to other members of the group who were good, a great Lisa with her magical voice etc...

Conclusion, good classical show in European feeling. Quite good performance, waiting for the boots...
This is my feeling, you know.
The boys are still alive and still great.
Waiting on our Friends.
Next show for me will be SDF in Paris.
Hope you liked this report, as already written, my feeling, my heart and I keep some souvenirs for me, some of you will understand.
all the best
Jacques
[Edited by Jacques]

That's a lovely review. Thank you, Jacques.
14th July 2006 10:12 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I knew SOL would be good live. It just screams "You know this part, so sing along and follow the bouncing ball".

Not doing the 4 man bow is obscene. A disgrace. They could have ditched the terrible and un-needed "NIght time", and fiddled around with soccer players then.

Since Australia got knocked out, soccer fever has returned to where it is in Australia. Way behind Aussie Rules, and maybe rugby. Here in Melbourne, we have tons of of Italians, and they had a ball, but the rest of us worried more about REAL football results.

Of course American and Oz crowds are old and lame. We've pretty much got it all. The U.S. gets all the bands, all the time, because thats where the bucks are. For the most part, the older and more well off fan can easily afford tickets to the top shows. We here can too, but alot of acts are ditching us due to fuel prices. Macca & Madonna being the main ones. Well, Macca wont return because the prick will be blasted for his cancellation of his last tour here, which he blamed on the Bali bombing, but which was due to shit sales. U2 cancelled for family reasons, and are coming back. Ticket prices reflect the standard of living in a country, i believe. Look, it was nothing for me to fly the Mrs to Sydney. Daethgod (bless his lovely heart) got us amazingly cheap 4th row from the front seats, but hey, i would have spent another $800 - no worries.

So, thats ticket prices for you.

As for crowd reaction, or lack of, again, i think its due to standard of living. Yanks have had a chance to see the Stones on every tour since 64. Hence, they'll pay the high prices, but dont exactly jump and down because:

A: They are too old
B: They are not as desperate. Hey, its a tri-yearly event. Great, sure, but it aint a once off. And, after that, its some other super band.
C: They dont wanna look like dicks in front of the kids.
D: It's just not done in the "Corporate Seats".

Here in Oz, due to a 22 year long gap between tours, the Stones lost generations of potential fans. So, here, its alot of oldies. Though i have to say, Sydney this year was WAY younger than Melbourne in 2003. Also, we dont go so nuts because we got fucking chairs on the floor and fucking bouncers everywhere!

See, we've got it too good. Yanks take it for granted. Its not a treat anymore, its "Well, what else is there to do? Disneyland? Nah, that was last month? Vegas? Nah, thats next week. Swingers party in Laurel Canyon? No, thats in Spring.

In Oz, we got great weather, no civil wars, awesome beer, sport - hell, a major concert is just 1 of a million things to do.

But, consider poor old Europe. I'd imagine in some countries, people dont go outside for 3 months cause its too bloody cold. Then, when summer hits, all the old people die because evidently the invention of air conditioning hasnt been thought of yet. And, infrastructure falling apart, countries being torn apart by dividing cultures, countries going backwards (Isnt Germany in a major recession right now?), the crap that the whole "1 Europe" thing has turned out to be, frozen fucking pipes in winter, whole towns covered in mudslides, Moroccans going on the warpath, Mad cow, shit weather (fuck, do Poms even SEE the sun in winter?), stupid inbred Royal families, companies going broke, terrible food, joint conglomerations going into disaster (Airbus!), people living in 500 year old houses (I mean, come on, build a new one), a universal hatred of America...

I could go on. But, i hope i offended everyone. If there's some country i've missed out, please insert your own excuse. I try to include everyone, so know one misses out.

Of course, the one Euro country (and it IS Euro now, aint it?) is the U.K. They dont go nuts cause its hard to go ballistic with a bowler hat, pin-striped suit and umbrella.

And, we all know Poms would rather be at home eating black pudding and Haddock, watching fox hunting on the t.v., drinking awful warm beer, then getting their bottoms spanked by a fat tart in leather gear, including gas mask.

[Edited by corgi37]

*standing ovation*
14th July 2006 10:55 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I knew SOL would be good live. It just screams "You know this part, so sing along and follow the bouncing ball".

[Edited by corgi37]

Priceless, Corgi!!!
14th July 2006 11:21 AM
Gazza Hot on the heels of the Daily Mail's article (see here :http://www.novogate.com/board/968/228109-1.html ) heres another negative review from the 'Stones-hating' English media....

Richards comes rolling back

By Tom Horan in Milan

(Filed: 13/07/2006)

Some would say he's been out of his tree for years. But things certainly looked bleak for Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards in April when he fell off a branch in Fiji and had to have an operation on his brain.

On this steaming hot Italian night, however, the 62-year-old rocker showed that it takes more than a brush with local flora to keep him down, as he returned to the stage with an imperious performance. "It's good to be here," he told 70,000 fans in Milan. "It's good to be anywhere!"

Keith Richards and Mick Jagger thrill the crowds in Milan

The Stones had postponed this European leg of their world tour several times to allow Richards to recover. In the end they couldn't have picked a better time and place for the comeback.

One of Europe's most famous arenas, in a country still high on the glory of a World Cup final victory - for sheer drama it was hard to believe that anyone could have topped this night in the San Siro.

Richards had caused much laughter in the pre-show press conference attempting to pinpoint just what it was he fell out of. Not quite a tree, apparently, but a bush. Or possibly a shrub. Whatever it was, the accident certainly shook the air of indestructibility that has always surrounded him.

But from the moment he led the band out he looked just as Keith Richards should: grizzled, rocklike and full of swagger.

Mick Jagger was not to be upstaged, of course. In temperatures that made it exhausting to watch let alone perform, Jagger rose regally to the occasion, shifting his trademark mince up a gear as he worked the enormous stage that accompanies the Stones on their giant circus. "Bwonaserra Itarlia," he called out, in a language located somewhere between Milan, New York and the Dartford Tunnel. "Campioni del Mundo!"

The new world champions loved that. In the first of many moments when football and rock 'n' roll merged into one giant celebration, 70,000 people bounced up and down and chanted. "If you're not jumping, you must be a Frenchman," was the gist of it.

Jagger was loving the chance to flourish his linguistic skills and launched into As Tears Go By in Italian. Richards seemed to laugh at him initially, but even he had to nod his respect when the singer rather stylishly pulled off the entire song.

This was clearly going to be a special night for the Stones. From Jagger, Ronnie Wood and even the inscrutable Charlie Watts at the drum kit came an almost palpable glow of warmth toward Richards. For his part Richards seemed more in love than ever with his instrument, scrutinising it as his fingers gripped the fretboard, smiling at it in pleasure as it produced a particularly lascivious riff.

It was when they dropped the tempo that the band really hit their stride. In the thick, heavy air, they turned Midnight Rambler into a swampy blues that slowed almost to a standstill, with just a sporadic Richards lick to keeping it ticking over.

In the intensity of the solo spotlight, blown up 100ft high on the giant screen, the cracks might have shown in Richards. But he still seemed to have it, still seemed to be living proof that sex and drugs and rock and roll are not just fun but may quite possibly make you live for ever.

The returning hero was indulged with a couple of solo numbers, which were terrible but greeted with a standing ovation. The stage turned into a giant carnival float and the Stones went on a sortie out into the centre of the crowd, bombarded at every turn with red, white and green flags, which Jagger draped obligingly on his mike stand.

They did Sympathy for the Devil and showed Italy's winning penalties, then You Can't Always Get What You Want, which seemed about right for England.

At the end, the footballers Alessandro del Piero and Marco Materazzi joined the band on stage. Perhaps it was just a step too far in playing to local sentiments. Sporting glory is quickly past. For their mastery of the art of performance, for 40 years of magnificent defiance, for showing that old age can be a glorious thing, the true champions here were the Rolling Stones.

Daily Telegraph
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=KU20OQZPQG13LQFIQMGCFFOAVCBQUIV0?xml=/news/2006/07/13/wstones13.xml
14th July 2006 11:54 AM
Egbert
quote:
Gazza wrote:
"It's good to be here," he told 70,000 fans in Milan. "It's good to be anywhere!"

There ya go, Saint Sway!
14th July 2006 02:43 PM
ebmp
quote:
Gazza wrote:
matter of opinion, but Zico's peak was longer than 20 years ago (plus, I'd argue that at that time, Platini was just as good). Zidane is the best since Maradona.

Yeha, it's a matter of opinion.. ASnyway, Zico was way better than Platini. One of the 10 best players in the history of brazil, for sure

Anyway, I think that even Ronaldinho is better than Zidane.

I still think Zidane is a genious though
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)