ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
Š Niedersachsen NDR2 Radio thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006 - Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
12th July 2006 01:35 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
whats that guys singing??? please tell me this wasnt another duet of Wild Horses!!!

see:
www.cuijian.com

I think it was Italina soccer star???
12th July 2006 01:40 PM
Egbert
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
whats that guys singing??? please tell me this wasnt another duet of Wild Horses!!!

see:
www.cuijian.com

One Hit To The Body???
12th July 2006 01:43 PM
Gazza LOL..Funny!
12th July 2006 01:45 PM
Saint Sway they are really lowering their standards as to who they take out onstage!

used to be strictly the greats... Buddy, Clapton, Stills, Hooker, Tina, Stevie....

in recent years its been a steady decline of posers up onstage with them... Sheryl Crow, Dave Mathews, Justin Timberlake!!!!, Whoopi, the American Idol Chineese kid in the baseball cap, soccer players....

and dont get me started on Mick's GITD - that was littered with a smorgasboard of douchebags

I solely blame Matt Clifford! The standards immediately plummeted after they let that weasel play onstage
12th July 2006 01:51 PM
jb The worst ever was Justin....followed by Crow.
12th July 2006 01:56 PM
no night together
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:
How the fuck could they let that sneaky Materazzi cunt on stage???
Where's the fucking integrity?

On a more positive note, Before They Make Me Run...

RONNIE RICHARDS you're the only one that got the point IMO. materazzi should have greeted, thanked and walked away, not having a personal soccer show which got longer got charlie annoyed (he walke off rather quickly) and induced mick to take the mike off his hands. I said it openly (I am an italian sport journalist). he's been unpolite. you can't afford having charlie, mick, ronnie and keith standing and staring while you bark your "chi non salta un francese č" (not very tasty by the way).
12th July 2006 01:58 PM
jb
quote:
no night together wrote:

RONNIE RICHARDS you're the only one that got the point IMO. materazzi should have greeted, thanked and walked away, not having a personal soccer show which got longer got charlie annoyed (he walke off rather quickly) and induced mick to take the mike off his hands. I said it openly (I am an italian sport journalist). he's been unpolite. you can't afford having charlie, mick, ronnie and keith standing and staring while you bark your "chi non salta un francese č" (not very tasty by the way).

Please elaborate///when did this happen..what did he say, and for how long...thank you(merci beaucoupe)
12th July 2006 02:09 PM
no night together yes mate.

during the show the big screen showed various highlights of the final, italian success has been greeted flags on stage and so on. let's come to the (IMO) sad point.
end of the show: del piero and materazzi invited on stage, del piero greets and thanks, materazzi starts saying a sorta "they're the champions of rock, we're the champion of the world! and now let's jump! who doens't jump is french!
(70%cent of the stadium jumped) then: let's sing this (and ooooed the absessive riff of the with stripes o-o-o- and so on".
in the meantime charlie waved bye and walked away, mick grabbed the mick from materazzi greetend quickly and walked off. no further "4 members bend". and curtains down.
12th July 2006 02:16 PM
jb
quote:
no night together wrote:
yes mate.

during the show the big screen showed various highlights of the final, italian success has been greeted flags on stage and so on. let's come to the (IMO) sad point.
end of the show: del piero and materazzi invited on stage, del piero greets and thanks, materazzi starts saying a sorta "they're the champions of rock, we're the champion of the world! and now let's jump! who doens't jump is french!
(70%cent of the stadium jumped) then: let's sing this (and ooooed the absessive riff of the with stripes o-o-o- and so on".
in the meantime charlie waved bye and walked away, mick grabbed the mick from materazzi greetend quickly and walked off. no further "4 members bend". and curtains down.

Wow!!!! It is alwasy a treat to see the 4 of them bow at the end....I think it was not intentional...but Charlie might have thought it was in bad taste????
12th July 2006 02:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
no night together wrote:

a discouraging end to an otherwise amazing show

I realize that the soccer team won. But the Milan show, IMO, was about the triumphant return of Keith - and the Stones.

Its very nice for the Stones to acknoledge their victory. But should of done so earlier in the show. The final curtain call belonged solely to Keith and the Stones. This was an important show. They are the ones that deserved the final bow.

the Stones should never have to walk off stage before anyone else. Especially after all they went thru to get back to playing for us after Keiths brain surgery.

others may disagree with my opinion, thats fine. But Charlie appeared to find it in bad taste too and walked off. I believe he felt in his heart that the night belonged to his long-time mate Keith
12th July 2006 02:22 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:

erm, Macca played for free

How many other Stones shows on this entire tour have pulled in 65,000 paying customers?
[Edited by Gazza]

See Buenos Aires, 70.500 people each night (plus 4.000 additional people the first night without tickets)
12th July 2006 02:25 PM
jb Maybe..I guess you had to be there to really see what happened.....Charlie walks off quite rapidly after the bow with a few waves..Mick usually last. Again, how was Keith introduced and what did he say-Same"it';s good to be here" b.s.?
12th July 2006 02:28 PM
ebmp Materazzi is a fucking wanker

I hate him
12th July 2006 02:31 PM
jb
quote:
ebmp wrote:
Materazzi is a fucking wanker

I hate him

Is he disliked in general, or just b/c of the alleged comments??? Is he like a European Ron Artest???
12th July 2006 02:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

See Buenos Aires, 70.500 people each night (plus 4.000 additional people the first night without tickets)

exactly. The basic answer is "not too fucking many" and not too many outside Europe and South America. Thats my point

I would guess that Moncton in Canada was the only North American show with a bigger crowd than that
[Edited by Gazza]
12th July 2006 02:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

a discouraging end to an otherwise amazing show

I realize that the soccer team won. But the Milan show, IMO, was about the triumphant return of Keith - and the Stones.

Its very nice for the Stones to acknoledge their victory. But should of done so earlier in the show. The final curtain call belonged solely to Keith and the Stones. This was an important show. They are the ones that deserved the final bow.

the Stones should never have to walk off stage before anyone else. Especially after all they went thru to get back to playing for us after Keiths brain surgery.

others may disagree with my opinion, thats fine. But Charlie appeared to find it in bad taste too and walked off. I believe he felt in his heart that the night belonged to his long-time mate Keith

I agree with all of that.

... and materazzi IS a wanker
12th July 2006 02:45 PM
jb Giants stadium had 60k....I think Charlottesville 58k....and maybe a few other around 50...but yes, Europe has larger crowds.......
12th July 2006 02:46 PM
Gazza and you have bigger grosses! So, we'll call it a draw!
12th July 2006 03:00 PM
no night together JB, can't tell you how materazzi is seen and considered, I am very ignorant about our national sport.
saint sway describes very well the respect factor. it's cool to read that after a full day of "you're not italian enough".
thanks mates.
for italian readers, here you can read that other sport-rock-rugby fans share the idea that materazzi should be kicked in the ass.

http://pub5.bravenet.com/guestbook/403085022
12th July 2006 04:02 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

wrong. Theyd still make a shitload of money and a massive profit if the tickets were even half the price that they are. Other major acts dont seem to be losing out and running at a loss despite charging far less money.

Plus, they could also sell more tickets.

Ya got that right. We're not all "fat cats" who can afford astronomically-priced tickets. They'd sell out every show if they sold their tickets at a reasonable price.

12th July 2006 04:03 PM
Ronnie Richards http://pico.p0ser.de/fun/flashs/zidane.swf
12th July 2006 04:08 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
no night together wrote:
yes mate.

WHAT? Hell, I'm not even a soccer fan and I hate the guy now.
12th July 2006 04:46 PM
ebmp
quote:
jb wrote:

Is he disliked in general, or just b/c of the alleged comments??? Is he like a European Ron Artest???

I dont know if he's disliked by everyone. I know I dont like him, and that was way before the "Zidane Incident".

Just look at this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WJPKM5aJGW8&search=materazzi

He's insane!!
12th July 2006 05:10 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I solely blame Matt Clifford! The standards immediately plummeted after they let that weasel play onstage

Matt Clifford is one of the greatest ever sidemen to play with the STones and a talented performer and songwriter in his own right.
12th July 2006 05:26 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff
quote:
no night together wrote:

no night together ma chi sei? non ho capito, quale giornale sportivo lavori
tell me more, it's interesting!
fabio
12th July 2006 05:43 PM
no night together sono luca tramontin di sport italia, quello alto due metri fuori con la testa che conduce total rugby e commenta lo strongmen, il flugtag etc con benzi e zoran. ciao
12th July 2006 06:31 PM
Martha Italians like to do things slowly!
[Edited by Gazza]

I KNEW I liked Italians!
12th July 2006 06:34 PM
Saint Sway Fabio Hot Stuff wins the award for coolest avatar. That Keef pic screams R&R decadence!!!
12th July 2006 07:30 PM
maumau
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I agree with all of that.

... and materazzi IS a wanker

though i was a little bit pissed of too that the final bow of the four was ruined by the players I am really beginning to be fed up with this Materazzi bashing
and this is why..

from this and other threads on the same argument both here and on tell me I've come to the conclusion that Materazzi is a wanker because his chest hit violently the head of Zidane, the greatest player of modern times that quitted the night of the final and so must be sanctified and his biography (of great play AND violent behavior) must be retouched as if it were a Stalin photograph.

Materazzi on the other hand is a dirty defender with a story of violent play (please enter the video clip link as evidence no1) that MUST NOT be reviewed in the light of a world cup tournament played at the highest level ando also tainted by an underserved red card.

His bad words (whatever they were and still we dont know exactly) were bad and still they would have been like all the other bad words players tell each other during every football game, that is: no one would have cared about them.

But Materazzi is to blame precisely for that his chest did not avoid purposedly the head of Saint ZZ so that his words - that still we're only theorizing above - are to be discussed because them words are the point of all this situation for sure.

I was the first on this board to defend ZZ from excessive bashing for his act, pointing at the fact that these things happen in football and must be read in their context and so circumscribed. But now I see that for some reason we have come full circle and all that was called to apologize ZZ for his violent behavior is denied to Materazzi.

ZZ, in the narrative of many here must remain the untainted prince. But, while the previous 13th times he behaved bad and was sent off there was always the hope that time and more beautiful football by him would have cleaned and make forget, now we are in the dramatic situation that ZZ will not pile any more beautiful football up on this act to bury it. And that, I see, seems not bearable by some of you.

Materazzi instead is the perfect monster and some of you seem to scream: why you played good defender football this time and did not break no knee?! Why you change your violent habits just now?! Why you even manage to be sent off unfairly so that you could even be seen as a victim?! And you even scored twice!! So here are the bad words that take the stage and clean everything.

Who cares if we have always pretended, until this very moment to ignore the bad words, the curses, the personal offenses that can be lip-read during every match. Now this is the only thing that matters.

You need a scapegoat, and while some of us (but I must say almost all the italian press) have tried to avoid to turn ZZ into a monster, you crave for Materazzi to be the scapegoat in order to clean, in this very last minute of his carrer, the reputation of the would be saint.

This pathetic hypocrisy made me take the defense of a player that i have never liked so much and that I will really consider an idiot racist if he said the words he is accused to have said. And still I will consider those words in the context of the football match (and what a match) just like i did for the violent act of ZZ.

You not. You contextualized ZZ violence but you want to take off Materazzi words from the context of a match of football and make them absolute. So you can argue about the tension of the game, the tiredness of the body and the mind, the possible provocation by the adversary talking about Saint ZZ, but all these things magically disappear and Materazzi is left alone with his words (what we dont know yet) as if he've said them sitting on a couch with a cup of tea in his right hand and the financial times on the other.

I beg your pardon but I have this bad habit of sympathyzing with monsters and I believe in the paradox that says that there's a sinner in all saints as much as there's a saint in all sinners. And that for this reason one should be more tolerant and balanced with both.
12th July 2006 09:29 PM
Gazza Lighten up, for fucks sake...

as the man said, "you shouldnt take it so hard..."
[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)