ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Niedersachsen NDR2 Radio thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jose Feliciano?? Return to archive
10th July 2006 08:18 AM
Rambler I was talking to a friend over the phone last night and I was commenting on how good a guitarist Keef was and then he said Mr.Richards was highly overrated and that many players were better than him.
He mentioned Perkins and so for and so on,but then he said even Jose Feliciano was better.
I havent heard anything from Jose so I'm asking here.I know he goes a ways back but maybe some of you remember him and can tell me..was he really better than keef?
Any opinions welcome......
10th July 2006 08:41 AM
Madafaka My God!
10th July 2006 08:41 AM
corgi37 Well, his destruction of Light my Fire ensures my eternal hatred for the man.
10th July 2006 08:48 AM
Rambler http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKpfVTd36K4&search=jose%20feliciano

start me up?????

and others:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFvqmIi9Ymc&search=jose%20feliciano

sounds lots better in classical style that pop I'll say that much,but he's got awesome chops.

flight of the bumblebee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOs1HC29zh4&search=jose%20feliciano
[Edited by Rambler]
[Edited by Rambler]
10th July 2006 03:34 PM
Egbert Is Escobar better than Keith?
10th July 2006 03:35 PM
pdog Get a cooler friend.
10th July 2006 03:42 PM
texile i love jose - that light my fire was on my parents' complimentary buick 8-track and to my 6 years old ears, it was badass guitar....
still is...
10th July 2006 05:28 PM
Stray Cat UK Completely different style to Keith. He mainly plays a classical /Spanish guitar.

Quite brilliant though.My dad has been a fan since the late 60s.

sc uk
[Edited by Stray Cat UK]
10th July 2006 06:17 PM
Saint Sway is this Jose Feliciano woman the same one with the bad gas that Voodoo is doing his podcast with??

http://novogate.com/board/968/227527-1.html
10th July 2006 06:35 PM
pdog Isn't Feliciano the technical term for a blow job?
10th July 2006 06:57 PM
Madafaka pdog... your humor is growin up in each post. You're so, so funny. Please, keep on that way!
10th July 2006 09:54 PM
Rambler Took a long hard look at feliciano and yes,they are totally different styles..but man,that Jose can play a mean guitar let me tell you.I'm still shocked I hadn't heard of him...
10th July 2006 10:14 PM
pdog
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
pdog... your humor is growin up in each post. You're so, so funny. Please, keep on that way!

I'm thinking of going pro... Posting has given me tons of ideas, all I need is the balls and a bit of a script to get up on a stage!
11th July 2006 12:08 AM
gorda
quote:
Rambler wrote:
I was talking to a friend over the phone last night and I was commenting on how good a guitarist Keef was and then he said Mr.Richards was highly overrated and that many players were better than him.
He mentioned Perkins and so for and so on,but then he said even Jose Feliciano was better.
I havent heard anything from Jose so I'm asking here.I know he goes a ways back but maybe some of you remember him and can tell me..was he really better than keef?
Any opinions welcome......

Jose Feliciano is a Puerto Rican songwriter/singer/guitarist. He plays the acoustic guitar. His music is simple, but romantic. Even though, he is blind and a diabetic. This has not held him back.

His most famous song is " Feliz Navidad! Feliz Navidad! Feliz Navidad! Prospero Año y Felicidad.

I want to wish you a Merry Christmas. I want to wish you a Merry Christmas. I want wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart!
11th July 2006 12:13 AM
gorda More information on Jose Feliciano:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Feliciano

11th July 2006 07:32 AM
Rambler I don't know bout his music being simple let me tell you.
I heard some classical things in there that made me shiver.
And as far as Puerto Rico goes,another beast comes from there,Carlos Alomar,who played with Mick on the She's the Boss
lp and David Bowie things,so they seem to have a history of great guitar players.
11th July 2006 04:09 PM
MrPleasant Try the Monkees!
11th July 2006 05:02 PM
gorda
quote:
Rambler wrote:
I don't know bout his music being simple let me tell you.
I heard some classical things in there that made me shiver.
And as far as Puerto Rico goes,another beast comes from there,Carlos Alomar,who played with Mick on the She's the Boss
lp and David Bowie things,so they seem to have a history of great guitar players.

I am not familiar with Jose Feliciano's music. The only other song that I am familiar with is his version of Usted which is a remake of a Mexican bolero.

There are many versions of this song, my favorite being on one of Luis Miguel's Romance albums. Anyways, compared to Luis Miguel's version, which has a full orchestra, Jose Feliciano's version sounds simple to my ears.
11th July 2006 05:05 PM
pdog
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Try the Monkees!

With wings?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)