ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Niedersachsen NDR2 Radio thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live album Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
6th July 2006 09:04 PM
pduff101 I and pretty much everyone else assumes the Stones will release a live album following this tour, so I have some suggestions for what they should include. Obviously the standards (Satis., Start me up, JJF, Brown sugar, etc.) need to be there, but what about songs like The Worst, Get Off of My Cloud, You Got Me Rocking, Sway, Rain Fall Down, Wild Horses, Happy, Let's Spend the Night Together, Tumbling Dice, Night Time is the Right Time, Midnight Rambler, Shattered. I would especially like The Worst which, next to Happy, is Keith's best, and Midnight Rambler. Some of these songs are standards but are rarely or never included on live albums and some are new or rarely played songs or covers that the Stones have played regularly on this tour. Live Licks was probably their best to date and I'd like to see the next one in the same mold, especially since this could be their last tour.
6th July 2006 09:13 PM
Poplar
they should take the lead of Phish, and put their concerts online for a small price. We get good audio of the shows we paid to see, and they get more money. Everybody is Happy.
6th July 2006 09:26 PM
Soldatti what about no live album at all?
7th July 2006 12:18 AM
Zack Pass the pipe!
7th July 2006 02:05 AM
pdog I'm hitting myself with a pipe!
7th July 2006 02:28 AM
marko Live album,of their worst tour ever,thats a good idea.
7th July 2006 02:32 AM
pdog They put out Live Licks and screwed us hard this tour!
There will be a Live Album, with a few surprises!
Ugh!
I'm officially telling everyone I know how much The Stones have blown it, and going to the beach and burying my head in the sand!
Goodnight and fuck off!
7th July 2006 02:50 AM
ListenToTheLion NO MORE LIVE ALBUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7th July 2006 04:10 AM
Jumacfly here's the pipe!!!

another live album??
why not??
what about rarities 2, hot rocks 3, sucking in the 90's, made in the shade 2, jump back 17 ???

Argghh!!!!!! NO MORE!!
7th July 2006 04:36 AM
razorback Another live album ??? once again it would be "live"in the studio.Nothing can beat an excellent bootleg.
I don't give a shit for live tapes which have been reworked and reworked again at the "sound hospital"

[Edited by razorback]
7th July 2006 05:12 AM
Poplar
bleak times around here.

7th July 2006 07:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
pduff101 wrote:
I and pretty much everyone else assumes the Stones will release a live album following this tour

maybe they will, but I'm not so sure its as much a sure thing as previous tours. Do they still have a record label to release it on? Its a bad sign that its 'assumed' which can only encourage another pointles release

quote:
, so I have some suggestions for what they should include. Obviously the standards (Satis., Start me up, JJF, Brown sugar, etc.) need to be there,

NO, THEY DON'T !!

quote:
but what about songs like The Worst, Get Off of My Cloud, You Got Me Rocking, Sway, Rain Fall Down, Wild Horses, Happy, Let's Spend the Night Together, Tumbling Dice, Night Time is the Right Time, Midnight Rambler, Shattered. I would especially like The Worst which, next to Happy, is Keith's best, and Midnight Rambler. Some of these songs are standards but are rarely or never included on live albums and some are new or rarely played songs or covers that the Stones have played regularly on this tour.

quite correct, esepcially in the case of stuff like 'Midnight Rambler' which has been surprisingly left off too many live albums

However, one major stumbling block with another live album is that because of the nature of the shows this time around, the bulk of any ABB live album would probably bear a striking resemblance to the tracklisting of Disc 1 of Live Licks

quote:
Live Licks was probably their best to date and I'd like to see the next one in the same mold, especially since this could be their last tour.

Live Licks was the Stones best live album to date? You're kidding me, right? Pros - good sound mix, mostly decent performances Cons - lots of songs that had been released before, appalling editing which proved the band cared so little about it that they couldnt have listened to the final cut before release, hideous artwork and the fact that its basically an edited audio soundtrack to a DVD that had already been in the shops for a year. Which made it the most pointless release of their career of any product which the band had approved. The whole concept and execution of Live Licks was a disgrace and an embarrassment for a band of the Stones' reputation for professionalism.

The last thing the world, or the band's reputation and legacy, needs is another one "in the same mold".

I cant grasp why so many Stones fans think they need another commercially released live album thats poorly executed and assembled and which hardly anyone buys. Every tour doesnt NEED a live album - every other act seems to manage without doing so, and in the DVD era, theres no need for live albums anyway (The release of Four Flicks renders Live Licks totally obsolete in every conceivable way as a souvenir of the Licks tour)

They should take a leaf out of the Who's book, a band who even though theyve been a nostalgia act (as the Stones are now) for years, have given themselves a bit of credibility since 2002 by offering unedited soundboard CD releases (and on this tour DVDs) of every single show as a limited edition, for a reasonable price and with the profits going to charity. No need to release them commercially (thus avoiding crap reviews, bleating about 'pointless' releases and poor sales), but just as a souvenir to collectors and people who attended the shows - and for a good cause too.

Its too late now of course, with the tour being almost a year old, but it would certainly have offset a lot of the at times justifiable negativity surrounding events of the last year or so and the questions over the band's motivation and attitude towards their fanbase and the public in general.

I seem to remember just after the tour was announced a year ago some mention of the possibility of the Stones making shows available in this way (does anyone else remember it?) but I guess they changed their minds. Too bad.
7th July 2006 09:54 AM
patioaintdry Gazza wrote:
"Live Licks was the Stones best live album to date? You're kidding me, right? Pros - good sound mix, mostly decent performances Cons - lots of songs that had been released before, appalling editing which proved the band cared so little about it that they couldnt have listened to the final cut before release, hideous artwork and the fact that its basically an edited audio soundtrack to a DVD that had already been in the shops for a year. Which made it the most pointless release of their career of any product which the band had approved. The whole concept and execution of Live Licks was a disgrace and an embarrassment for a band of the Stones' reputation for professionalism.'

'The last thing the world, or the band's reputation and legacy, needs is another one "in the same mold".'

'I cant grasp why so many Stones fans think they need another commercially released live album thats poorly executed and assembled and which hardly anyone buys. Every tour doesnt NEED a live album - every other act seems to manage without doing so, and in the DVD era, theres no need for live albums anyway (The release of Four Flicks renders Live Licks totally obsolete in every conceivable way as a souvenir of the Licks tour)'

'They should take a leaf out of the Who's book, a band who even though theyve been a nostalgia act (as the Stones are now) for years, have given themselves a bit of credibility since 2002 by offering unedited soundboard CD releases (and on this tour DVDs) of every single show as a limited edition, for a reasonable price and with the profits going to charity. No need to release them commercially (thus avoiding crap reviews, bleating about 'pointless' releases and poor sales), but just as a souvenir to collectors and people who attended the shows - and for a good cause too.'

'Its too late now of course, with the tour being almost a year old, but it would certainly have offset a lot of the at times justifiable negativity surrounding events of the last year or so and the questions over the band's motivation and attitude towards their fanbase and the public in general. '

'I seem to remember just after the tour was announced a year ago some mention of the possibility of the Stones making shows available in this way (does anyone else remember it?) but I guess they changed their minds. Too bad."

I've nothing to add -- perfect!
7th July 2006 09:58 AM
gimmekeef If anything is released it will be DVD format.Highlights of the world tour...focus on the extravanzas more than music.....a cd of live Stones now?..even Starbucks couldnt give em away....
7th July 2006 09:59 AM
corgi37 There WILL be a live album, simply for 1 reason.

There will be no more studio albums. I mean, there will be no contract for a start!

But, the amazing thing is find is this. The dvd of the tour is the RIO show (so i believe). Ok, cool. So, the amazing U.S./Euro stadium stage simply will not exist for future generations.

Lets face it. Us Southern hemisphere people got soundly fucking ripped off by that 4th rate stage. I mean, its really embarassing compared to say U2. Robbie Williams Aussie stage is nearly twice the size!

I just find it amazing that as a document of this flawed tour, they are allowing a shit rag stage mainly decorated with cloth (ala 1981) as the definative representation of a "Stones spectacula".

7th July 2006 10:03 AM
jb Agree with Corgi..at least in the past the stage was amazing. Both stages this tour suck and are not nearly as creative as SW, VL, or BTB....I thought the 40Licks stage was also very generic...
7th July 2006 11:05 AM
ExileInLA i don't even know what to say to this.

you seem to desire all the lame shit from this band.

go find some bootlegs if you crave shows from this tour. any live album that could be released is going to suck because this tour has sucked.

live licks sucks in the worst way. worse than flashpoint. worse than still life. worse than them all.
7th July 2006 11:08 AM
jb
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
i don't even know what to say to this.

you seem to desire all the lame shit from this band.

go find some bootlegs if you crave shows from this tour. any live album that could be released is going to suck because this tour has sucked.

live licks sucks in the worst way. worse than flashpoint. worse than still life. worse than them all.

Agree with LL sucking big time..
7th July 2006 11:25 AM
Jumacfly If they release an album I wonder which song could they edit a la "rocks off"...this was the supreme crime for us Rocks offers!!
shattered and IORR next???
7th July 2006 11:28 AM
Jeep
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
If they release an album I wonder which song could they edit a la "rocks off"...this was the supreme crime for us Rocks offers!!
shattered and IORR next???

Maybe,a 5 minutes edit version of Midnight Rambler to fit perfectly in a 60 minutes Copy Controlled CD.

Allez les Bleus, Ju !
7th July 2006 11:38 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jeep wrote:

Maybe,a 5 minutes edit version of Midnight Rambler to fit perfectly in a 60 minutes Copy Controlled CD.

Allez les Bleus, Ju !

What a scary perspective Jeep!!
scary but realistic....

and of course allez les bleus!!
7th July 2006 11:39 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

What a scary perspective Jeep!!
scary but realistic....

and of course allez les bleus!!

Good Morning Juma ......

What we drinkin' tonight ?!?!

Joeykins
7th July 2006 11:41 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Joey wrote:

Good Morning Juma ......

What we drinkin' tonight ?!?!

Joeykins

Tonight??
Well may be fresh cervezas like San Miguel.
Hope you re ok my friend...tell me you will support France on sunday evening!
7th July 2006 11:43 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Hope you re ok my friend...tell me you will support France on sunday evening!

Frig Yeah !!!!!

J.
7th July 2006 11:49 AM
IanBillen
quote:
marko wrote:
Live album,of their worst tour ever,thats a good idea.

I have never heard anyone say it is their worst tour....

What is up with that? I heard all good things.

Ian
7th July 2006 11:52 AM
F505
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Ian

You have never been in Omaha have you?
7th July 2006 11:52 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Ian

Agree with Marko on this one..but you will tell me I
haven't attend a single show on this tour and you ll be right, so it's time for me to shut up and to come back to the pipe!!!
but the way Mick is singing on shattered for example...sounds like my Aunt!!!
7th July 2006 11:54 AM
F505 Hello Jumacfly! Good luck this sunday!
7th July 2006 11:54 AM
jb The shows have been fun, albeit no serious musicianship. Last great Stones =73
7th July 2006 12:01 PM
Joey " You have never been in Omaha have you? "

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)