ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Niedersachsen NDR2 Radio thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian.........part 5 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
8th April 2006 06:36 AM
stewed & Keefed
8th April 2006 06:40 AM
stewed & Keefed
8th April 2006 02:47 PM
GhostofBrianJones Hi! I see you have posted a picture of the Sleeping Rolling Stones. Look how
peaceful they look. Makes ya wonder if any of them happened to doze off
during that photo shoot? Do you have any picture of them with Brian and that
black hat on, where he is SHIRTLESS and has the black coat on, with the
patterned trousers? I think it is inside one of their ablums, but they have
them in COLOR! The other members are around him. There are two more shots
of him lying down with the band around him from the same photo shoot.
If you find them would you post them maybe?

Thanks for doing a wonderful thread on our favorite Rolling Stone.
Loveya
9th April 2006 06:21 AM
stewed & Keefed
9th April 2006 10:18 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Hi Sophia, how are you doing? S&K really does a fantastic job with all these
Brian photos.

By the way, I found some more photos and am going to see if I can send
them to S&K. So when you get them, do as you will. Also could you let me
know if they come through okay? Thanks.

Hope everyone is doing well. Thank God It's Friday, have a Stella for me,
infact have as many as you can. Same for you Sophia.
[Edited by GhostofBrianJones]

hello dear!
i just got back from scottland a few hours ago and i brought illness. and as i see i also missed alot here on brian's thread. so i was very excited about discovering all.
i had to think about you my imaginary sibling-souls alot today as i got presented 2 books about brian before leaving for germany.. the one i am almost to gulp is the one of anna wohlin, "the wild and wicked lofe of...".
as alot of questions came up i wanted to share with you...i will go deeper with that when i am back at my place and having time to rest and write.
i hope you are all well! and thank you so much for sending pictures to s&k, linda! these are so pretty!
and yes, i agree, wonderful job in posting all the pictures here.. i am always surprised.

(i so love the colors on this one that i had to post it on here! since weeks its my desktop-background on my homes computer.)
[Edited by Sophia Graves]
10th April 2006 10:54 AM
Sophia Graves

10th April 2006 01:13 PM
stewed & Keefed
11th April 2006 01:10 PM
Sophia Graves
(i hope no one will beat me up for this..haha)
11th April 2006 01:50 PM
nanatod
quote:
Sophia Graves wrote:
(i hope no one will beat me up for this..haha)

You know what Jello Biafra used to say.
11th April 2006 01:52 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Never thought I'd see you in this thread, I thought you had no interest in it.
11th April 2006 02:00 PM
stewed & Keefed
11th April 2006 02:02 PM
stewed & Keefed
11th April 2006 02:35 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
nanatod wrote:

tell me what he used to say! i am curious now.

quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Never thought I'd see you in this thread, I thought you had no interest in it.

yeah yeah..that are the lurkers

hahahha
11th April 2006 02:39 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Sophia Graves wrote:

tell me what he used to say! i am curious now.

He was refering to the Dead Kennedy's song "Nazi Punks Fuck Off", I guess his response to the Brian in SS Gear picture. Jello was their singer in case you didn't know. I personally have always wanted to see that picture, I've only heard the stories of Brian dressing in it.
11th April 2006 02:50 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

He was refering to the Dead Kennedy's song "Nazi Punks Fuck Off", I guess his response to the Brian in SS Gear picture. Jello was their singer in case you didn't know. I personally have always wanted to see that picture, I've only heard the stories of Brian dressing in it.

11th April 2006 02:58 PM
Break The Spell Thanks for the pictures Stewed & Keefed.
11th April 2006 06:30 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

yes yes.. i know.. but i never thought about that the song might be referring to this action of brian and anita!
hmmm.. i am not sure. i dont think so. haha. wha'eeever.
i mean these fucking nazi punks exist with or without those two blondeheads.
but thanks for that thought-excursion.
12th April 2006 07:44 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Sophia Graves wrote:

yes yes.. i know.. but i never thought about that the song might be referring to this action of brian and anita!
hmmm.. i am not sure. i dont think so. haha. wha'eeever.
i mean these fucking nazi punks exist with or without those two blondeheads.
but thanks for that thought-excursion.

No, the song wasn't written about Jones, it was written about pro-nazi punks bands that were popping up at the time and wrecking gigs. That guy earlier just posted "you know what Jello Biafra used to say" as his opinion to the pictures I suppose. But no, the song was not written about Jones.
12th April 2006 08:51 AM
CrosstownTraffic I love the photographs of Brian and Anita. They look like twins. I wonder what Brian would look like today if he had lived.
12th April 2006 09:53 AM
Sophia Graves
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

No, the song wasn't written about Jones, it was written about pro-nazi punks bands that were popping up at the time and wrecking gigs. That guy earlier just posted "you know what Jello Biafra used to say" as his opinion to the pictures I suppose. But no, the song was not written about Jones.

haha, oh yes..i see..i guess i've read youre response wrong! haha! you must know my brain and i suffer from fever!...i brought some scottish flu or something nice! hehe
12th April 2006 01:11 PM
stewed & Keefed
12th April 2006 02:00 PM
nanatod Sorry, I was unable to reply earlier, but I was out of the office yesterday afternoon. Break the Spell basically has the gist of what I meant, which is that I have a low tolerance of Nazis, neo-nazis, and people who wear nazi fashion.
12th April 2006 03:37 PM
GhostofBrianJones Great pictures S&K!! Just out of curiousity what is Keith doing kneeling in
front of Brian Jones? It reminds me of what shoe salesmen to when one is
trying on shoes. I know that is NOT what he is doing but if someone knows
please tell. Thanks and good day and rest of week to all.
12th April 2006 11:28 PM
Ramrod The shot of Keith kneeling in front of Brian is taken from the photo gallery in the "Rolling Stones Rock'n'roll Circus" DVD.
13th April 2006 01:50 AM
Sophia Graves
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Sorry, I was unable to reply earlier, but I was out of the office yesterday afternoon. Break the Spell basically has the gist of what I meant, which is that I have a low tolerance of Nazis, neo-nazis, and people who wear nazi fashion.

not everyone who is wearing nazi uniforms or signs (that you call "fasion") is actually a nazi! i have a very good friend in london working at some museum there doing history research when its about that subject. he has alot of that stuff at home and is collecting it. he also is doing pretty interesting interviews with people who survived (for example) auschwitz. so, and no one cant call him a nazi as he actually would never be one!..not even in the worst nightmare!
i have actually low tolerance for people who think too "political correct" (and dont wanna look more behind things) as actually the current politics are shit anyway! look around.. you cant tell me all is better these days than about 60 years ago... theres still alot of killing, war and racism on this globe! and people who are interested in history or people who kind of protest against racism with showing its signs arent the key for that!
for example when its about the swastika..the stupid nazis stole it as you can see this sign in the most cultures (present and past) allover the world! buddhism, india, scottland, irland, china (the only culture which is still using that sign), old greek, america, maya, israel, and so on.
even to me it happens people call me a nazi..but why?..just because of i am interested in history and just because i talk about it and dont hide it? i dont understand this worlds way of thinking sometimes.

haha, just one pic that has not that much to do with brian...ever saw jackie kennedy wearing a swastika?
here you go:

quite interesting side regarding all that, even though its german..but you can see some pictures and stuff:
http://www.sabon.org/swastika/index.html
13th April 2006 01:59 PM
stewed & Keefed
13th April 2006 05:42 PM
brother_casey Can anyone identify where the image of Brian used in the Brian Jonestown Massacre logo came from?

[Edited by brother_casey]
13th April 2006 06:47 PM
GhostofBrianJones Hi Great picture S&K!! Loveya

The Nazi Era should not be forgotten. It should serve as a reminder of how
genocide, oppression, and loss of freedom can do to a country and its people.
We have made great strides in our world, not in all countries, but we have
come along way since I was a kid. As long as there are imperfect people there
will be imperfect governments. There is always room for tremendous improvement in all aspects of human life. Each person is entitled to his/her
own identity and goals and life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I noticed
that Americans are paying a lot more attention to their Government than they
were 40 years ago. With greatly improved media, we see so much more than
in the past many decades. I agree with Sophia, she makes some very valid
points. Peace to all!!
13th April 2006 11:41 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Hi Great picture S&K!! Loveya

The Nazi Era should not be forgotten. It should serve as a reminder of how
genocide, oppression, and loss of freedom can do to a country and its people.
We have made great strides in our world, not in all countries, but we have
come along way since I was a kid. As long as there are imperfect people there
will be imperfect governments. There is always room for tremendous improvement in all aspects of human life. Each person is entitled to his/her
own identity and goals and life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I noticed
that Americans are paying a lot more attention to their Government than they
were 40 years ago. With greatly improved media, we see so much more than
in the past many decades. I agree with Sophia, she makes some very valid
points. Peace to all!!

i also agree with you.. and i actually always wonder how come that imperfect and stupid people are allowed to get into the government or to lead! tztztz.
and yeah, america..thats weird..they pay more attention to their government now but are "clever" enough to choose bush again and again and again and..... they must be blind and deaf all at once! haha!
and you know what? i now came to that point where i thought, imagine if they had such a great built media in the nazi era as we have now!...i cant help myself but have that opinion that maybe it wouldnt have happened in that dimension!? maybe! i mean most of the people didnt even notice what happened around them..not even people who were working for the nazis. weird.
interesting.

okey, more brian photos please!
14th April 2006 04:49 AM
stewed & Keefed
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)