ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006
© Niedersachsen NDR2 Radio thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian.........part 5 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
9th July 2006 10:08 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Sophia Graves wrote:

chiiiiicago!!! i have a penpal who lives close to there..in a little village called SLEEPY HOLLOW!! it is so weird that this place really exists. hah!

i wasnt sure at all if you are male or female.. i think sometimes it doesnt really matter. but yes, you seem very male-ish in your way of writing.. very posh and funny. alot of people very often thought of me that i was a boy too..weird.

Thanks!

Great name Sleepy Hollow, non? My mother and stepfather were looking to buy an architect's faux Frank Lloyd Wright house there - but there was too much structural damage - and the rest of the neighborhood got filled up with bad ranch houses.. Not a good investment to buy the best house on top of the hill. There was also a great civil war era brick farmhouse across a horsefarm - but what if they sold it and cheesey townhouses went up a couple years later? Alas..

Too many misoginists on board at times...although very many great guys as well. I've been posting on and off since 1997...oy veh - what the hell is wrong with me! Got some weird death and rape threats along the way. Hopefully those guys are in jail now, or committed!

10th July 2006 05:28 AM
RubyTuesday
10th July 2006 05:31 AM
RubyTuesday Brian with Keith Moon at rnr circus in 1968

10th July 2006 06:07 AM
Sophia Graves
10th July 2006 07:35 AM
RubyTuesday Brian and Mick at the release party for Beggars Banquet

10th July 2006 08:26 AM
Sophia Graves
10th July 2006 01:19 PM
stewed & Keefed
10th July 2006 03:49 PM
GhostofBrianJones I understand Sophia but I do confuse people sometimes. My grandparents were
German from the Black Forest. My grandad was a baker and he was supposed
to have been wonderful at his chosen profession. But I never got to taste his
bakery goods as he died when I was two. My Grandma was an excellent cook.
So much good and love came from this.

Love Ya S&K and Sophia.
10th July 2006 06:26 PM
Back Street Girl
10th July 2006 09:35 PM
Sophia Graves
10th July 2006 11:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well, we only have 11 replies more in this one but I want to ask something to you.

As you probably noticed I'm gonna make a Brian Jones special on the WEB radio thius Thursday. I'm going to use JoJouka and Degree of Murder as background music while we discuss about Brian. I'm going to put "My Little One" with Jimi, Dave and Mitch, Rice Kispies LOL, Still a Fool, and some more, I'm not sure of playing some Beatles

I want to make emphasis in his skills to play different instruments and the sound he added to the band.

In short: Please recommend 5 Stones songs for the webcast

11th July 2006 01:51 AM
GhostofBrianJones Okay if you are referring to songs which BJ played on I could
maybe suggest, Under My Thumb, Paint It Black, No Expectations,
Walking The Dog, 2120 South Michigan Ave, the latter has BJ
playing the Harmonica beautifully. Hope this is what you wanted.
Thanks again Voodoo, wish I could hear it.
11th July 2006 02:32 AM
Sophia Graves
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I want to make emphasis in his skills to play different instruments and the sound he added to the band.

In short: Please recommend 5 Stones songs for the webcast

i would also add:
- citadel: saxophone (actually this song who showed me to love the saxophone!)

-shes a rainbow: string arrangements

- 2000 light years from home: mellotron
(or whatever that was)

- didnt he actually play the slide on "little red rooster"? no it was the harmonica eh?
its too early..too tired to remember.

- ruby tuesday: recorder

i would say one of the first three songs... i know its all from "her satanic majesties request"..but i think this album a total underrated diamond! actually my favorite songs.
[Edited by Sophia Graves]
11th July 2006 02:40 AM
Sophia Graves

(all photos) kungliga tennishallen, stockholm - 1966

[Edited by Sophia Graves]
11th July 2006 07:14 AM
Sophia Graves

11th July 2006 08:22 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Sophia Graves wrote:

-shes a rainbow: string arrangements

That was John Paul Jones
11th July 2006 01:30 PM
stewed & Keefed
11th July 2006 01:31 PM
stewed & Keefed
11th July 2006 01:32 PM
stewed & Keefed
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
11th July 2006 01:33 PM
stewed & Keefed
11th July 2006 01:44 PM
stewed & Keefed
11th July 2006 02:15 PM
GhostofBrianJones Beautiful pictures as always S&K, check out my site I put more piccies up.
Hope things are doing well with you. I am getting two maybe three more
BJ Rolling Stones books so hopefully I can scan soon.

Hope this finds everyone doing okay. And may be the weather be nice and
cool where ever everyone is. Thanks

LOVEYA!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)