ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Press Conference to introduce Mick Taylor as the new Rolling Stone
Hyde Park, London June 13, 1969

Photo by Peter Stone
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why Can't the Boys be More Like Bruce? Return to archive
07-10-02 03:33 PM
sandrew Bruce Springsteen fans are probably aware of this, but it looks like the E Street Band is touring this summer, with dates scheduled almost as soon as his new album comes out. Here's my question: Why can't the Stones operate like this?

Bruce has a new, 15-track album coming out, the bulk of which, I understand, was written in the last 10 months. The tickets will probably be reasonably priced, and they'll sell out in no time. He takes no time to wind up the big Glitz Machine - and he'll be back next summer for multiple shows in major cities!

This is not an idealistic rant. Bruce is a comfortable millionaire but remains fan-friendly. Granted, "The Rising" will probably be his first solid studio album in almost 20 years, but you have to notice the difference in principles.
07-10-02 06:31 PM
Gazza FYI Sandrew (and any Bruce fans out there,I know theres a few of us) - Ticket prices will supposedly be $75 (plus TM charges of course). There'll also be GA on the floor...the 2002 dates are announced today on Brucespringsteen.net and backstreets.com - 39 one nighters in arenas in the US with 7 in Europe in late October in the middle of the USA run... (the cities for Europe are still to be announced)
2003 will see Australia,a full length European tour plus a return to North America featuring multiple nights in major areas.

Was hoping the rumours of him playing NY/NJ the same week as the Stones were gonna be true as it would have basically been the most perfect week of my life,seeing my two favourite bands in that area within a few days but with the tour starting in NJ on August 7th and the MSG show on the 12th,not this time!
07-10-02 09:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ===> Why Can't the Boys be More Like Bruce?

Well at least Mick is doing his best

07-10-02 11:48 PM
Martha
Bruce seems to have kept in touch with his working class roots and being comfortable with several million$$ suits his lifestyle and musical ambitions, evidently.

Mick seems to love living the bazillionaire lifestyle and I really don't know if he's as into making music as the Boss is..I mean in terms of continuing to create with the Stones. He's put his energy into making films, .............. amongest other things.
07-11-02 10:21 AM
ShannonDC I agree with you sandrew. I don't think anyone can accuse the Stones of being 'fan-friendly,' at least not since they gave that famous free concert in California in 1969.
07-11-02 10:53 AM
nankerphelge Personally, I like the Stones just the way they are, There is an aura of superiority -- over their peers, over the industry, over just about everything -- even the fans sometime, but once on stage baby -- they deliver. The whole "if you ain't a Stones fan, you ain't shit" attitude is part of the mystique. You pay more, but you get more. It ain't just a concert, it is an event -- something you can plan your social calendar around.

07-11-02 11:21 AM
mattb I remember Bruce telling me at the Orpheum that he wrote his songs in silence and that's how he wants to perform them. Okay, Bruce, go have fun performing your songs to a silent crowd. Such principles!
07-11-02 12:11 PM
sandrew Nanker - I like the superiorty aura too, but they don't have to charge so much to cultivate it.

Mattb - They certainly weren't silent on the last tour ...

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road