ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Press Conference to introduce Mick Taylor as the new Rolling Stone
Hyde Park, London June 13, 1969

Photo by Peter Stone
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Faces 4CD set ready to be released on November 1st! Return to archive
07-08-02 09:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great news from Mac!

The long-awaited Faces 4CD box set is not only back on track,
it's rolling and rumbling down the line and due to arrive by
November 1st! This was the exact date Faces signed with
Warner Bros records back in 1969, some 33 years ago. My
very best old longtime pal and buddy, Stuart Batsford at
Warner Music International in London, confirmed yesterday
that it's happening in a large way, and that it will include an 80
page booklet with never before seen photographs, and never, ever
before heard stories, and every recorded track, all 'A' & 'B' sides and studio,
radio and 'live' performances, plus some very special, never previously heard tracks
and rarities, the like of which will probably cause children to be born spontaneously with spiky
haircuts, a liking for good music, long haired girls, short drinks and flared pants.... everywhere in the world....

Beginning on November 1st!

Would I lie to you?

More news as it comes in...

MAC
07-08-02 09:15 PM
KeepRigid
07-08-02 09:55 PM
gypsy KeepRigid! Here you are! I have been looking all over for you today! BabyRigid is sick, and I am not even going to post all the tomfoolery your lawyer has been up to today! Now, come home!
07-08-02 09:57 PM
BILL PERKS AWESOME-I LOOK FORWARD TO THAT MORE THAN WARHORSES.THE FUNNEST,BOOZIEST,SLOPPIEST BAND I NEVER GOT TO SEE!
07-08-02 09:58 PM
Nellcote Pissa cool! Got to get my hair spiked again.
Front Row, '75, Providence Civic Center, back brace & all!
It was the balls.....
Thx for the info.....

Back to the Stones... 56 days & counting till the Fleet!!
07-09-02 02:25 AM
Child of the Moon I can't tell you how excited I am, I mean really. I first dug the Faces last summer, when I bought that "best of" that's out. Hooked after the first listen. "Ooh La La" is one of the greatest friggin' songs of all time.

"He'll have to learn just like me/And that's the hardest way."

Ronnie still kicks ass.
07-10-02 12:29 PM
Honky Tonk Man Errmm, no no no. The Faces are just a bastardized version of the Small Faces. Minus Steve Marriot and add Ronnie and Rod. Now come on, who was the better singer? I say "who was" because Marriot died in a fire and Rod cant sing anymore. Glastonbury prooved that!!

Steve Marriot was miles ahead of Rod Stewart, which is proboally why he made it big before old Gravel Pipes. Rod "The Mod" Stewart (as he was known in the 60s) had been hanging around recording studios since 1963. First scoring as job playing Harmonica with Long John Baldery, then he released a handleful of dire and i mean DIRE singles. In my opinion, hed still be playing Brittish boozers if it wasnt for Jeff Beck giving him a shot, we most likely wouldnt know who he was. So ive think i have made my point,

Anyone read that article in the Daily Mail about Rod not been up to scratch in the bedroom? Ha Ha!!

Hes not Mick Jagger is he?

Alex
07-10-02 02:33 PM
Prodigal Son Alex, I have to disagree. The Faces were better than the Small Faces. The Small Faces wanted to be like the Kinks but failed at it, while the Faces wanted to be the Stones and didn't really come close but sure as hell didn't fail. Until the crap came along in the late 70s, Rod was a gifted singer (have you ever heard his first few solo albums, he covered and wrote some great material and performed it with such raw talent). Yet, to give credit where credit is due, yes Jeff Beck got Rod "The Mod" going but if not for the inspired atmosphere from "real" musicians and co-writers like dear Ronnie, Martin Quinentton (?), Mick Waller and a lot of Faces help Rod would not have had a great solo start. those guys made him and without them he was lost and turned to sappy cover versions like "The First Cut is the Deepest" then his own slew of junk. Ronnie is the more briliant half of the Rod Stewart machine of the early 70s!

"Holy sh!t hit me ronnie! And also smack that bitch Rod the Mod upside his spikey blond head!"
07-10-02 03:03 PM
Honky Tonk Man No Evan, i do not agree.

The Small Faces were nothing like The Kinks. Theyre music may sound a little similar, but they both had quite a heavy sound aroung 65-66. The Kinks were better then the Small Faces. The Small Faces writing team of Marriot/Lane wrote some great songs and you cant deniy that. Also they were genuine Mods. Unlike groups like the Who, they were just dressed up like that. I think the Small Faces were great and they are rememberd more over here then the Faces.

Alex
07-10-02 11:53 PM
BILL PERKS IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO A GREAT ROCK RECORD,LISTEN TO JEFF BECK GROUP'S TRUTH.THIS IS ROD'S BEST WORK,AND NO BAND EVER SOUNDED BETTER.TOO BAD IT DID'NT LAST!
07-11-02 06:41 AM
bez85 the small faces had a slew of number one hits in england in the mid sixties..un-equaled by the Faces..long live ronnie lane, the most underated song writer in rock history..
07-11-02 07:08 PM
Prodigal Son Yeah, Small Faces were great though. I see your point, it's just I prefer the Faces to the Small Faces. If you love Ronnie Lane, Alex, get Rough Mix with Pete Townshend. Both guys at their best. As for the Jeff Beck Group, Truth is a good album but its ragged, lazy blues with the acid-blues styled guitar work is a bit nauseating after a while. It's still good. I like Jeff's solo work, like "Blow by Blow" better because it's more innovative and exciting to my ear. Not to say the group was bad, I dig the Jeff Beck Group with Ronnie, Rod and Mick Waller.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road