ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Press Conference to introduce Mick Taylor as the new Rolling Stone
Hyde Park, London June 13, 1969

Photo by Peter Stone
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: rain dogs_tom waits Return to archive
07-07-02 10:20 AM
denis wilson can anybody tell me what tracks does Keith richards play on Tom Wait's 'Rain Dogs' album?
07-07-02 06:10 PM
torn&frayed Keith plays on Big Black Mariah, Union Square, & Blind Love and plays damn well in fact!!! Speaking of Keith and Tom, I caught the Tom Waits Raindogs tour at the Beacon Theatre in NYC around 85/86 - I arrived late for the show and was rushing like mad to get to my seats when who should I happen to slam into on the way into theatre but Keef himself - nearly knocked him down in fact in my heated rush to get to my seats - he wheeled around and smiled (guess he liked our enthusiasm!) before being whisked off to his seats by an usher w/Patti and friends - as it turned out our seats turned out to be right next to his and a great time was had by all!

Talk about fools rushing in where angels fear to tread!
07-10-02 03:27 AM
denis wilson many thanks torn&frayed,great wee story.must tell you about the time i bumped into anita and bianca at the greens playhouse,glascow.my mate and i were lucky enough to get a vip box at the stones gig,towards the end we looked behind us and the two ladies were standing watching the stones,being two horny guys from belfast we chatted them up,they invited us back to a post gig party but we declined.Had we went i reckon the future of rock n roll would have been changed for ever!
07-10-02 09:58 AM
torn&frayed Now that's entertainment! A Tom Waits cameo at one of the upcoming Stones gigs would be sweet - I was actually surprised that Keith didn't join Waits' band on stage for the last few numbers that evening - Raindogs was their first colaboration and the material he performed on was very strong - C'est la vie.

You never know - it might happen this time out. Keith and Tom go back a ways and have collaborated on some things since Raindogs (Bone Machine, Harlem Shuffle). Tom has also been effusive in interviews over the years about his admiration for the band citing Exile as one of the the best rock albums ever made and Mick Jagger's vocals (especially his falsetto on R&B numbers like Fool To Cry) as some of the best ever recorded.

Tom's rumored to be considering a limited late summer tour in support of his two new albums that will hit the East and West coasts around the same time the Stones are scheduled to perform - u never know!!!
07-10-02 10:02 AM
torn&frayed BTW: The Raindogs show Keith attended took place at the Eugene O'neill Theatre in Times Square (not the Beacon as posted earlier) - got my Waits tours mixed up!
07-10-02 06:43 PM
Gazza >many thanks torn&frayed,great wee story.must tell you about the time i bumped into anita and bianca at the greens playhouse,glascow.my mate and i were lucky enough to get a vip box at the stones gig,towards the end we looked behind us and the two ladies were standing watching the stones,being two horny guys from belfast we chatted them up,they invited us back to a post gig party but we declined.Had we went i reckon the future of rock n roll would have been changed for ever!

Glasgow Playhouse...was that the 1971 tour?? Great story..so much for Anita and Bianca never getting on with each other - theyre even on the pull together!!

Hey Denis - didnt know you were from Belfast! Me too! Good to see someone else here from "Our Wee Country"!!
07-11-02 07:14 AM
denis wilson Bout ye gazza,it was the goats head soup tour 73,saw them again 76 same venue(now named the apollo}.Its hard to beleive the stones played in small venues in those days and you could get a ticket no promblem,ok you did have to queue all night.it would be great if they could fit in belfast on the euro tour-we could meet up and have some good crack!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road