ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Press Conference to introduce Mick Taylor as the new Rolling Stone
Hyde Park, London June 13, 1969

Photo by Peter Stone
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tom Petty Return to archive
07-07-02 12:36 AM
Mickjagger1963 I know this is a ROLLING STONES board, but I just say TOM and the HEartbreakers at SARATOGA SPRINGS PAC last night, unbelieveable concert, got blazed at it, drunk before and after it....great warmup for the STONES!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEPT. 28th GIANTS STADIUM>>....SEE YO UTEHRE
07-07-02 01:08 AM
Mr T wow dude - I JUST GOT BACK from seeing them at PNC Bank Arts Center. (I'm seeing them at Giants Stadium too)They DID do a good job. I was pissed cuz I missed Setzer opening the show cuz of bad traffic. But Petty was a fun show
07-07-02 08:10 AM
nanky Love TP -- I was drooling for the SPAC show but couldn't make it. The old hometown concert venue! Glad to hear it was a good one!
07-07-02 09:50 AM
Torn & Frayed
quote:
Mr T wrote:
I was pissed cuz I missed Setzer opening the show cuz of bad traffic.

If you blinked you missed him. They did 20 minutes and split.
Apparently Setzer wasn't happy playing to a sea of empty seats and had himself a bit of a hissy fit.

07-07-02 10:23 AM
Mr T really?

probably because the parkway was jammed up - NOBODY got there til after he went on. I was really pissed about that. I could do without his orchestra, but his trio has gotta be great, from what I've heard his bassist is excellent too. Still, a lot of people were just hanging out in the parking lot - beyond me why you wouldn't at least give the band a try to get more for what you've payed for. Some bands I never had any intention of ever seeing I saw opening up & became one of my new favorites the minute they hit the stage. I can't blame him for being frustrated I guess, that would suck - but then that's what you get when you don't play any of your hits(or singles at least) from the last 10 years
[Edited by Mr T]
07-07-02 11:49 AM
Mickjagger1963 Hey Nanky--Your from saratoga??? I'm from Troy myself

Btw---I missed some of Setzers too, traffic sucked, he played for a good 45- 55 for SPAC tho....they were great
07-07-02 02:51 PM
nanky Born and raised by mah momma and mah daddy just outside Schenectady in a little pimple of a town called Quaker Street (I'm not making this up). But had family in Saratoga and SPAC and the August Ponies were the playground for my misspent youth. Lawn seats at SPAC were the best deal when in prime brain-cell destruction mode!
07-08-02 01:11 AM
Dear Doctor I was at the show also and it was really good. First time at
SPAC , it is a nice place to see the show. Unfortunately I got there late and bought lawn seats. It was a pretty wild and surprisingly young crowd on the lawn. I got to the floor towards the end. His voice was good. Mike Campell was great as expected. It was mainly a hits show.
I did like him better at Irving Plaza a few years ago. He played "Heart of Stone" and I think "Round and Around".that was a great show.
07-08-02 11:52 AM
Martha Caught Tom and the Heartbreakers in Cuyahoga Falls for the second show of the tour..had pretty good seats in the pavilion at Blossom...good Tx are hard to get for this band. Show was incredible..I LOVE Mike Campbell's guitar and watched him and Tom playing off each other all night. Think the next CD will be very good after hearing the three songs off it.

Brian Setzer and the other two band members ROCKED. They were tight and well oiled...sorry you all missed it due to traffic madness. The bass player and drummer rocked. Brian as in good form and they probably played around 45 minutes.

I'm getting more and more psyched for the Stones shows in Ohio!! Aren't any of you hard core fans coming to my neck of the woods?

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road