ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Press Conference to introduce Mick Taylor as the new Rolling Stone
Hyde Park, London June 13, 1969

Photo by Peter Stone
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN MACLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian Jones Return to archive Page: 1 2
07-02-02 06:39 PM
rubytuesday a day early....

07-03-02 12:38 AM
gypsy I do not pity Brian one bit. Did he even care about the five or six children he fathered? What about the women he battered? Even his so-called "mates" have nothing good to say about him, except that he was a wonderful musician.
07-03-02 01:03 AM
Martha His reputation preceded him I agree and he so often looked miserable and at deaths door in so many of the photographs I've seen of him. Perhaps he hated himself and acted that out by the way he mistreated his children and his female relationships. He is one of many in terms of angry abusive perpetrators I'm afraid.
07-03-02 09:19 AM
Taras ah, people, what you're talking about???
Brian Lewis Hopkins Jones was a musician,
a very talented person, so as Alex Corner
once said that a real blues man cannot to
have the family, wife or children, he can't
be a family man. So, Brian Jones was real
blue blues man - but to be blues man "a rolling
stone" is just a fate...Brian was. He had
hard life, had no interest in life - that is
very very bad thing to be uninterested in
a life... So, who do you are to judge him??
Jesus God himself??? He led his life the way
wanted it to be led - can anyone of you to tell
the same about your lives???
OK, it too far...
Just don't judge him too harshly - that was
the only thing he asked you to do!

Respectfully,
Taras Stanislaus
07-03-02 11:36 AM
Martha I am only suggesting that he may have had a negative take on himself, which is the profile of abusive men and women in a general sense.

In no way was I commenting on his incredible talent as a musician. That also precedes him.

I am not standing in judgement I am commenting on known facts. I'm also sorry he didn't find a way to embrace life.

May he rest in peace.
07-03-02 12:17 PM
letitloose God Bless Brian Jones RIP...........

07-03-02 02:27 PM
Miss U. Brian DID embrace life. He certainly didn't drown himself. He was murdered.

Too bad people only see a facade & believe so many myths about him, without even taking the time to find out more. Very sad indeed. There really is a need for my website, I see...to get the truth out there about this beautiful, sensitive, complex, talented man.

Ahh, well, those of who did take the time know Brian was a very beautiful person inside & out, much more than some people here who criticize him & judge him falsely. Have mercy on them, they know not of what they speak. Brian was more than a couple of facts.
And we know Brian had many friends who loved him and have spoken out about his good qualities...among them the equally notorious Anita Pallenberg. Also Marianne Faithfull, Pat Andrews, who are all members of the Brian Jones Fan Club today.
07-03-02 02:28 PM
Miss U. Thx for posting that Ruby Tuesday, Taras.
07-03-02 04:37 PM
Honky Tonk Man Im with Miss U, If it wasnt for Brian, Mick would be an accountant and Keith on the doll.

He put them there, woman beather or not

Alex
07-03-02 11:03 PM
BILL PERKS BRIAN DID MUCH TO HELP THEM GET WHERE THEY ARE EVEN NOW,BUT PERSONALLY,HE HAS NOT BEEN "MISJUDGED".HE WAS A PARANOID,ABUSIVE,NEGLECTIVE PERSON AND A HINDRANCE TO THE BAND IN THE END.FOR WHATEVER REASONS,THAT IS HOW HE LIVED,AND HOW HE WILL BE REMEMBERD,IN ADDITION TO HIS GREAT CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE RECORDS.
07-04-02 03:48 PM
Miss U. IF THAT'S HOW YOU CHOOSE TO REMEMBER HIM BILL PERKS, GO AHEAD. I JUST FEEL SORRY YOU JUDGE HIM SO SHALLOWLY. SPEAK FOR YOURSELF ONLY.
HE IS STILL LOVED BY MANY, INCLUDING BILL WYMAN AND HIS FORMER GIRLFRIENDS.

If nothing else, I would think people would show at least some gratitude & respect for him as sole founder of this great band we all love today. It was, after all, the day he died yesterday! A bit of class would be nice here.

Anita was an abusive cheating whore who deserved what she got. That's how SHE is remembered.

07-04-02 06:47 PM
Mother baby Priorities?????
Obsessing about the Rolling Stones on the internet every day.........SHIT..maybe we all need help.
07-04-02 06:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot Fuck that MB....I don't want any help. I like being this way...
07-04-02 08:53 PM
Mother baby Of Course........."and I like it".....Yup!
07-04-02 09:07 PM
Mother baby No one really needs help I guess. Dammit, even though on Principal I'm utterly opposed to the mindless hero worship of rock stars....in the case of the Rolling Stones I am willing to make an exception...but the ONLY one.
07-04-02 09:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot I agree completely MB.

Only the Stones.
07-05-02 02:02 AM
Cant Catch Me Miss U., let's analyze your following statement.

HE [Brian] IS STILL LOVED BY MANY, INCLUDING BILL WYMAN AND HIS FORMER GIRLFRIENDS.

If you're talking about Bill "Stone Alone" Wyman, formerly of the Rolling Stones, and HIS girlfriends, then you are truly talking about a cast of thousands!!! Hell, just Bill's wives make a small crowd.

But, on Brian, I think he must have been unhappy and unfortunately forced others to share his suffering. That's a poor choice in life, and an important one to get wrong, since we can choose how to respond even if everything else is out of our control.

And, truly Miss U., I'm not trying to pick on you, but you simply must get a better pic of Brian to use with your posts, if you want to improve how people perceive him, that is. The one you've got is him at the bottom, a walking corpse. From one quick look, you get the idea immediately that he's past hope. Just wasted, puffy, unhappy, disconnected from life itself.

07-05-02 08:26 PM
Miss U. Well I figure that's subjective. I love the pic & that's what counts...I'm not trying to please others.
To me he looks beautiful, absolutely. If he was unhappy it's because of how he was treated in the Stones.
Ironically, Keith was far more in the stratosphere than Brian was that day; Brian was actually concerned about Keith.

I was referring to Brian's own girlfriends, not Bill's.

As for Brian's abilities as a father; he was very young when he died, and was hoping to settle down & have a relationship with his kids. It's hard when you're on the road & your manager forbids you to marry the mother of your child. Keith has also neglected his kids; even Charlie. It's the price you pay for giving all of us the great music.

I must say that the choice by a few people on here to launch a verbal missile attack on Brian Jones on the very day he died is in EXTREMELY poor taste! It's the equivalent of Bin Laden launching a terrorist attack on July 4th. Shameful.

07-05-02 11:57 PM
BILL PERKS MISS U-NOT TO PILE ON BUT NEGLECTING YOUR KIDS(NOT BEING AROUND ALL THE TIME)IS A HELL OF A LOT DIFFERENT THEN NEVER KNOWING THEM AT ALL.BRIAN WAS A BASTARD,NO ONE PUT IT BETTER THAN STU,WHO SAW IT ALL SOBERLY,AND PUT UP WITH HIS NONSENSE FOR YEARS.AS FOR BILL LOVING HIM,HE LOVED GETTING BRIAN'S CHICKS FRIENDS WHEN THEY WENT OUT TO SCORE TOGETHER.A GREAT GUITARIST,MUSICIAN,BUT LEAVE IT THERE.
07-06-02 12:03 AM
Child of the Moon Fuck it. I still lobe Brian, asshole or not. He's the man who got me interested in the group, solely because he looked like an old friend of mine. I thought it was cool, so I wanted to know more.

That, and "Ruby Tuesday," which Brian had a hand in writing. If a man can even BEGIN to co-write that song, I have the utmost respect for him.

Rock n roll.
07-06-02 12:05 AM
Child of the Moon Did I say "lobe"? I meant "love." But it can be either one, maybe.

I dunno. I'm tired as hell, and my girlfriend's ditched me for the night. I have no life.

Gonna listen to Neil Young.
07-08-02 04:02 PM
Miss U. You're obviously uninformed Bill Perks. For the sake of others who may believe your crap:

Out of Brian's 5 children, 3 of them were adopted so obviously he never knew those.
Of the 3 adopted, one he never even knew about, and another one he was forbidden from seeing or from marrying the mother. He also got kicked out of school & home for that one. The third one, Andrew Oldham made the mother sign a contract that she wouldn't ask for any money from Brian.

The other 2 children, Brian did spend time with. They were both very young when Brian was murdered. He could have been a better father but he was on the road all the time and that's not where his mind was at, it was on the great music he gave us.
Like Keith said, "If Brian had been a different kind of person he wouldn't have accomplished the things he did."
07-08-02 04:11 PM
The Eggman Iam sorry MIss U. but if ur saying its bad taste to post about BJ's murdering day (30 f-ing years ago) so excuse me for getting mad some ppl on this board joking only hours after John Enwhistle dies , about Roger Daltrey dying the just the same with money in his hand, In perspective, IT AINT SO FUNNY NOW!

As for Brian as a musician, FINE GREAT, he was a Stone, granted that

But as for women abuse IAM NOT A FAN FOR THAT, and fathering 5 or 6 children, that not really cool, esspecially when he couldn't support them with his increasing drug habit
07-08-02 04:34 PM
Miss U. I'm not a "fan" of abuse either!!
Anita was also abusive to him.

Brian doesn't win a "husband of the year award" or "father of the year"...fuck, who the hell cares?? He brought us some fantastic music!!
It takes 2 to tango, so maybe those women were too young to be having babies too, huh? Maybe they were responsible for the kids too. Brian was very young & still had growing up to do.
The important thing is before he died he wanted to settle down & re-establish a bond with his kids. Contrary to myth, he was also off drugs for the most part, and drugs were not the cause of his death. You can read about the autopsy on my message board here:

http://pub59.ezboard.com/fsingthisalltogetherfrm3
07-08-02 10:08 PM
BILL PERKS MISS U-I CANNOT THINK OF MORE OF AN ARSE AS A PERSON THEN BRIAN.NOT ONE PERSON ON THIS BOARD HAS EVER SLIGHTED HIS MUSICAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND GIFTS TO OUR MUSIC.HE WAS MAGIC,A STAR FOR HIS TIME,AND BELOVED BY ME.THAT IS WHERE IT ENDS.THE ROLLING STONES SPENT NOT ONE SECOND ON THE ROAD FROM SUMMER 1967 UNTIL HIS DEATH IN JULY 1969.WHAT HE WANTED TO DO WITH THE REST OF HIS LIFE IS SPECULATION.LET IT GO,FOR AS KEITH ONCE SAID"I QUITE DIG THAT SOLO"FROM I WANNA BE YOUR MAN.I DO TOO!
07-09-02 01:00 AM
KeepRigid We all love Brian, but I don't see going to his grave every year. People, we ain't talking about the King of Rock n Roll here!!!!! LOL!
07-09-02 01:08 AM
gypsy Looks like Puff Daddy visited Brian's grave, and left his homey a bottle of Cristal.
07-09-02 02:43 AM
Stonesthrow Mr. Perks-- You must be quite the stud muffin. You never fail to turn on your caps lock.
07-09-02 04:46 AM
FotiniD It's obvious that Brian had tons of problems in his life. Drugs, psychological problems, the works - but I don't think he should be judged so "easily". Ok, the first thing that comes to mind is of a rather in-his-own-world person with BIG personal relationship problems, but I don't think he was just born like this. I'm not sure of the attention he got from his family, but either way, it doesn't make any sense trying to figure all that out now.

He died. I'm quite convinced it was murder too. Nobody knows how things would have evolved, had he been alive. Would he quit drugs and become more stable? Would he get worse and die of an overdose? Would he still be with the Stones, if he had survived? It's hard to tell.

He was not perfect, but none is. He gave us some great music, gave to his band this wonderful, exotic musical element the late sixties lp's have and I miss the creativity he would put to use, had he been alive. Either way, RIP Brian Jones. "Still I'm gonna miss you".
07-09-02 05:41 AM
Mathijs All though I give Brian Jones credit for starting it all �being one of the first slide players in Britain, being one of the first guys to really understand the blues- I have always felt he distracted the Stones of what they were best at: writing and performing these incredible country and blues-based R&R tunes. After Aftermath, Brian got so much involved in anything but the guitar that records like Buttons and Satanic are loaded with exotic instruments driven complicity, something that the Stones aren�t good at. In my opinion, ground breaking records like Beggars, Let it Bleed and Sticky Fingers could never have been made by the Stones if Brian still was a force at that time. The Stones went back to simplicity again. As what I understand from the many remarks made by the Stones over the time, Brian must have been a truly horrible person to deal with. I remember Keith saying in a 1997 Guitar Magazine article: �Brian was a total ass-hole, he was a person you simply couldn�t like. He was a sick man with a sick brain�.

On http://www.mlink.net/~ian/brian.html there�s some more:

The thing about Brian is that he was an extremely difficult person. You don't really feel like talking bad about someone that's had such a miserable time. But he did give everyone else an extremely miserable ride. Anyway, there was something very, very disturbed about him. He was very unhappy with life, very frustrated. He was very talented, but he was a very paranoid personality and not at all suited to be in show business (laughs).
Mick Jagger, 1995

To be honest, Brian had no talent for writing songs. None. I've never known a guy with less talent for song writing.
Mick Jagger, 1995

Brian was one huge gaping cry baby all the time: help me, talk to me, love me. Then people would try to do that, and he'd change. It was very rough. He was 6 years old all the time.
Jo Bergman, Stones' personal assistant (1967-73)

Mathijs
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road