ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Fuck you Voodoo, will ya? Missing my birtdhay again???
Happy belated birthday Stu!
© Michael Putland
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Bastille Day Return to archive
July 14th, 2005 03:53 AM
glencar Even though the French gov't bugs the hell out of me, I actually DO like most of your country. Please, enjoy your holiday.
July 14th, 2005 06:29 AM
keith_tif I sang "THE MARSEILLAISE" today!

Allons enfants de la Patrie, le jour de glaoire est arrivé...!

It's a joke!
July 14th, 2005 06:41 AM
Zack What's a joke? How you spelled "gloire"?

The song was written in 1972 as the French army sought to repel invasions by the Prussians and Austrians to take advantage of a French state weakened by the political turmoil of the Revolution. The ideals they were fighting for by the great philosophers Diderot, Rousseau, and Montesquieu were copped verbatim by Thomas Jefferson for the Declaration of Independence, and still form the basis of the American concept of liberty to this day. If you read the lyrics in whatever language you know, they're intense and bloody, not very funny at all.
July 14th, 2005 06:44 AM
Zack Jesus H. Christ. 1792, not 1972.

Happy Bastille Day to MW, Caro, Ju, and all our other French friends.
July 14th, 2005 12:35 PM
glencar
quote:
Zack wrote:
What's a joke? How you spelled "gloire"?

The song was written in 1972 as the French army sought to repel invasions by the Prussians and Austrians to take advantage of a French state weakened by the political turmoil of the Revolution. The ideals they were fighting for by the great philosophers Diderot, Rousseau, and Montesquieu were copped verbatim by Thomas Jefferson for the Declaration of Independence, and still form the basis of the American concept of liberty to this day. If you read the lyrics in whatever language you know, they're intense and bloody, not very funny at all.

TJ copped a lot of ideals. It'd be nice if the whole wide world kept copping those ideals.
July 14th, 2005 03:11 PM
J.J.Flash Enjoy your holiday folks! I really dig all of you from French.
A country full of true Stones' fans, since the beggining of their brilliant career. And Julian, take care you MoFo............ you da man!
July 14th, 2005 11:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ¡ Feliz día de la Bastilla !

Congratulations to all the frenchies here!

Here in Mexico we learn to sing"La Marsellesa" in Spanish in elemntary school. It's great, we also have a very nice French community

"Vayamos hijos de la paaaaaaaaaaaaaatria
que el día glorioooooooso
ya llegó"

Not sure if that's a translation or just something to rhyme but it's the way we sing it

Now some from the vaults

King Charles XXVI of Limoges with the Queen and the Young Princess
Sir Mick Jagger of Kent 50th Birthday Party - London July 26, 1993
Richard Young

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)