ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Fuck you Voodoo, will ya? Missing my birtdhay again???
Happy belated birthday Stu!
© Michael Putland
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: rehearsals set Return to archive
July 13th, 2005 03:55 PM
voodoopug Look for rehearsals to start tomorrow.
July 13th, 2005 04:03 PM
Mr Jimmy Thanks !

I went back to Greenwood today to see what was up. Yesterday, the rear laneway was roped off with some of that yellow plastic caution tape... today it was replaced with several metal barricades... a definite sign that things are about to change. I'll drop by tomorrow and hopefully snap a photo and post it.

Any advice on an approximate start time?
July 13th, 2005 04:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:
Thanks !

I went back to Greenwood today to see what was up. Yesterday, the rear laneway was roped off with some of that yellow plastic caution tape... today it was replaced with several metal barricades... a definite sign that things are about to change. I'll drop by tomorrow and hopefully snap a photo and post it.

Any advice on an approximate start time?

usually late afternoon if similar to Licks Tour, perhaps someone can refresh my memory?
July 13th, 2005 04:10 PM
Mr Jimmy Generally "late afternoon" yes. I've had luck with that in the past. I guess I'll have to put in a few hours waiting time for a few days to see if they start to form & stick to some kind of schedule. Just let me know if you here any detailed info re times. You be the ears... I be the eyes!

July 13th, 2005 04:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:
Generally "late afternoon" yes. I've had luck with that in the past. I guess I'll have to put in a few hours waiting time for a few days to see if they start to form & stick to some kind of schedule. Just let me know if you here any detailed info re times. You be the ears... I be the eyes!

I will post for you as soon as I hear anything! Wont be talking to my source for a while, but some guys on Shidoobee might know!
July 13th, 2005 04:18 PM
FPM C10 That would be fun, keeping the Stones rehearsals under surveillance...part of me would feel like a geek, but I would do it anyway.

Remember last tour they let some kid inside to listen to "Love Train"?

Can't wait for the leaks to begin!
July 13th, 2005 04:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
That would be fun, keeping the Stones rehearsals under surveillance...part of me would feel like a geek, but I would do it anyway.

Remember last tour they let some kid inside to listen to "Love Train"?

Can't wait for the leaks to begin!

each night was kept under surveillance by Shidoobee's "Toronto Tom" and reported on dougs site each morning.....it was great to read his reports each day.
July 13th, 2005 04:22 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:
Generally "late afternoon" yes. I've had luck with that in the past. I guess I'll have to put in a few hours waiting time for a few days to see if they start to form & stick to some kind of schedule. Just let me know if you here any detailed info re times. You be the ears... I be the eyes!

OUr reporter from Shidoobee (MainStreetExile) is posting that rehearsals were on Licks were M-F starting at 4-5 PM and varied in length
July 13th, 2005 04:29 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
That would be fun, keeping the Stones rehearsals under surveillance...part of me would feel like a geek, but I would do it anyway.

Geek Factor = low

I've hung about for the rehearsals before (not everyday!!!) but I still get a kick outta seeing them arrive. At the Masonic Temple they would often get stuck in traffic only 30 feet from the entrance, and people in other cars had no idea that they were in a mini traffic jam with Keith Richards. No... the windows were not heavily tinted.
July 13th, 2005 04:45 PM
Dutch Michael D. it's great to read this kind of news, finaly there is something going to happen in Toronto !!! i can't wait for the press articles and the news about the stones, and i realy can't wait for the NEW Album !!! please let us know if someting is happening out there in TO.
July 13th, 2005 04:50 PM
voodoopug I was happy to break this story on RO.....YESSIR!
July 13th, 2005 05:02 PM
Mikey Hey Pug,

I have a Boston Terrier. They're pug-like.

July 13th, 2005 05:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Mikey wrote:
Hey Pug,

fine dogs they are! some friends of ours have a couple and they get along great with my pugs!

July 13th, 2005 05:10 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Mikey wrote:
Hey Pug,

those are getting very popular. two families on our street just got one each...

they have great lookin' ears!!!
July 13th, 2005 06:00 PM
JaggerLips Anyone else think that this place is getting like a kennel?
July 13th, 2005 06:12 PM
ListenToTheLion Yes... and we all know Mick hates dogs!
July 13th, 2005 07:52 PM
Soldatti
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
Yes... and we all know Mick hates dogs!

You will make voodoopug very sad.
July 13th, 2005 09:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

You will make voodoopug very sad.

If this keeps up I may need to hire some security gaurds to watch all those who have been added to the list of people stuck outside looking in while i shake hands and work the room.
July 14th, 2005 08:51 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
Yes... and we all know Mick hates dogs!

I thought Mick hated dogs too..But then I saw L'Wren Scott or whoever she is and....well maybe he's acquired a taste for them.....
July 14th, 2005 02:49 PM
Bruno Stone Lwren doesn't look like a dog.
July 14th, 2005 04:59 PM
maumau it's understood that this is not the thread to check for a quick update on the reharsals
July 14th, 2005 05:26 PM
glencar Mick hates dogs? So do I!
July 14th, 2005 09:52 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
Lwren doesn't look like a dog.

You're right, she look like a cat.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)