ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Fuck you Voodoo, will ya? Missing my birtdhay again???
Happy belated birthday Stu!
© Michael Putland
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2005 Tour Instant Live Return to archive
July 13th, 2005 01:15 PM
celtic stone Is it true,that the stones are planing to copy 2005 shows Instant Live, like the Black Crowes did recently and what shows are been recorded.
July 13th, 2005 01:18 PM
texile what's that? sounds suspicious.....
July 13th, 2005 02:02 PM
gimmekeef There was a thread about this sometime ago.The technology is there but no news as to whether the Stones will do it.I'm not banking on it as they're so much into over dubs that they'd never let a show just go direct to cd.Of course they could have all the songs pre-edited from earlier shows and put in some bs like..'Welcome Columbus" to fool us....They wouldnt try that would they?
July 13th, 2005 02:05 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
There was a thread about this sometime ago.The technology is there but no news as to whether the Stones will do it.I'm not banking on it as they're so much into over dubs that they'd never let a show just go direct to cd.Of course they could have all the songs pre-edited from earlier shows and put in some bs like..'Welcome Columbus" to fool us....They wouldnt try that would they?

They would get caught cheating real fast.
July 13th, 2005 03:24 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
celtic stone wrote:
Is it true,that the stones are planing to copy 2005 shows Instant Live, like the Black Crowes did recently and what shows are been recorded.

It would be great if the Stones were planning on doing that, but as of now Instant Live - www.instantlive.com - has no information on that.

One would think that if they had scored such a coup that they'd be quite eager to trumpet it.

But I do hope that there are plans afoot to make all shows available for download or purchase.
July 13th, 2005 03:26 PM
FPM C10 If they made it available to everyone FREE as part of the exorbitant ticket price, it would be even better.

It'll never happen.
July 13th, 2005 03:39 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
If they made it available to everyone FREE as part of the exorbitant ticket price, it would be even better.

It'll never happen.

I agree that the free part will never happen, but maybe it is time they rethink the rote edited and overdubbed live release that follows every tour.

Surely the cumulative sales from the release of every show would at least match those of No Security or Live Licks.
Skip the fancy packaging, and just give us the meat and potatoes.
July 13th, 2005 03:42 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

I agree that the free part will never happen, but maybe it is time they rethink the rote edited and overdubbed live release that follows every tour.

Surely the cumulative sales from the release of every show would at least match those of No Security or Live Licks.
Skip the fancy packaging, and just give us the meat and potatoes.

I always wished they would make a video of the stuff they show on the big video screen available after each show, too. I'd love to have a copy of the intro film from the NS tour.
July 13th, 2005 03:45 PM
mac_daddy i thought with all the mics i saw onstage last tour, that they were going to do it last year...

and i also know that they have spoken with the pearl jamm people about how to do it...

i still doubt it will happen - but maybe they will give us a box set of three or four complete gigs, in hi rez audio (preferrably sacd), rather than the dvd-video thing again...

July 13th, 2005 10:38 PM
corgi37 Someone on this board, some one very special and lovely, gave me a 2 disc WHO IN BIRMINGHAM from last year.

Easily, the most awesome live cd i have ever heard. Just perfect recording. I hope the STones do this too.

I think Pearl Jam started all this off. Its a great idea. But, might be too "modern" for the Stones. Or, it would be "too sensible" for them to adopt.
July 13th, 2005 11:00 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
If they made it available to everyone FREE as part of the exorbitant ticket price, it would be even better.

It'll never happen.

they could do it for fanclub members. I doubt they would but they could. I'd rather get a copy of the show I went to than this mystery DVD
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)