ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Fuck you Voodoo, will ya? Missing my birtdhay again???
Happy belated birthday Stu!
© Michael Putland
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: When I Wish Upon a Stones Album Return to archive
July 13th, 2005 06:01 AM
Poplar What I HOPE we'll get on (__insert release date here__).

I just hope it sounds "real." While the sound of Voodoo was cool, it was manufactured. I want an album that sounds like Black & Blue. Just a handful of tracks, offered up by some guys in the studi, arranged to make a cool 45 minutes of listening experience. I don't want modern style, or throwback overtones ... just a few good songs. All the production involved in babylon, and that awful 80's style of Steel Wheels; we gotta get past that. It's gotta sound like guys making a rock 'n roll album. They need a touch of Velvet Underground. Some bad notes ... some reverb in the recording space ... some people chatting in the background ... some tracks that end with ambient noise.

No matter what you say about Don't Stop, (and there's plenty of song-crafting criticism to be made there) Keith's guitar track is SICK!! Charlie is tight. Mick can still do it right with a decent tune. Isn't there a producer somewhere who can turn this into something better than what we've seen since Tattoo You? Christ almighty! To think tha Stripped is slowly emerging as the dark horse "great" stones release of latter years - simply for the simplicity of it. a shame.

OK - sorry - i got off track there. Back on point: I think the guys have it in them. I just hope they, or whoever's helping this time, can bring it together for something respecatble. I kinda get the feeling we're going to get a step in that direction, but not all the way there.
[Edited by Poplar]
July 13th, 2005 07:24 AM
Steel Wheels Bravo. I feel as though Oh No! Not You Again is a real tasty track and there's bound to be better songs on the album.
July 13th, 2005 08:25 AM
T&A wish i could share your enthusiasm...but I can't. I maintain the glimmers lost their mojo as song-writers long about 1977 (after the Some Girls sessions). if the songs themselvels aren't any good, there's nothing than save the album....
July 13th, 2005 08:57 AM
gimmekeef We'll know on Sept 6th!...Course there will be 5000 different opinions from wow "What a classic!"....to..."This is crap"...lol
July 13th, 2005 09:15 AM
maumau poplar, i subscribe your petition!
July 13th, 2005 12:58 PM
texile t&a - you're tough....
but i agree exactly, although i was still holding out until undercover.
July 13th, 2005 01:55 PM
gotdablouse Good stuff !

But yes I tink the point is that other than a couple of tracks here and there (SOM, AOM on B2B, a few VL outtakes, BTS on SW, etc...) the songs just haven't been there since 1977 and it's certainly not ONNYA's atrociously stupid lyrics that give much hope, same goes for the leaked song titles (maybe except. It seems they've run out of things to say and nothing's gonna bring that back. I'm not necessarily referring to political statements but stuff with some allure like say "Dead Flowers", "Sway", etc...these days Mick just writes about his d*ck really, it's getting a bit...long ;-) Still if the songs aren't there, give us some RAW music and playing !

As for producers, best guy who's come near any of them since...er Jimmy Miller would have to be Rick Rubin, no ?
July 13th, 2005 02:06 PM
jb
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Good stuff !

But yes I tink the point is that other than a couple of tracks here and there (SOM, AOM on B2B, a few VL outtakes, BTS on SW, etc...) the songs just haven't been there since 1977 and it's certainly not ONNYA's atrociously stupid lyrics that give much hope, same goes for the leaked song titles (maybe except. It seems they've run out of things to say and nothing's gonna bring that back. I'm not necessarily referring to political statements but stuff with some allure like say "Dead Flowers", "Sway", etc...these days Mick just writes about his d*ck really, it's getting a bit...long ;-) Still if the songs aren't there, give us some RAW music and playing !

As for producers, best guy who's come near any of them since...er Jimmy Miller would have to be Rick Rubin, no ?

Do we need this crap?
July 13th, 2005 02:20 PM
texile rick rubin indeed..
July 13th, 2005 02:46 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Do we need this crap?

Isn't Rick a Jew?
July 13th, 2005 05:49 PM
JaggerLips Bit of useless info.....

6TH SEPTEMBER 2003 WAS WHEN I LOST MY STONES VIRGINITY!

July 13th, 2005 07:51 PM
Soldatti Give a real rock album ala Voodoo Lounge, I will be happy for another 8 years with that.
July 13th, 2005 07:52 PM
Some Guy gimme some cow bell!
July 13th, 2005 09:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Give a real rock album ala Voodoo Lounge, I will be happy for another 8 years with that.

In my mind Voodoo Lounge can be bunched in with the top five albums.....i agree soldatti!
July 13th, 2005 10:31 PM
corgi37 I just want it to be good. 1-2 dud tracks, no problem. But i want a real rocking thing. The less side men the better. Just the 4(5) of them, and thats it.

At least on most tracks. Why they need 10 people on a simple 4 minute rocker is beyond my comprehension.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)