ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Fuck you Voodoo, will ya? Missing my birtdhay again???
Happy belated birthday Stu!
© Michael Putland
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jethro Tull Review (nsc) Return to archive
July 12th, 2005 05:20 AM
UGot2Rollme I saw a pretty shitty show from Tull this past Sunday in Basel. Actually, it was Ian Anderson that was in a snit, the rest of the band was quite solid. After the 3rd number, Ian was distracted by someone in the audience - he asked them what they were on, and then said "whatever it is, I don't want any." Then proceeded with a slow song on acoustic - about 30 seconds in he stopped and said "I can't do this, that's one less that you'll all get tonight" and then called for the next tune. I was standing not far from the stage, and couldn't tell what he was distracted about. A few songs later, he asked people not to whistle, with no explanation. Then later on he demanded that the audience not whistle because it hurts his ears, telling those who understood him to tell their neighbor if they didn't understand english.

The whole night he was complaining about the monitors, either to turn them up or down, at one point shouting to the mixing board man to reduce the house volume. They played one encore and left stage after 1.5 hours, with no Aqualung.

I've heard that Anderson sometimes gets his panties in a rag, (in fact a few years back in Atlanta, I read that he complained that people were eating during the show, and someone through a hunk of brie cheese at him, but it was something else to watch.

His voice hasn't aged well at all, but still plays a wonderful flute. I've seen them 4 times in past 8 years or so, and probably won't bother again.
July 12th, 2005 07:53 PM
Mottrush
I saw Tull in Melbourne back in May and was very impressed. Anderson's voice certainly has lost a lot in recent years but the man is still a great performer and a brilliant musician! No tantrums the night I saw them. Played a solid 2 hours and a great version of Aqualung!

I know Anderson has a reputation of being a perfectionist and a moody old bastard, its no wonder the band has had so mny lineup changes over the years. This current version must have lasted a lot longer than previous incarnations!

Thick As A Brick still one of my all time favourite(non- Stones) albums!!

Cheers,

Mottrush

July 12th, 2005 10:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The very first time they played here in the early 90s the first show was great as the second, in both he took a bottle of an alcoholic drink and mixed with the public but in the second show when he got back to the stage he made a nasty comment

Last year he played here, again two shows and I made a humble space with pix and MP3s of the show

http://rocksoff.org/jethrotull-mexico2004.htm

The setlist for the second show was very different to the first, as he played for a smaller audience, both show were great

I was on the first row and asked Ian about David Palmer LOL (now a woman)

July 13th, 2005 12:47 AM
time is on my side Thanks for the pictures and music. I've always enjoyed Tull. First saw them back in 1972 when they were putting on some incredible, breathtaking live shows. Ian Anderson looked quite a bit different back in those days. In recent years, I've caught both the Jethro Tull and Ian Anderson solo shows. The concerts I've seen have mostly been great though I have caught a few below average shows. When you get up there in years and play as many shows as Tull, it's going to be hit and miss. You just hope you catch them on a good night.

By the way, I believe I was at the show where the cheese was thrown on stage (I was not the one who threw it).

Would like to see Tull when they come to town this year but, wouldn't you know it, the same day they play a little known band called the Rolling Stones are playing across town. Guess where I'll be that night.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)