ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Fuck you Voodoo, will ya? Missing my birtdhay again???
Happy belated birthday Stu!
© Michael Putland
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones tattoos - who's got? Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 11th, 2005 04:39 PM
Saint Sway so who here has stones inpired ink?
July 11th, 2005 04:52 PM
texile i need ideas because the reason i DO NOT have one is what.......
a tongue? i want something more specific - i'd love to have that guy with the balls in his mouth, but........
some kind of reference only a true fan would know....
July 11th, 2005 04:53 PM
Phog I've got the classic tongue on my upper back.
July 11th, 2005 06:10 PM
Saint Sway yeah I here ya on the tongue not being original - but its classic.

theres been some really cool tongue designs over the yrs - I'm just not sure how well they'd come out though. Like the spikey Voodoo one or the green Japanese symbol one from the Licks tour.

I'd love to get the Wino logo... looks pretty intricate and detailed.
July 11th, 2005 06:31 PM
texile keith's wino logo......
that would be some major surgery....
you're right, the tongue is classic and simple, but its been neutered somewhat - still, that's what i'm leaning toward.
also. the tongue is post 69, and i always wanted something more all-encompassing.
life decisions should be well thought-out.
July 11th, 2005 06:33 PM
Gazza I was looking forward to getting a tongue one in time for the tour (as Ive intended to do for years) but they wanted $450 to put the official 'mark' on me, and also told me that if I wanted it anywhere where it could be seen I would have to pay a VIP package of about $2,000 for the privilege.

July 11th, 2005 06:39 PM
texile here in texas, you could go to some dive parlor and get one - they don't give a shit about trademark.....
or so i've always assumed - is the tradmark that much of an issue...?
because that cancels out the tongue for me.
July 11th, 2005 06:42 PM
Vinyl kills
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I was looking forward to getting a tongue one in time for the tour (as Ive intended to do for years) but they wanted $450 to put the official 'mark' on me, and also told me that if I wanted it anywhere where it could be seen I would have to pay a VIP package of about $2,000 for the privilege.

Wow, that's crazy. I had mine done for $160
July 11th, 2005 06:53 PM
masoudi I got the tongue on my chest about 10 years agio in Soho. I had wanted to do i for years and whilst in London got it done. Have loved it everyday since. I could never understand why people get them done on the shoulder or back as you cant see the thing. isnt that the point.

Anway I nearly fainted in the process so that was the end of my tattoo days. However my wife is expecting our first child so i may get the childs name tattood somewhere on my arm

Brendon from NZ
July 11th, 2005 06:56 PM
crb69 The last time I had my ink touched up I noticed a cool tattoo of a skull with a gangster hat on and Terminator shades hanging on the parlor wall...The first thing I thought of was this tattoo with a Stones' tongue on it. I was going to get it and call it (of course) Midnight Rambler, but I never did. I too agree to just get a tongue on your arm is kind of lame. The guy in that movie "Don't tell mom the babysitter's dead" had one and that made my mind up real quick. So I opted for black work of a bat-winged dragon flying with a black SG/Viper type guitar...nuff said.
July 11th, 2005 06:56 PM
Saint Sway I think some of you are missing Gazza's tongue-in-cheek analogy

thats Ok. Gazza's still the funniest mofo hear IMO
July 11th, 2005 07:09 PM
texile hey, we're slow in texas....
its the heat.
July 11th, 2005 08:22 PM
kath
quote:
VIP package of about $2,000 for the privilege.

those bastards!!!!

July 11th, 2005 08:52 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
texile wrote:

a tongue? i want something more specific - i'd love to have that guy with the balls in his mouth, but........
some kind of reference only a true fan would know....

not that i have one but if i did that's what i'd go for (three ball charlie aka paco gerte) - apparently mel belli (the poster - not the dead lawyer) has one of him

the tounge has been "devalued" of late (see recent fashion thread) - as you say a reference that only a dedicated fan would recognize - the '75 jet powered eagle would be ok but except for the addition of the jet engines it would look much like an "ordinary" type of tattoo

a real sign of fanaticism would be to get your face done a la mick and keith on TY
July 11th, 2005 09:48 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Has Michael Cohl looked into setting up tattoo booths on the upcoming tour? Just think - after spending $100 on the fan club and untold $$$ on tickets, instead of buying a $50 tour shirt, you could pay Michael $500 for a tattoo (maybe even inked by Jake Cohl)!
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
July 12th, 2005 12:04 AM
texile don't even breathe that suggestion - between cohl and our boys - its not entirely unbelievable...
the three-ball charlie guy has always been my first choice since i was a kid, but how? the guy's face is distorted enough so it could work...
as for mick and keith's faces, i don't think i could trust anybody's rendition on my ass.....face tatoos are iffy - some can look cheesy.
July 12th, 2005 02:52 AM
Jumacfly see above!!
July 12th, 2005 04:20 PM
JaggerLips Maybe I'd have one on my lower back and I mean low! Kinda sexy to have the Tongue and Lip thing there don't you think?
July 12th, 2005 04:21 PM
blackandblue Very sexy. Show some pics when it's done!
July 12th, 2005 04:40 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
Very sexy. Show some pics when it's done!

The operative word being 'Maybe' ;-)
July 12th, 2005 04:45 PM
blackandblue
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

The operative word being 'Maybe' ;-)

Don't back out! I'd love to see them! If your mother is not against it go ahead.
July 12th, 2005 04:54 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

Don't back out! I'd love to see them! If your mother is not against it go ahead.

You seem awful interested
I'm 22 my mother can't stop me anymore.
July 12th, 2005 04:56 PM
blackandblue LOL I see you later. I'll have to catch a train!
July 12th, 2005 08:31 PM
corgi37 This question? AGAIN??

Tongue - on hip - happy?
July 12th, 2005 09:19 PM
jb I have a small one on my inner thigh.
July 12th, 2005 09:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
Maybe I'd have one on my lower back and I mean low! Kinda sexy to have the Tongue and Lip thing there don't you think?

depends who's looking at it ;-)
July 12th, 2005 09:26 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
I have a small one on my inner thigh.

Josh this is an open door for a penis joke, but I'll refrain.
Tattoos are for deviants, losers and criminals.
I Have 9.
July 12th, 2005 09:41 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

Josh this is an open door for a penis joke, but I'll refrain.
Tattoos are for deviants, losers and criminals.
I Have 9.

ALS is terminal.
July 12th, 2005 09:44 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
ALS is terminal.

You'd think some people would learn to demonstrate a little compassion toward you, jb. I'm sickened by the way some people treat you on message boards. If they don't "get" you, they're idiots!
July 12th, 2005 09:47 PM
parmeda gypsy, wasn't that mighty white of jb to make that donation today to that children's hospital in LA?

He's a great guy!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)