ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Keithfucius say

oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!

Scanned from the cover of "Excellent and Unreleased"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best American city to see the Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
6th July 2004 02:45 PM
Monkeytonkman Seeings as it looks likely that the boys are gonna hit the road early next year, probably starting off in the states, I'm thinking of coming over from the UK to see one or two shows, have got the spondoolies to do many more before Europe.

Haven't been to see the stones in the states since Giants stadium on the Voodoo lounge tour.

Anyhoo, my point is, which is the best city to go to, mainly for the party crowd, gotta be better than the fans in the UK on the last tour, that kinda sucked i'm ashamed to say.

so what about it? where's the places that you would recommend a limey to go to really get his rocks off?
6th July 2004 02:46 PM
jb Amsterdam
6th July 2004 02:47 PM
erikjjf New York, Hartford, Bay Area...
6th July 2004 02:49 PM
Some Guy Atlanta, Georgia.
6th July 2004 02:49 PM
Monkeytonkman Seen the Stones in amsterdam and new York, looking for somewhere fresh man, preferably somewhere with a good couple of rock bars where a long haired tattoo'd dude can rock out for a few days before and after such a beautifully religious experience like a Stones gig. you dig.
6th July 2004 02:51 PM
jb Brisbane was great from what I heard-....Munich and Berlin are suppose to be fantastic as well....avoid Asia, Ohio, Florida, Los Angeles, and stick to the Northeast...
6th July 2004 02:53 PM
Joey

PCenter ; Denver , CO .

It is widely considered that the Rolling Stones Performance at the Pepsi Center Arena on 02/01/03 was the greatest Rock and Roll Concert EVER !

Word !

Jersey
6th July 2004 02:56 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

PCenter ; Denver , CO .

It is widely considered that the Rolling Stones Performance at the Pepsi Center Arena on 02/01/03 was the greatest Rock and Roll Concert EVER !

Word !

Jersey

The Denver show did recieve very good reviews...however, Denver is a very dangerous place to travel if you are african-american.(see Kobe Bryant case).
[Edited by jb]
6th July 2004 02:57 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
The Denver show did recieve very good reviews...however, Denver is a very dangerous place to travel if you are african-american.

6th July 2004 03:03 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

see edited version...developing...
P.S.-Edwards looks like the late John Ritter of "Three's Company" fame.
6th July 2004 03:05 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Toronto (it should be considered an unofficial American city). You get the Stones rehearsals here, the secret club gig, some great shows at the ACC and Skydome plus the world's largest ticketed one day concert.
6th July 2004 03:06 PM
Snappy McJack Fargo, North Dakota
6th July 2004 03:11 PM
jb Absolutely correct Joey...I like Edwards, but Hilary was the only way to ensure victory...Bush shall win in a landslide.
Back to the thread, Canada is o.k., but nothing like seeing the Stones in the great US of A!!! I would also recommend any venue in Boston or Chicago...
6th July 2004 03:11 PM
Lil Brian [quote]Joey wrote:

PCenter ; Denver , CO .

I couldn't agree more. Thanks Joey!

MonkeyTonkMan-Here's another vote for Colorado.

6th July 2004 03:12 PM
jb
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
[quote]Joey wrote:

PCenter ; Denver , CO .

I couldn't agree more. Thanks Joey!

MonkeyTonkMan-Here's another vote for Colorado.

Thank you Lil Brian!!!
6th July 2004 03:13 PM
Joey
Thanks So Much Lil Brian
6th July 2004 03:37 PM
Jumping Jack American cities with domes and international airports are a natural this time around. Some Guy has it exactly right, HOTLANTA!!! Y'all come.
6th July 2004 04:25 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
Toronto (it should be considered an unofficial American city).

Why and by whom?
6th July 2004 04:51 PM
M.O.W.A.T. No offence, but Toronto does have an American feel. Montreal on the other hand, is a very European feeling city. Anyway, I live in Canada and don't want this to turn into an America bashing thread 'cause I do like the States. I just wanted to state that T.O. is a great place to see the Stones, especially when they all gather there for rehearsals prior to the tour.
6th July 2004 04:52 PM
jb
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
No offence, but Toronto does have an American feel. Montreal on the other hand, is a very European feeling city. Anyway, I live in Canada and don't want this to turn into an America bashing thread 'cause I do like the States. I just wanted to state that T.O. is a great place to see the Stones, especially when they all gather there for rehearsals prior to the tour.

NInea abs shae monkey....
6th July 2004 05:03 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, I always thought Philly was a great Stones town. And it is.

But there is nothing quite like seeing the Stones play the Garden....or Roseland.

Gotta be New York.

I'm actually hoping that the Stones don't get to Europe till late 2005 or even 2006....I may be able to swing a road trip by then! I'd love to catch a gig in Ireland, or London...perhaps Amsterdam(I don't know if I could live through that one!).

Think we could get them to do a gig in Negril Jamaica?
6th July 2004 05:03 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
NInea abs shae monkey....

Have a great evening my Stonesian Brother .
6th July 2004 05:06 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
No offence, but Toronto does have an American feel. Montreal on the other hand, is a very European feeling city. Anyway, I live in Canada and don't want this to turn into an America bashing thread 'cause I do like the States. I just wanted to state that T.O. is a great place to see the Stones, especially when they all gather there for rehearsals prior to the tour.

I think Toronto has a Canadian feel!
6th July 2004 05:26 PM
Riffhard I would say NYC at The Garden. However,easily the greatest venue that I have ever seen them play is The Fox Theater in Atlanta,Ga. I know that it's Keith's favorite venue to play in the States as I've read at least two interviews where he has said as much. It also is the venue that he chose to start his first ever solo tour in '88 with the Winos. Yes I was at that show as well!

The Fox is like Roseland with a thousand times more class. Very plush overstuffed velvet chairs,very ornate men and women's lounges,beautiful overhead mural with twinkling stars and moving clouds,and the accoustics are far and away the best I have ever heard anywhere. In fact the Fox is renown as the best accoustics of any venue in the Southeast. Carnegie Hall in NYC might have it beat,but not by much.

The Fox rocks! Tickets for the Stones at the Fox in 1981 were going for a cool thousand apiece outside! That was 23 years ago! That should tell you all you need to know about the greatness of the Fox. I would pay twice that much to see that show again,but ONLY at the Fox.

Riffhard

6th July 2004 05:29 PM
Joey " The Fox rocks! Tickets for the Stones at the Fox in 1981 were going for a cool thousand apiece outside! That was 23 years ago! That should tell you all you need to know about the greatness of the Fox. I would pay twice that much to see that show again , but ONLY at the Fox. "

Riffy ....................you make Joey wanna go to " The Fox " !!!!!!!
6th July 2004 05:38 PM
Riffhard ....and Joey you make Riffy want to post another 9,294 posts!! God Bless you and Josh in your quest for the ever elusive 10,000 post milestone!

Riffhard
6th July 2004 06:05 PM
Joey
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
....and Joey you make Riffy want to post another 9,294 posts!! God Bless you and Josh in your quest for the ever elusive 10,000 post milestone!

Riffhard

Riffy ...............You are much loved by the Joey .
6th July 2004 06:54 PM
WildBillGrover
quote:
jb wrote:
The Denver show did recieve very good reviews...however, Denver is a very dangerous place to travel if you are african-american.(see Kobe Bryant case).
[Edited by jb]

Denver is a hell of a lot safer than Florida for a black person!

Chicago would be the best place in the US to see the Stones. Examples: Soldier Field, The United Center and the Double Door.
6th July 2004 08:00 PM
edithgrove Gotta be the Big Easy. We got a dome, an arena, theatres, and several clubs all within walking distance of the French Quarter. And the cuisine here in New Orleans is the best. The Stones were here last in '94. They spent nearly a week here (a scheduled break in the tour) and did a "60 Minutes" interview, Mick participated in a second-line parade (in the rain), and Keith & Charlie were seen in the clubs along Frenchman Street. A lot of the Stone's early stuff was written by New Orleans musicians that are still here today. Great place to pig out and hear all kinds of music.
6th July 2004 08:26 PM
glencar My vote is Philly. They seem to love the Stones there.
Page: 1 2 3