ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Keithfucius say

oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!

Scanned from the cover of "Excellent and Unreleased"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kerry picks Edwards as VP (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th July 2004 12:28 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

Come to think of it most people hate lawyers, loveable RO lawyers excepted.

jumping jack - that is most pepole's attitude - they say they hate lawyers - except for the ones they know personally

why do people "hate" them so much any way??

is it some kind of envy or what?? - sure some people may have had a bad experience with the law but that isn't always necessarily the lawyers fault - some people have simply hopeless cases which they refuse to give up on and then they blame the lawyer if things don't pan out in accordance with their expectations - as the saying goes "you can't polish a turd"
7th July 2004 06:06 AM
Jumping Jack People hate lawyers because they drive up the cost of health insurance and every other industry in our country costing us jobs and jeopordizing our prosperity.

Lawyers are more concerned with protecting the rights of murders and terrorists than protecting the victims and general public.

Fear of lawyers and lawsuits have driven the political correctness mania in our country.

Many lawyers are simply whores with no principles except to do anything for a buck. Why anyone would want to put a trial lawyer in a position to become President is beyond me, I don't care how pretty his smile is or how perfect his hair is. Sadly, politics is primarily about image not substance.

Moore's movie is a great example where so many contribute money to a fantasy and are too lazy, dimwitted, or dogmatic to read a few paragraphs that present the facts rather than propoganda.

You are correct, deep down many lawyers are OK. That is why they are required to be buried 12 feet deep, LOL.

I'm down with my rant and will now take my Prozac. The previous comments were opinions of lawyers in general and do not reflect my personal opinions of the Rocks Off lawyers, unless of course the shoe fits.

Your turn ...

7th July 2004 06:43 AM
caro
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Many lawyers are simply whores with no principles except to do anything for a buck.

Yeah, exactly. Lawyers are paid to get past their first impression of a person, to do some research and to try to put themselves in that person's place. Which means they'll sometimes defend a client they initially disapproved of, and maybe even (gosh) change their mind about him, because they took the time to learn about his behaviour and his life.
That makes them much more likeable to me than people like you who won't bother to find out a little more about a group of people (in this case, lawyers) for fear it might spoil their healthy hatred of that group.
7th July 2004 09:01 AM
Jumping Jack Yes, those who put murderers and rapists back on the street to do it again should be respected. Those who humiliate the victims of crimes to get their clients off should be worshiped. The ACLU lawyers filing trivial suits against local governments forcing taxpayer revenues to be spent on new their new Mercedes rather than education, infrastructure or other constructive uses are to be loved.

7th July 2004 09:42 AM
caro Um, yes.
A lawyer is not a judge, he just tries defends his client the best he can. So if there's a law that allows a murderer to get a 2-year sentence instead of 20 years, IMO he should take advantage of it. Otherwise, his client wouldn't be getting a fair treatment i.e. be judged according to ALL laws that exist, not just those the lawyer himself considers good or moral. The situations you're talking of are the lawmaker's fault, not the lawyers'.
7th July 2004 10:16 AM
jb I do not consider myseld a male whore....
7th July 2004 10:19 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I do not consider myseld a male whore....

Actually , the term " Man Whore " could be considered a compliment .......................

Developing .........................................

Bercee !
7th July 2004 10:58 AM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:

Actually , the term " Man Whore " could be considered a compliment .......................

Developing .........................................

Bercee !

Very interesting!
7th July 2004 11:08 AM
not bound to please
quote:
beer wrote:

That is a huge post. i didn't read a single word of it. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Great post!

7th July 2004 11:44 AM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:

Very interesting!

Thanks F505

From Pete Townshend's Diary :

" Michael Moore has been making some claims � mentioning me by name - which I believe distort the truth.

He says � among other things � that I refused to allow him to use my song WON�T GET FOOLED AGAIN in his latest film, because I support the war, and that at the last minute I recanted, but he turned me down. I have never hidden the fact that at the beginning of the war in Iraq I was a supporter. But now, like millions of others, I am less sure we did the right thing.

When first approached I knew nothing about the content of his film FARENHEIT 911. My publisher informed me they had already refused the use of my song in principle because MIRAMAX the producers offered well below what the song normally commands for use in a movie. They asked me if I wanted to ask for more money, I told them no.

Nevertheless, as a result of my refusal to consider the use, Harvey Weinstein � a good friend of mine, and my manager Bill Curbishley � interceded personally, explained in more detail to Bill what the movie was about, and offered to raise the bid very substantially indeed. This brought the issue directly to me for the first time. Bill emailed me and told me how keen Harvey and Michael Moore were to use my song.

At this point I emailed Bill (and he may have passed the essence of what I said to Harvey Weinstein) that I had not really been convinced by BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE, and had been worried about its accuracy; it felt to me like a bullying film. Out of courtesy to Harvey I suggested that if he and Moore were determined to have me reconsider, I should at least get a chance to see a copy of the new film. I knew that with Cannes on the horizon, time was running short for them, and this might not be possible. I never received a copy of the film to view. At no time did I ask Moore or Miramax to reconsider anything. Once I had an idea what the film was about I was 90% certain my song was not right for them.

I believe that in the same email to my publisher and manager that contained this request to see the film I pointed out that WGFA is not an unconditionally anti-war song, or a song for or against revolution. It actually questions the heart of democracy: we vote heartily for leaders who we subsequently always seem to find wanting. (WGFA is a song sung by a fictional character from my 1971 script called LIFEHOUSE. The character is someone who is frightened by the slick way in which truth can be twisted by clever politicians and revolutionaries alike). I suggested in the email that they might use something by Neil Young, who I knew had written several songs of a more precise political nature, and is as accessible as I am. Moore himself takes credit for this idea, and I have no idea whether my suggestion reached him, but it was the right thing to do.

I have nothing against Michael Moore personally, and I know Roger Daltrey is a friend and fan of his, but I greatly resent being bullied and slurred by him in interviews just because he didn�t get what he wanted from me. It seems to me that this aspect of his nature is not unlike that of the powerful and wilful man at the centre of his new documentary. I wish him all the best with the movie, which I know is popular, and which I still haven�t seen. But he�ll have to work very, very hard to convince me that a man with a camera is going to change the world more effectively than a man with a guitar. "

[Edited by Joey]
7th July 2004 04:17 PM
steel driving hammer Another Clinton.................................

SDH - A Registered Republican.
7th July 2004 04:20 PM
Joey
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Another Clinton.................................

SDH - A Registered Republican.

Nice Thigh ..................................
7th July 2004 05:30 PM
glencar That's Edwards's daughter, Tony.
7th July 2004 05:32 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's Edwards's daughter, Tony.

.................I thought he had younger children ?

WTF ?!?!
7th July 2004 05:35 PM
glencar He does. He had two children in their teens in the late 90's. The boy (Wade) got killed in a car accident. He & Mrs. E decided to spawn two new kids. The older daughter is about 18 years older than the younger daughter.
7th July 2004 05:36 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
He does. He had two children in their teens in the late 90's. The boy (Wade) got killed in a car accident. He & Mrs. E decided to spawn two new kids. The older daughter is about 18 years older than the younger daughter.

Thanks Blue .......................did you enjoy " S. & G. " ?!?!?!
7th July 2004 05:37 PM
glencar You're welcome as always, Joseph. I answered the S & G question elsewhere. I think you'll be fascinated.
7th July 2004 05:40 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
You're welcome as always, Joseph. I answered the S & G question elsewhere. I think you'll be fascinated.

Thanks Blue ................How's Stormy been lately ?
7th July 2004 05:41 PM
glencar Dead.
7th July 2004 05:41 PM
glencar Ya know that answer never changes.
8th July 2004 06:45 AM
Jumping Jack 1) Does Moore help the Kerry/Edwards ticket win the middle of the road independents they need to win or does he actually hurt his own cause?

2) Which extremist has offended the greater number of people with their recent big box office movies, Michael Moore or Mel Gibson? Yes, the far right and far left are both playing the same game and for the most part the majority accept it.

3) Why would anyone give their money to either of these propogandists?

4) Why are people more interested in being entertained by distortions and outright lies in the media that back up their personal views than factual presentations?
8th July 2004 11:26 AM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
Edwards will not even win his homestate for Kerry.....I think Gephardt was a more pragmatic choice...

Neither would Gephardt - his only constituency is a few square miles of St Louis. I doubt he would help carry Missouri.

And I dont believe Nader cost Gore the election. First off no votes belong to any one person other than who they were cast for. And what makes you think every single person who voted for Nader would have voted for Gore. Ever talk to a Green Party member? Single issue voters who arent too rational. Had Nader not run, some would have voted for Gore, some would have voted for Bush based upon some other single issue and many would not have voted at all.
8th July 2004 11:29 AM
jb That might be true, but I imagine he would have gotten atleast 526 more voted had Nader bowed out...
8th July 2004 11:41 AM
Dan I thought for sure Kerry was going to pick Vilsack but he caved to the pressure. I cant believe he chose that ambulance chaser even though he has been tirelessly campaigning for the Vice Presidency the past 4 years. Edwards is all style and no substance and has no other qualifications for the job other than his percieved likeability. Of course the only true description of the job is to cast tie breaking votes in the Senate and most importantly step in if the President dies.
I think the bump in the polls is going to fade really fast. He wont help Kerry win any southern states and he is very unpopular in his own state which is probably why he made an attempt to attain higher office, knowing he would not be re-elected to the Senate.
Of course I still cant believe Kerry was even nominated, I would rank him about 8th or 9th out of the 10 running for the job. I thought he would go over the side fairly quickly til Dean and Gephardt cancelled each other out in Iowa.
8th July 2004 11:43 AM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
I thought for sure Kerry was going to pick Vilsack but he caved to the pressure. I cant believe he chose that ambulance chaser even though he has been tirelessly campaigning for the Vice Presidency the past 4 years. Edwards is all style and no substance and has no other qualifications for the job other than his percieved likeability. Of course the only true description of the job is to cast tie breaking votes in the Senate and most importantly step in if the President dies.
I think the bump in the polls is going to fade really fast. He wont help Kerry win any southern states and he is very unpopular in his own state which is probably why he made an attempt to attain higher office, knowing he would not be re-elected to the Senate.
Of course I still cant believe Kerry was even nominated, I would rank him about 8th or 9th out of the 10 running for the job. I thought he would go over the side fairly quickly til Dean and Gephardt cancelled each other out in Iowa.

There has been no bump whatsoever...48-46 Kerry in the latest poll...very little effect adding Edwards...Only thing that will prevent Bush from winning is continued body count in Iraq....
8th July 2004 11:45 AM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
That might be true, but I imagine he would have gotten atleast 526 more voted had Nader bowed out...

But then, in addition to Florida, we would also be recounting in NM, OR, IA as well as investigating some alleged irregularities in WI.
8th July 2004 11:48 AM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
There has been no bump whatsoever...48-46 Kerry in the latest poll...very little effect adding Edwards...Only thing that will prevent Bush from winning is continued body count in Iraq....

the first polls had 49-41 but then I saw the more accurate Zogby poll with the above numbers. However he was bumped way ahead in Florida and some other key states. There will also be a post convention bump then we will have to see how well the Republicans do dancing over the 3000 dead in their own convention.
8th July 2004 11:48 AM
Lambchop*
quote:
Dan wrote:
I thought for sure Kerry was going to pick Vilsack but he caved to the pressure. I cant believe he chose that ambulance chaser even though he has been tirelessly campaigning for the Vice Presidency the past 4 years. Edwards is all style and no substance and has no other qualifications for the job other than his percieved likeability. Of course the only true description of the job is to cast tie breaking votes in the Senate and most importantly step in if the President dies.

so - who are YOU?

8th July 2004 11:53 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Drip ..............................

Drip ..............................

Drip .................................

LBJOEY
8th July 2004 12:02 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
glencar wrote:
Dead.

Just keep it up - I may just bring him back - you know I can...

Page: 1 2 3