ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Keithfucius say

oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!

Scanned from the cover of "Excellent and Unreleased"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Calling All Lawyers! (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
6th July 2004 02:09 PM
Joey
quote:
beer wrote:

Egon, in the last week, i have taken the art of drinking to a whole new level. I was kicked out of three bars within one hour. No shit.

6th July 2004 02:13 PM
gypsy sirmoonie, I can't. I suck at drinking. I cannot ever be an alcoholic. And, you guys will hate me for this one--I can't do chiba. I have tried, and it just does nothing for me.
Can I still hang out here though?
I do have pretty heavy prescription muscle relaxers and painkillers.
6th July 2004 02:13 PM
beer Joey, you are an inspiration to us all.

2 questions:

What is in a JaggerBomb? Jagemiester and red bull??

AND

What in the hell does 'Ninea abs shae monkey' mean?
6th July 2004 02:18 PM
Joey "Joey, you are an inspiration to us all. "

Come to Joey ..............................

What is in a JaggerBomb? Jagemiester and red bull??

Yes !

" What in the hell does 'Ninea abs shae monkey' mean? "

You may NOT touch my monkey !

Ninea !

NINEA ABS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

D. J. Jersee Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !
6th July 2004 02:44 PM
jpenn11 Part of the issue is that you may need to work out your explanation with the hospital. I think your lawyer who has alot more of the relevant facts will figure out the best way to approach the hospital if this is advisable. You want to be sure that your explanation is not undermined by the reference the hospital gives. A good lawyer should be able to advise you on issues of this sort, not just on how to sue.

Why might you consider a new opportunity?
-you heard this was a great place to work (any write ups in the local paper about this new place? someone you know was treated there and had great things to say about the workers or environment?)
-you were looking to expand your skills (any new responsibilities in the new position?)
-or you are looking to specialize
-"like everyone" you want to explore opportunites because you are always looking to improve yourself
-the hospital is very bureaucratic and impersonal, you wanted to try a clinic where there is less red tape for doing everything (?), and you get to know all the workers well and develop a better, fuller understanding of patients through repeated visits, etc.
-as an x-ray technician you hand off the x-rays to someone else in the hospital and have no follow up (?), and you were hoping in a smaller place you would have some additional opportunities for knowing what happened, because, as a health professional, you really do care (both how your work product was used and what happened to the patient, if patient privacy laws allow)

I started writing this stuff and realized, you probably know far better than I some good reasons. I'm glad you have opportunities.

6th July 2004 02:55 PM
Joey
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:
I started writing this stuff and realized, you probably know far better than I some good reasons. I'm glad you have opportunities.

6th July 2004 02:57 PM
beer
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Dude! Beerie! Words cannot express how proud I am of you. Cheers!

Sirmoonie, quite often i find you to be the 'voice of reason' in this crazy place. Let's take a drink for the hardworking people.

"Will this bender ever end, Ronnie??"
6th July 2004 02:58 PM
jb I am here to comfort you Gypsy.
6th July 2004 03:12 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I am here to comfort you Gypsy.

6th July 2004 04:32 PM
not bound to please I'm going to read all this and PM you later.

Hope you're well..
6th July 2004 04:38 PM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:
I'm going to read all this and PM you later.

Hope you're well..

Thanks NBTP !!!!!
6th July 2004 05:52 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Joey wrote:

Thanks NBTP !!!!!

Joey - I just googled " lamby uncake me "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6th July 2004 06:00 PM
kahoosier To be honest, unless the hospital really wants to increase its liability, they can say nothing about you except verify your dates of employment. I have been involved with recruiting for clinics and hospitals. Unless you give the hospital written permission to discuss things, they cannot "officially" even mention you were "terminated."

Unfortunatley, all of the above is on an official level. I have to also admit that health care is one of the most gossip ridden job areas imagineable.
6th July 2004 06:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
kahoosier wrote:
I have to also admit that health care is one of the most gossip ridden job areas imagineable.

Heaven help us! So we trust our personal health care to a bunch of back stabbers and social climbers, along with the politicians, pharmeutical conglomerates and insurance companies? The faith healers look more attractive now....but I suppose they're in on it too. LOL.
6th July 2004 07:43 PM
gypsy Good advice. Yeah...that is true...when they check to verify your employment, they just need to know the position you held, date of employment, and date left (or fired). But no details. I remember that--because I was sitting in HR for quite some time when one of the secretaries received one of those calls, and that was all the info she gave.

Yeah, the gossip has already been spreading. And I know who it is...it's the creepy student-fucker. He actually got lucky, because I could write a novel about him...but I wanted to keep one 'friend' in management.

I did go to the city today...and just gave them my resume. The lady (that I was going to talk to) that was supposed to be in later, ended up not coming in at all. Which is what I kind of expected. Everyone was very nice, and they said she'd give me a call tomorrow.
7th July 2004 10:07 AM
Joey " I did go to the city today...and just gave them my resume. The lady (that I was going to talk to) that was supposed to be in later, ended up not coming in at all. Which is what I kind of expected. Everyone was very nice, and they said she'd give me a call tomorrow. "

Everything in life ALWAYS works out for the best ...........................there are NO exceptions .

Oh , and like John Salley says , " Prayer doesn't hurt either .......... "

D. J. Jercee Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !
7th July 2004 01:06 PM
jb
7th July 2004 01:22 PM
Martha Gypsy...I am remiss in communicating to you my staunch and unwavering support as you go through this trying time with your recent job loss. I'm so sorry this has happened to you.

If you are cool with my asking this, PM me your telly number so I can call you...I want to chat!

E-mailing my experience with being fired from the job I had at the local college (where incestual behavior was prolific) is overwhelming to me and daunting! So I want to chit chat with you over the phone, as long as you are cool with that. :-)

In the meantime, keep your chin up!

This too shall pass.

love and hugs,
Martha

BTW, can't someone from the board take a day off to go kick this fatbastard's ass????

Who's your Daddy!?!?!
7th July 2004 01:23 PM
jb Gypsy...I beleive in you...http://www.alighthouse.com/believe.htm
7th July 2004 02:39 PM
Joey

7th July 2004 02:51 PM
gypsy Thanks, Martha! I will e-mail you. I would love to talk to you...there is much more that I can't tell on this board. Wish I could.
Kicking his ass won't solve anything. Sure, I'd feel a little better for a while.
Besides, he's so past due for a heart attack. Last week, his eyes started to roll toward the back of his head, he got dizzy and nauseated. Stupid me, trying to be nice, sat him down in a chair, offered him some aspirin, some anti-vert, and offered to go get an ER doc. But he declined, and went home early. I thought he was going to have a heart attack. It was probably all just a ploy so he could go to some buffet somewhere.
7th July 2004 02:52 PM
jb You are still the hottest woman on Rocks-Off!!!!
7th July 2004 02:56 PM
Joey
" I would love to talk to you...there is much more that I can't tell on this board. Wish I could. "

" Kicking his ass won't solve anything. Sure, I'd feel a little better for a while. "

" Besides, he's so past due for a heart attack. "

" Last week, his eyes started to roll toward the back of his head, he got dizzy and nauseated. "

" Stupid me, trying to be nice, sat him down in a chair, offered him some aspirin, some anti-vert, and offered to go get an ER doc. But he declined, and went home early. "

" I thought he was going to have a heart attack. It was probably all just a ploy so he could go to some buffet somewhere. "

7th July 2004 02:57 PM
gypsy Awww, joshy. Thanks...there are some real hot babes on this board.
7th July 2004 02:58 PM
gypsy joey, I am going to bitch-slap you whenever I finally get to meet you.
7th July 2004 03:02 PM
Joey " ...there are some real hot babes on this board. "

7th July 2004 03:44 PM
jpenn11 Another thing I later thought about was that whether you were fired or resigned may affect your ability to collect unemployment insurance payments.

You seem to be weathering this storm quite well.
8th July 2004 02:10 AM
gypsy Thanks! I don't want to go on unemployment. I've been staying up on the job search...it just couldn't have happened at a more inopportune time, with the OU students finishing up summer school...and I have to compete with them...and Oklahoma is one of those few states that does not require REGISTERED techs...so they can hire the students for half the cost. Also, Oklahoma has 11 radiology schools...more than any other state...so that makes it even tougher. I have searched the travel jobs, but the economy is so bad, there is nothing very good available...unless I want to go to Alaska. I would if I hadn't have had that car wreck and had multiple jaw surgeries...because now I have arthritis in the joint there...so cold weather is not good for me. God, why can't they have Hawaii or Florida?!
I think even if I tried waitressing at a sports bar that could be fun. I have a lot of girl friends that do it, and the really good ones make more than I do. That's always an option until a job in my field is available.
I went to my doctor's today...and he is going to call the guy who runs that orthopedic clinic, and tell him to hire me. But he did tell me the guy was a major prick. And he encouraged me to sue the hospital. Which I'm still unsure about...as you know they can totally twist it around to make it look like I'm a wanton hussy.

8th July 2004 10:37 AM
Joey " I think even if I tried waitressing at a sports bar that could be fun. I have a lot of girl friends that do it, and the really good ones make more than I do. That's always an option until a job in my field is available. "

Remember ................" No Pole !!!! " ...............you promised me .

Bercee
Page: 1 2 3 4