ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Keithfucius say

oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!

Scanned from the cover of "Excellent and Unreleased"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Calling All Lawyers! (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
3rd July 2004 08:19 PM
gypsy Thanks, kahoosier. I was being facetious regarding drug usage. I did the travel gigs for a few years. As a matter of fact, I made twice as much as I recently made. It's just that the economy was so bad that all of the 'fun' travel positions dried up. But it's starting to ease up a bit...I've had several e-mails and phone calls over the last few weeks from the agencies I worked for in the past. I am probably going to go that route again. I only stayed at the job here because we just bought our first house together, and have been fixing it up...and I don't want to leave that...but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do!
glencar, I didn't go to Branson. Didn't feel up to lying to the whole family. Yesterday was my complete shock and anger day...today is my sad day...going through the emotions. I know that I don't have to tell my family that I lost my job. But, then again, I also didn't feel I could put on a brave face and lie. I'm always very honest...and don't like lying.
I did tell my grandmother all of this on the phone this morning, so that she could make up a reason as to why I am not there.
3rd July 2004 08:24 PM
LadyJane gyps...you have e-mail.

LJ.
3rd July 2004 08:43 PM
glencar gypsy, you made the right move in reference to Branson. You need time to be sad. It sucks losing a job & I didn't think Branson/not telling the folks would have helped you psyche. I hope you get a better job quickly & I hope you pursue a lawsuit. Normally I hate lawyers/lawsuits (except Nanker & JB) but you've definitely been wronged. I hope OK has laws that protect your rights.
3rd July 2004 10:17 PM
kahoosier I understand the new house deal Gypsy...I guess you have hard decisions. I used to be a property owner. I also went thru the locums thing with the agencies for a while, and it was way too transient, though I agree that the money is good and you have no costs! So since then I have depended on the Medhunters site to get me a job here and there that I can stay at a year or two at a time. I am well into year three on this particular island.

My brother is an MD in Indiana and has the big house in the woods, expensive cars, the whole deal. For now I am living in what many would see as a bit raw of a situation but I am very comfortable. I have gone from 5 bedroom house to all I own fitting into a 8 by 12 rental storage unit. For me, best summed up when Joplin sang, "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose!" I have not enjoyed life as much as I have in the past several years since giving up all the trappings. Just the old free spirit in me blowing in the wind I guess.

LOL that "WE" thing you mention though lets you off of my offer to put you on easy street for a green card hahah!

Seriously, my thoughts are with you and my prayers are for you tonight.
4th July 2004 08:06 AM
MarthaMyDear GYPSY!!! I'm really sorry to hear about this
crap!!! You'll need some time to grieve, etc., but it really
does sound like you are better off getting out of that place,
to me!!! What a bunch of COMPLETELY USELESS DRAMA!!! And, I
HATE losers like this guy is!!!

Anyways, someone is looking after you and just clearing the
way for BETTER things for you in your life... Things WILL get
better, I promise you, ok., so take care, ok.?!?!?!
My thoughts are with you and I'm sending some positive
energy your way for better things for you soon so KEEP ROCKIN'
and TAKE CARE!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
4th July 2004 02:28 PM
gypsy I've been a lazy slob the last two days. I have eaten so much it's disgusting. I'm like sirmoonie...when he didn't move from his 'sick bed' for days after Justin Timberlake performed with our Stones at the SARS concert.
Don't worry...I'll perk up again tomorrow for the visit from my grandparents. I'll start the job search Tuesday...and visit the lawyer.
4th July 2004 02:30 PM
gypsy Wait. Does anyone know if sirmoonie did ever really move from his 'sick bed?'
4th July 2004 03:57 PM
MarthaMyDear I've been eating a lot of crap lately, myself, and I don't
care... lol.................. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last night I
bought a strawberry pie at the grocery store smothered in
whipped cream... YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Whipped
cream is good straight out of the can and into the mouth
when the crack dealer isn't around... lol........ Then,
after a day or so of that, don't touch that bottle for years
'cause that shit will stick to your thighs like NO ONE'S
BUSINESS and that will never do on we cute girls, you
know!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND, AIN'T IT
THE FRICKIN' TRUTH... RONNIE!!!

*** Martha ***

P.S. (Ronnie predicts a better job for gypsy!!!
Take it easy, gypsy, 'cause it will happen!!! And, take
that ugly loser for all he has... HE!!! HE!!! ASSHOLE!!!
lol............. I'm from California, you know... HE!!!
HE!!! HE!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
..................... PEACE OUT!!! TAKE
CARE!!! )
4th July 2004 04:55 PM
littleredrooster Sorry to learn about your termination.
When I read the story I thought it would be a slam dunk in your favor.

I'm shocked!
Best of luck in your new surroundings!

Roostah
4th July 2004 06:07 PM
gypsy Thanks, LRR. I thought the same as you. Oh well. I'll move on.
Do you know what would make me feel better? Aside from a double-dip hot fudge sundae.
A couple of SirStonesalot's homemade CD's. That might help out of my sick bed...and possibly put a smile on this sad little face.
5th July 2004 12:04 AM
MarthaMyDear HAVE BOTH!!! LIVE IT THE HELL UP, GYPSY, AND
TAKE CARE, ok.?!?!?! I just had a McDonald's
M&M McFlurry (LARGE!!! lol......... )
'cause you have to treat yourself sometimes!!! I haven't had
one for years so it's not like I have to have them every
week now, and shit... And, there's always working-out, etc.,
to offset those calories, etc.!!! JUST HAVE
FUN and treat yourself and ENJOY!!! Things will get
better... I promise you!!! Anyways, take
care, PEACE, and ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***

P.S. (HI, ED!!! I will PM you SOON, ok.?!?!?!
And, now I have to get to sleep!!! Take care,
you guys!!! ROCK ON!!! )
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
5th July 2004 11:06 AM
egon
quote:
beer wrote:
Oh well, more time to perfect my drinking skills.

I like you
5th July 2004 06:26 PM
Cant Catch Me It usually helps me to feel pity for the miserable, whimperin' toxic asswipes I've had to deal with in life. It helps keep you from being dragged down into their grotesque, filthy lives.

So, say a daily prayer for Fat Bastard and his ilk, hoping that one day their loathsome suffering and self-hate will end.

And, what kind of MAN claims sexual harrasment against a woman??? He's got to be a dickless, pussy-starved puddle of oozing slime.
5th July 2004 10:04 PM
gypsy Thanks, CCM. I got out some of my religious books to help me deal with those bad feelings. I don't wish ill will upon anyone. I prayed for him and his family.

And if Fat Bastard has a dick, it's somewhere underneath his belly (front butt).
5th July 2004 11:34 PM
BILL PERKS WAWA PAYS WELL..AND I KNOW MY WAL MART NEEDS HELP
5th July 2004 11:53 PM
gypsy Thanks Bill, but I worked through high-school and some college at Wal-Mart. Seven years in the photo lab. I was able to not have to work during x-ray school...due to all my stock and profit-sharing money.
My uncle is the regional vice-president of Wal-Mart. He is a multi-millionaire.
6th July 2004 07:49 AM
Factory Girl Gypsy, I'm so sorry about this terrible mess. My prayers are with you. Don't let the Fat Bastards get you down. I'll PM you.
6th July 2004 09:14 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wow, sorry about losing the job, gypsy, even if it did totally suck. Have a good time in Branson & good luck getting some new work.

Agreed .......................Everything ALWAYS works out for the best .

Jacky !
6th July 2004 10:05 AM
jb I am sorry to learn of your apparent termination . I am sure your attorney has discussed with you the procedures necessary to pursue a claim on both a state and federal level. The EEOC filing reqirement must be met and depending on what state you live in, state law may provide equal or greater relief in terms of damages. Sexual harassment and or hostile work envionment claims are not always easy to prove up. Issues of notice to supervisors, prior incidents, and work history will all have a bearing. Good luck.
6th July 2004 10:28 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
I am sorry to learn of your apparent termination . I am sure your attorney has discussed with you the procedures necessary to pursue a claim on both a state and federal level. The EEOC filing reqirement must be met and depending on what state you live in, state law may provide equal or greater relief in terms of damages. Sexual harassment and or hostile work envionment claims are not always easy to prove up. Issues of notice to supervisors, prior incidents, and work history will all have a bearing. Good luck.

Josh, do you have a lot of experience with panty-related cases of allegedical moofeasance?
6th July 2004 11:05 AM
Factory Girl jb is a panty chaser.
6th July 2004 11:07 AM
jpenn11 So sorry to hear about this. It's amazing what some people (using the term loosely) and businesses can get away with.

Even if you hated your job, you'll probably go through some grieving period. It's sounds though like you hated it enough that hopefully the grieving period will be short.

I'm glad you are talking to a lawyer. Whether or not you sue, you will at least feel better knowing that you have rights and can sue. But it really does seem like you were fired without a good basis and that the basis claimed was a pretext because the stories don't agree, the basis seems preposterous, the hostile environment (in which superiors hit on subordinates) inspired these jerks to improperly fire you, etc. It would be good if someone made these sick jerks pay for the damage they've done not only to you but possibly to others in your workplace.

Also, most companies have progressive discipline policies, which require them to give warnings before firing, etc., and many companies have severance payment policies. It is unclear whether you've even been terminated, but your HR department's taking the (improper?) view that you've resigned seems like they're trying to avoid a messy and expensive problem.

As for suing, you should talk with your lawyer about whether it would be better to wait until you have a new job before pursuing anything or even letting your lawyer do any sort of investigation. You probably want your old boss to provide a reference if you need one and you probably don't want your new firm to think of you as being litigious.

It seems like you've got marketable skills and lots of opportunities. Good luck!
[Edited by jpenn11]
6th July 2004 01:54 PM
gypsy Thanks for the great advice, jpenn.

Hey! There's an orthopedic clinic in the city (but it's much closer to my house than the hospital)...and they need an x-ray tech. I read it on the jobsonline deal...but I thought, "oh, this is old...they probably already have someone." But when I called today, the lady said they don't, and to fax my resume...and possibly come up there later today...although it's already almost 1p.

So, I will ask that you guys think good thoughts. I would love to work in a nice clinic. No barium enemas is right up my alley! They make me wistful for Joey.

Oh, and the most important thing I want to ask is what should I say about my old job? I've NEVER been terminated before...so I'm really nervous about what to say. I know that if I'm truthful, it will not be good.
Should I say that it was too far of a drive, pay too low? I have no idea.
[Edited by gypsy]
6th July 2004 01:56 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Thanks for the great advice, jpenn.

Hey! There's an orthopedic clinic in the city (but it's much closer to my house than the hospital)...and they need an x-ray tech. I read it on the jobsonline deal...but I thought, "oh, this is old...they probably already have someone." But when I called today, the lady said they don't, and to fax my resume...and possibly come up there later today...although it's already almost 1p.

So, I will ask that you guys think good thoughts. I would love to work in a nice clinic. No barium enemas is right up my alley! They make me wistful for Joey.

Just promise me you will " Stay off the Pole " my Stonesian Princess .....................................
6th July 2004 01:59 PM
gypsy Joey, I will stay off that dirty pole...cuz you know it's just infected w/ skankness from the janky chicks that have already slithered down it. Which gives me an idea: I shall go to each gentleman's club w/ a bucket of bleach and offer my services as a "pole cleaner."
6th July 2004 02:02 PM
Moonisup I doubt that this could happen in Holland!
Glad that everything worked out fine for you Gypsy!
6th July 2004 02:06 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Joey, I will stay off that dirty pole...cuz you know it's just infected w/ skankness from the janky chicks that have already slithered down it. Which gives me an idea: I shall go to each gentleman's club w/ a bucket of bleach and offer my services as a "pole cleaner."

www.TinaJordan.com
6th July 2004 02:06 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Oh, and the most important thing I want to ask is what should I say about my old job? I've NEVER been terminated before...so I'm really nervous about what to say. I know that if I'm truthful, it will not be good.
Should I say that it was too far of a drive, pay too low? I have no idea.
[Edited by gypsy]

Check PM.

I still think you should take up drinking on a more consistent basis. That can fix damn near anything, IMHMFO.
6th July 2004 02:07 PM
beer
quote:
egon wrote:

I like you

Egon, in the last week, i have taken the art of drinking to a whole new level. I was kicked out of three bars within one hour. No shit.
6th July 2004 02:08 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
beer wrote:
Egon, in the last week, i have taken the art of drinking to a whole new level. I was kicked out of three bars within one hour. No shit.

Dude! Beerie! Words cannot express how proud I am of you. Cheers!
Page: 1 2 3 4