ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Keithfucius say

oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!

Scanned from the cover of "Excellent and Unreleased"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Those who want to buy the new book "Los Rolling Stones en Per�" please read Return to archive
23rd June 2004 10:29 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The book has been selling very well, in fact Cucho is now planning a second edition, not just a new reprint, but an improved second edition.

I have the book in my hands, and I already sent some to Europe and the USA. We (Cucho and I) want to know who else want the book.

Neither I nor Rocks Off get paid for this, I'm doing this for you, the reader as this is something to own.

So please reply here (better for both of us) or send me an e-mail or a PM if you want. Please let us know the country.

IMHO the book is one of those great works with such an specific subject that makes it a real collector's item.

Even if you don't speak Spanish the 24 pix as well are great and many of them never published or published only in Per�.

Mr. Gringo, my father he ain't no Che Guevara
And he's fighting the war on the streets of Masaya

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
23rd June 2004 10:50 PM
mac_daddy I'm in.

are there any first editions left? that would be my preference (the 24 pix are there, right?).

thanks, voodoo.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
23rd June 2004 11:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks mac_daddy!

Some of the pix (posted before here) to follow, I'm not going to post more new images for obvious reasons

Keith Richards in Per�, 1969
Archivo: El Comercio
From Cucho Pe�aloza's book "Los Rolling Stones en Per�"
23rd June 2004 11:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Chiba-faced Jagger

Archivo Tom�s d'Ornellas
Foto: Renpe Pinedo
23rd June 2004 11:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This photo is NOT in the book, but anyway I?m posting as it's one of the funniest chiba-faced pix of Jagger

Also from 1981 and by Ren� Pinedo
23rd June 2004 11:40 PM
mac_daddy thanks, voodoo...

i was not asking to see the pix posted, I was just inquiring if there were any first editions left, and if they have all the images that will be in the second edition...

but thanks for the images - they are alot of fun.I love the fact mick is wearing a "rockers" tshirt - that was a movie about/centered on the reggae scene in jamaica in the early 80s. the soundtrack is fantastic - i like knowing mick is into reggae, too.
23rd June 2004 11:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
i was not asking to see the pix posted, I was just inquiring if there were any first editions left, and if they have all the images that will be in the second edition...

LOL sorry, but trust me... I posted that message not as a reply to your inquiry but as a respect to Cucho my reply is NOT related to your message.

I know some of the regulars would love to see the images in their hard copies for the very first time.
23rd June 2004 11:54 PM
mac_daddy gotcha!

when you get the time - please let me know how I can order.

tia
24th June 2004 02:31 AM
Monkey Woman I'm very interested in this book too! How can we order, pay, etc?
24th June 2004 10:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl In order to save in shipping we want to know how many copies and where are the buyers.

For example Cucho will send me all the books to sell in Mexico City and same for Argentina, in this way we all save in shipping. We have now some private requests from two fans in Spain.

In your case and at this speed I think we're gonna send only one to Paris and one to the USA. Is logical as the book is in plain Spanish with some texts from lyrics or quotes in English.

24th June 2004 10:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Also one to Germany
25th June 2004 12:23 PM
Monkey Woman Thank you Gerardo! I would have bought the book for the pics alone, I think. But I can read a little spanish, so I'll enjoy the text too!
25th June 2004 01:02 PM
montana that's great MW!! and if you need any help you just have to ask
30th June 2004 11:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Cucho sent me some books, I don't have them yet.

The books will be sold at $15.00 USD plus shipping and I will be helping my friend Cucho accpeting PayPal and withdrawing the paymente to his account in the USA

1st July 2004 01:23 AM
parmeda
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
thanks, voodoo...

Gerardo...please count me in as well.
I too, would like to know if there are any first editions available. (Same preference as mac daddy...but will gladly take a copy of what you've been sent )

I will e-mail you as well.
1st July 2004 11:23 AM
gypsy Count me in too.
Email me.
1st July 2004 12:21 PM
Monkey Woman Gerardo, you've got PM!
1st July 2004 01:09 PM
montana i'm sending you a mail
1st July 2004 01:12 PM
LadyJane All the ladies want in on this one!!

Sending an e-mail!!

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
6th July 2004 12:41 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ok, it's done and over. The first edition is sold out, no more issues are available

Today I received the books from Cucho, including two to give as a gift to Rocks Off regulars (one in this forum) and the other to the regulars of BdP (http://www.rocksoff.org/foro)

He is suggesting a trivia, but to be honest the time to do a trivia is a lot, so maybe it will be simpler, I'm thinking how

So those who contacted me via this thread or PM or e-mail will have one. I'm gonna weight the book and let you know the amount. Paypal is the best way for me and for you

Click below to learn more and believe me, is a great way to buy securely on line

6th July 2004 12:47 AM
gypsy I have an idea. I think it would be exceptionally generous if the book was donated to a little unemployed girl/boy.

*a sinlge tear*
7th July 2004 03:41 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I have an idea. I think it would be exceptionally generous if the book was donated to a little unemployed girl/boy.

*a sinlge tear*

9th July 2004 12:26 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ok, I weighted the book with envelope, the weight is slightly less than 250 g so the cost is as follows

Book $15.00 USD
Shipping (exact shipping, handling is free you may check it in your envelope stamps)

This is first-class high-priority registered air-mail. Deduct $1.5 if you don't want registered mail and e-mail for a cheap option (not recommended as it takes longer)

• Mexico City free if you pick iy up at my studio, thanks rogerriffin!
  • North America, Central America and Caribbean $6.70
  • South America and Europe $8.48 (Those in South America please contact Marcelo at http://rocksoff.org/foro
  • Rest of the World $9.78

I have only 8 books, but two of them are dedicated for the winners of the trivia, but I don't have time to make a trivia, jaxx has less time and I think Gazza as me are very busy to make it. So I'm gonna contact Cucho for alternatives, maybe a donation to some unemployed sweetheart over there and the other to be auctioned at e-bay

Many of you have posted or e-mail me, so I have reserved your books just contact me or pay directly, please just add "Los Rolling Stones en Per�" in the subject

PayPal me at [email protected]
9th July 2004 12:27 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl IMPORTANT: If you did NOT reserve please contact me before paying
9th July 2004 12:51 AM
rogerriffin oohhhhh, yes the ship it�s free if you pick it up at Voodoo Chile�s studio, i got my issue, are very interesting the southamerican trips of Glimmer Twins...in page 18 you can find the true story about the "glimmer twins" pseudonym.

THANKS CUCHO, THANKS VOODOO (s� porque si pongo CHILE, es como si fueras mi ...)
9th July 2004 08:11 PM
gypsy It sounds like a really cool book. I was kind of half-joking...but serious. I am depressed, unemployed, and feel awful...it would cheer me up. I'm not one to beg, but in this case, what the hell..."Ain't Too Proud To Beg..."

I love you all...just had some margaritas and chinese food...not in that order. It's going to rain. I promised some friends I'd hang out with them...but I am going to sit home alone and get drunk and send Voodoo some stills!
10th July 2004 10:47 AM
parmeda Thank you, Voo...
I'm back from my excursion, and I will send off my payment in mere moments
10th July 2004 01:00 PM
Monkey Woman Great news Voodoo! I'm paying right now!
10th July 2004 09:18 PM
LadyJane Payment via paypal just completed.

Looking forward to the book.

LJ.
10th July 2004 11:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Three payments received, books to bo shipped on Monday. Thanks a lot.