ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Keithfucius say

oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!

Scanned from the cover of "Excellent and Unreleased"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones fans all over the planet carry the Olympic Torch Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th June 2004 10:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Today we received the Olympic torch, then I had an idea with this event: As the Olympics means world peace, all races and religions together as well as fair competition, let�s follow the Olympic fire...

When it gets to your city post a picture (Yahoo news is giving a day to day follow up of it) until Fotini gets it

To be honest I had second thoughts before posting this message here as it may sound a little bit "cursi" (pretentious?) but what we need now is peace and love in the old (60s) fashion way.

Rosario Iglesias, a 93-year-old carries the Olympic torch in Mexico City Tuesday, June 15, 2004 as part of a 26-nation ceremony ahead of the Aug. 13th start of the Summer Olympics (news - web sites) in Athens. (AP Photo/Eduardo Verdugo)

15th June 2004 10:40 PM
MarthaMyDear I'LL DO THAT, GERARDO!!! What *** I *** am afraid of, though, is that the terrorists are planning to attack the Olympics and I hope not!!! I will definitely do this so keep us posted, ok.?!?!?! CHEERS, DEAR!!!

*** Martha ***
15th June 2004 10:41 PM
glencar Is that 2nd picture Fotini?
15th June 2004 10:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is that 2nd picture Fotini?

LOL

No, Fotini is a Rocks Off regular from Greece, I don't know if she's gonna receive the torch but if I can vote for it I'll do it

This is Fotini and her friends in San Siro, before a Rolling Stones Show the second picture was taken by her

15th June 2004 10:46 PM
MarthaMyDear Did you know that Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie are supposed to carry torches?!?!?! I bet they did that to see if a cat fight would break out... lol......... Just playing... lol...... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P lol............ I'm sure that bit of info. is nice to hear for the guys!!! lol................. ENJOY and ROCK ON!!! WHY CAN'T BRAD CARRY IT, is what *** I *** want to know?!?!?! lol..... LOL!!!!!!!!!! :P lol........ CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P lol........ PEACE!!! lol..........

*** Martha ***
16th June 2004 02:53 AM
FotiniD
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is that 2nd picture Fotini?

LOL, no Glencar

To tell you the truth Gerardo, I'm a bit of a sceptical when it comes to the Olympics. Sure, the ideals of world peace and friendship are what the Olympiad should all be about, but enter sposhorships, Coca Cola and commissions and you get a picture of what it's really all about nowadays

Anyway, I don't want to nag, this is really a good thread! I'm not going to carry the torch ( thanks for the vote of support Voodoo ) but I'll keep you guys posted when it gets back here My friend (who's with me on that San Siro pic) hopes that they're gonna invite Bjork to sing on the opening ceremony, but I have my doubts on that
[Edited by FotiniD]
17th June 2004 01:24 AM
MarthaMyDear http://www.olympic.org/uk/news/olympic_news/full_story_uk.asp?id=892
http://www.olympic.org/uk/index_uk.asp

ATHENS 2004 Torch Relay: Hello Los Angeles!

�Getty/Warshaw
16 June 2004
The ATHENS 2004 Olympic Torch Relay arrives in Los Angeles, California (USA) for the eleventh stop on its world journey to 34 cities, including Ancient Olympia where the Olympic flame was rekindled. Los Angeles, host of the 1932 & 1984 Summer Olympic Games, will welcome the Torch Relay to famous sites in the city including Hollywood Boulevard, Venice Beach and Dodger Stadium, home of the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Olympic heroes and Hollywood movie stars
Among those who will carry it during its one-day stop are Janet Evans (swimming), who won four Olympics gold medals and one silver medal (Seoul 1988, Barcelona 1992, Atlanta 1996), legendary Mark Spitz (swimming) who tallies 9 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze medal (Mexico 1968, Munich 1972). Hollywood movie stars Tom Cruise (Top Gun, Mission Impossible, etc.) and Sylvester Stallone (Rocky, Cliffhanger, Rambo, etc.) will also be participating in the relay.

St. Louis, Atlanta, New York
This week, the flame will make an appearance in St. Louis on Thursday, Atlanta on Friday and New York on Saturday.

Coca-Cola and Samsung
This first-ever truly global Olympic Torch Relay is designed to �Pass the Flame, Unite the World� in a celebration of the Olympic Games� homecoming to Athens. The ATHENS 2004 International Olympic Torch Relay is presented by Coca-Cola and Samsung.

And, Ellen Degeneres carried it through West Hollywood... Shes's so damn funny... lol...... ROCK ON, ELLEN!!!

*** Martha ***

STONES RULE, YOU BASTARDS!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P lol..... lol... LOL!!!!!!!!! :P lol...

P.S. (I'll post some pix when I can but I can't find them right now (?!?!?!)!!! MORE SOON!!! )
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
17th June 2004 08:58 AM
CS

(L-R) Boxer Vitali Klitschko, former Olympic Swimmer Janet Evans, actor Tom Cruise and former Olympic track and field star Rafer Johnson pose after running around Dodger Statdium in Los Angeles as part of the Olympic torch relay(AFP/Getty Images/Robert Laberge)

Louis Zamperini, 86, reacts to cheers from the crowd as he rides through the Dodger Stadium parking lot during the Olympic torch relay Wednesday, June 16, 2004, in Los Angeles. Zamperini a former Olympian runner in 1936, was twice an NCAA champion and record holder and a POW in World War II. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)
18th June 2004 11:36 AM
jb It was embarrassing to watch Sylvester Stallone and Tom Cruise carry the torch....
18th June 2004 11:39 AM
F505

Louis Zamperini, 86, reacts to cheers from the crowd as he rides through the Dodger Stadium parking lot during the Olympic torch relay Wednesday, June 16, 2004, in Los Angeles. Zamperini a former Olympian runner in 1936, was twice an NCAA champion and record holder and a POW in World War II. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)
[/quote]

You're sure? I thought it was Bill Wyman without wig after leaving the Paradiso.
18th June 2004 11:41 AM
jb Could you imagine Keith running with the torch...LOL..he would probably use it to light a joint and keep over-zealous fans at bay...
[Edited by jb]
18th June 2004 11:45 AM
parmeda Keith wouldn't run, jb...he would strut, lol
And Mick would do the Harlem Shuffle.

[Edited by parmeda]
22nd June 2004 10:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ronnie Wood at the Olympic Torch Concert on Saturday

Check IORR news at http://www.iorr.org/news.htm for more information and links
22nd June 2004 10:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
F505 wrote:
You're sure? I thought it was Bill Wyman without wig after leaving the Paradiso.

LOL
25th June 2004 09:44 AM
Monkey Woman The Olympic Flame is now in Paris. Here's a pic of judo champion David Douillet holding the torch at the Stade de France:

More pics:
http://permanent.nouvelobs.com/sport/20040625.OBS1776.html#

On the Champs Elys�es

Athlete Marie-Jos� Perec (left) and Paris mayor Jean Delano�

In Montmartre, with can-can dancers

Former champion Alain Mimoun (with white hair)

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
25th June 2004 11:57 AM
egon does HE have any info about the stones being there?
25th June 2004 12:05 PM
Monkey Woman LOL! No, but the Crazy Horse dancers might know the whereabouts of Mick!
25th June 2004 12:10 PM
jb The spirit of the Olympics and man's good will hopefully shall bring some joy to these troubled times..
[Edited by jb]
25th June 2004 12:13 PM
egon
quote:
jb wrote:
The spirit of the Olympics and man's good will hopefully shall bring some joy to these troubled times..
[Edited by jb]

If the stadium won't collapse....
25th June 2004 12:15 PM
jb Having been to Greece in 1976, all I recall is the terrible air-pollution and awful food...but I was only 14 at the time and somewhat limited in my culinary selection...
25th June 2004 12:17 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
The spirit of the Olympics and man's good will hopefully shall bring some joy to these troubled times..
[Edited by jb]

And also some hot babes in the diving, swimming & gymnastics competition.

Thats the spirit!
25th June 2004 12:19 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

And also some hot babes in the diving, swimming & gymnastics competition.

Thats the spirit!

Those sales figures , while respectable, are still amazingly low for their definitive greatest hits album which coincided with a massive tour and PR machine...I still will never understand why huge concert attendance has never carried over to their album sales....
[Edited by jb]

-----------------------------
Rik is a great friend .
25th June 2004 12:20 PM
Monkey Woman Helloooo, jb? In what thread do you think you're posting?
25th June 2004 12:23 PM
jb
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Helloooo, jb? In what thread do you think you're posting?

Congratulations on a good effort by the French futbol team...Unfortunately, England was just too strong and they also happen to have the best, and may I add hottest , soccer player in the world-David Beckham a/k/a Mr. Posh Spice.
25th June 2004 12:24 PM
Monkey Woman Hit and miss posting... Hilarious!
26th June 2004 04:46 PM
LadyJane

Rod Stewart, and Ronnie Wood perform at the Olympic Torch concert held on the Mall in London, Saturday June 26, 2004. James Brown and Rod Stewart headed a long line up of stars performing at the concert held to commemorate the Olympic Flame as it passes through London on its way to Athens 2004. (AP Photo/Richard Lewis)

[Edited by LadyJane]
26th June 2004 04:54 PM
MarthaMyDear YOWSA!!! Ronnie looks, er, MIGHTY tasty there!!! HE!!! HE!!!
CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
racking-up!!! lol........ Thank you for the
pic., LJ!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
26th June 2004 04:56 PM
Angiegirl yeah, they looked good on stage, watched it (Stay with me) on BBC earlier tonite. but the sound was awful to be honest...
26th June 2004 05:12 PM
MarthaMyDear You're lucky!!! lol.. My tongue is DEFINITELY hanging out of
my mouth (usually all the time when I see Ronnie and
Mick)... lol.. Anyways, thank you to Gerardo
for sending me this one of Tom Cruise and (?!?!?!)!!!
Probably some famous athlete!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm too lazy to research it right now... Fuck it... Here it
is!!! :

Take care, AngieGirl!!!

*** Martha ***
27th June 2004 02:24 PM
montana This morning olympic flame has arrived at Madrid...

the flame being carried by metro...

the first relay, olympic water polo champion, Manuel Estiarte, holding the torch

after 30 relays it arrived where Prince Felipe waited for

Here's a pic of Prince Felipe holding the torch at Puerta de Alcala in Madrid

after leaving Madrid goes to Barcelona...

a few pix from Barna

We can see Olimpic Stadium in the background, where Olympic Games took place back in 1992...and as remark...where Stones played last summer LOL

Miguel Indurain, winner of Tour of France (is it right? or it's French's tour or Tour de France...anyway ya know )

and that's all for now...

[Edited by montana]
Page: 1 2