ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Keithfucius say

oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!

Scanned from the cover of "Excellent and Unreleased"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TREE: Dylan in Detroit 3-Pack - NEW: Art inside (page 2) Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th May 2004 10:33 AM
Martha Bob Dylan and His Band in Detroit (3-pack)
March, 15th, 16th, 17th, 2004
State Theater
Detroit, MI
Source: Travelin' Man Records

Hello Rocks Off Family and Unholy Trinity,

I am offering to Tree all three Detroit shows, which is a 6-CD set. They were recorded by the one and only Travelin' Man Records (TMR). All three shows are complete and in my opinion, excellent audience recordings. I'm really happy to be able to offer them to you.

Can this PLEASE be stickied?

Thanks to Sir Stonesalot and Gazza for helping me get started, this is my first time offering a tree.

Here's what you must do in order to participate in the Detroit 3-pack Tree.

1. You must be a Rocks Off member

2. You must SIGN-UP by sending an e-mail to this address:[email protected]
(Do NOT sign up in this thread I will not be able to keep track that way.)
Sign-up will close at midnight EDT Friday, May 21st.

3. When you e-mail me to sign-up include the following information:
A. Your ROCKS OFF name
B. Your e-mail address
C. Country and State of residence (If you are signing up as a branch please include your entire address)
D. *Branch tell me how many will you burn for or
**Leaf
*Note: If you sign-up as Branch please let me know how many people you will burn for.
**If you are signing in as a leaf you will be responsible for contacting the person assigned to you as your Branch, which will be posted soon after the sign-up time closes.

4. ^See the following information written by Gazza that explains far better than I can how this all works.

^For those of you new to this process, a brief explanation of how the structure works:

1) The discs are copied by the seeds and sent to their respective branches. For example, Seed #1 copies the discs to his three branches (ie Branches 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3). Each branch then copies and distributes the discs to their respective leaves. The leaves do not make copies.

2) You should initiate contact with the person ABOVE you in the tree structure to arrange how you wish to trade for these discs. For example, if you are a LEAF, you e-mail your BRANCH (eg, if you are leaf 2.3.3, you should contact your branch , who is branch 2.3). If you are a BRANCH, you contact your SEED, etc.

3) You can trade for the 6 discs by requesting the same number of discs from the other person�s collection. If you cannot agree on a trade or if you are a leaf who is unable to burn copies, you can alternatively arrange a B&P (blanks and postage). This means that you send the person who is recording the discs 6 blank CDR�s plus the amount of postage required to return the discs to you (note : it saves considerably on postage costs if you don�t send jewel cases). Alternatively, you may wish to add an extra blank disc or so to compensate for the cost of the postage.

4) When copying discs for someone, please only copy "Disc at once". Never send discs which are not recorded this way, and which have gaps between each track. If you do, this is considered a faulty disc and the recipient has the right to insist on a properly copied disc as a replacement.

5) Please try to send your discs out as fast as possible. Ideally within 72 hours of arranging your trade or receiving the blanks you have been sent. Send your CD�s first class/airmail (if sending overseas). The success or failure of this venture depends on everyone acting promptly as the people you�re sending the discs too may in turn have to supply someone else.

6) Please keep the people immediately below you in your part of the tree informed at all times of the progress of the trade (ie, if you have received your copies of the shows yet, if there will be any delays, when the discs have been mailed out etc). Likewise, the person lower down the tree structure should keep their branch/seed updated as necessary. Please also acknowledge any e-mails � sounds petty I know, but every time we organize a trade there�s always a problem or misunderstanding with someone not answering e-mails and keeping people in the dark.

7) Please remember that these discs are NOT FOR RE-SALE. We�re strict about this. If anyone is re-selling these shows, they�re banned from any future trees. We�re not bootleggers. The whole point of this is to distribute music in a way that the only costs incurred are the price of a few blanks and your postage. We know for a fact that the Stones� management people are watching the web-sites for fans selling unauthorized material such as bootlegs. By circulating these shows this way, we avoid any possible legal problems.

Any problems (hopefully there won�t be!), you can contact me at; [email protected]
13th May 2004 10:38 AM
jb Thanks Martha..
13th May 2004 12:00 PM
Martha Can a member of the Unholy Trinity please "Sticky" this thread for me? Thank you!
13th May 2004 04:23 PM
Factory Girl thank you.
20th May 2004 01:29 PM
jb Thanks Martha.
21st May 2004 01:02 AM
piratekeef Hi,

I'd like to sign up as well. Email sent. This is my first post on the board. Hi everybody.
21st May 2004 12:07 PM
Lazy Bones Hello, piratekeef.

Welcome to the board. Anything that TMR records is worth having! I anxiously await...
21st May 2004 12:09 PM
Martha Welcome to the board piratekeef!

Today is the last day to sign-up for this GREAT 3 show set.
I at this moment have more branches than I do leaves so if you are interested PLEASE sign-up in the way my first message indicates.

jb, this means YOU!

BTW, you are welcome.

peace,
Martha
21st May 2004 01:36 PM
F505 "Bob Dylan in 2003 sounds like the bandleader in a garage band. Dylan's voice sounds both strong and very deep like the old Delta blues singers along the Mississippi shores. So sit back stand up and enjoy the jack of hearts, tearing out all the pain, leaving the fun and joy!"

Have fun!
21st May 2004 01:43 PM
justinkurian F505,

Where's the quote from? I'm looking forward to this set and also seeing Dylan at the Borgata in Atlantic City...
21st May 2004 02:37 PM
F505 Justinkurian, the quote is from a booklet belonging to a boot I bought today: Bob Dylan "You go your way and I'll go mine" (Heineken Music Hall november 11th 2003). And I must say: every word is true.In Amsterdam Dylan produced some of the best rock 'n roll. Especially the version of Cry Awhile cuts down to the bone. Enjoy your concert in Atlantic City!
23rd May 2004 03:12 PM
Martha Hi everybody,

I'm extending the sign-up time until midnight tonight Sunday the 23rd.

I am hoping a few more leaves will come on board since I have plenty of branches to distribute the shows. Please sign-up!

I plan to have the structure posted by Tuesday evening at the very latest. I am off to see Bowie tomorrow, which may put me behind.

I am burning away today.

Thanks to all of you who have signed up. It's a delicious 3-pack set.

TMR....... kudos from Martha! :-)

PS A reminder that Bob's 63rd b-day is tomorrow.
25th May 2004 01:05 PM
Martha Hi Everyone and thanks for signing up for TMR's Dylan in Detroit 3-pack ! The sign-up time is now officially closed.

I've gotten the tree's structure completed and since it is such a small group that are on board I'm choosing to individually e-mail you the structure. Look for that in your inbox later today or this evening.

Right now, I am burning for all the branches and will mail out your packages tomorrow.

Again thanks so much for signing up. :-)

Peace,
Martha
26th May 2004 07:19 PM
Gazza Got my copy of these yesterday.

If he's on this kind of form when I see him again next month, I'm gonna bring an extra pair of socks because the ones I have on will be blown off.

Dylan and his band smoke like Mount Etna during an eruption on these shows. The version of "Get Out Of Denver" which closes the second night is jaw dropping. Bob spits out the lyrics with more venom than a snake.

As for the duet with Jack White of "Ball and Biscuit" which ends the final night...not only will it knock you dead but it will dig you up afterwards and dance on your grave singing 'hallelujah'
27th May 2004 10:46 AM
GimmeExile That's beautiful, Gazza!

I can't wait to get my set...
28th May 2004 11:12 AM
Martha Gazza, if you feel that way from listening to TMR's recordings then you have to know it BLEW my mind to be in Detroit those three nights.

I'll NEVER forget Jack White standing center stage in his all reddish-brown cowboyish outfit, (which matched his new hair color to a tee), his hair covering half his face, parted by his nose, punctuated by a black Fender guitar. That is an image *burned* (no pun intended) forever into my memory. Along with seeing Bob gleefully deliverying lines to "Ball & Biscuit" and knowing full well he was kicking all our R&R asses! He LOVES to pull that shit off! And he DID!

I am so glad you'll be seeing Bob very soon now. Absolutely take that extra pair of socks!

And GET a boot of those shows will ya'? :-)

peace,
Maaaaaaaaartha
28th May 2004 01:29 PM
celtic stone Martha,
Is there artwork available for this show. If so could you post it here.

Cheers!
28th May 2004 10:58 PM
Lazy Bones Got my package today, Martha. Can't wait to get them on! Any word on the 2 Toronto shows from Jeff?

Thanks again!!
30th May 2004 10:42 AM
Martha
quote:
celtic stone wrote:
Martha,
Is there artwork available for this show. If so could you post it here.

Cheers!

I have been remiss in asking someone to do artwork, but will do so over the weekend and hope to have that to offer next week.

Hugs!
30th May 2004 10:46 AM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Got my package today, Martha. Can't wait to get them on! Any word on the 2 Toronto shows from Jeff?

Thanks again!!

I know they are in the bag Lazy, but Jeff's been having trouble with his computer and that has slowed him down a bit with getting shows out. I am damn lucky to have gotten the Detroit shows so soon. He's out there taping every other day besides working full time and transferring everything when he sleeps... LOL. I don't know how he pulls it off. AND he just bought brand new state-of-the-art taping equipment! HOLY CRAP!!! :-)

WORD!
1st June 2004 04:09 PM
Michael
Hi Martha,

Got them just now, and they are playing.

Let me know what I can burn for you.
2nd June 2004 03:54 PM
jb Thanks again Martha.
4th June 2004 01:27 AM
Jack of Hearts I havn,r herd anything since your early acknowldegement Martha. Have i slipped up?
4th June 2004 02:02 PM
Martha
quote:
Michael wrote:

Hi Martha,

Got them just now, and they are playing.

Let me know what I can burn for you.

Just sent my trade choices to your e-mail addy!
4th June 2004 02:13 PM
Martha
quote:
Jack of Hearts wrote:
I havn,r herd anything since your early acknowldegement Martha. Have i slipped up?

No it was me that slipped. I just sent Billy and you an e-mail. If he can take care of you he will, if not it will be me. Sorry about this. Thanks for posting a wake-up reminder for me! And thank you for being so patient.

peace,
Martha
4th June 2004 02:53 PM
celtic stone Martha,

Any word on the artwork for this set????

Cheers!
5th June 2004 10:07 AM
Martha
quote:
celtic stone wrote:
Martha,

Any word on the artwork for this set????

Cheers!

I'll know something soon. :-)

Peace,
Maaaaaartha

PS Bob's tour started up again last night! Who is Stu Kimball and where did Freddie (Fuzzy) Koella go? Anyone??!!!
5th June 2004 12:11 PM
Nellcote Stu has played on several Peter Wolf discs, as well as being part of Peter's band, The Sleepless Travellers
Has also toured with Clapton
Caught him twice last year, and, well, if you should ask, he is---wicked pissa
7th June 2004 12:06 PM
jb gREAT THREAD.
8th June 2004 12:12 PM
jb
Page: 1 2