ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's Little Tree Return to archive
12th July 2006 08:46 PM
GotToRollMe From the Columbus Dispatch:

http://www.dispatch.com/flipside/flipside.php?story=dispatch/2006/07/12/20060712-B10-07.html

Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Early reports of fall were barking up wrong tree

Keith Richards has set the record straight about the tree from which he fell in April, injuring his head badly enough to require surgery to relieve pressure on his brain. At the time, it was reported that the Rolling Stones guitarist fell out of a coconut tree while on vacation in Fiji, but he has now acknowledged that his climbing feats were not so impressive. "If you saw the tree, you would realize the joke," he said. "It certainly was not a coconut tree. It was just a little tree. You wouldn’t believe it if you saw it." Richards was set to return to the stage last night in Milan, Italy, continuing the Stones’ "A Bigger Bang" tour.

And from Yahoo News, Keith's trip to the "garage":

http://au.news.yahoo.com/060712/23/zr05.html

Keith Richards talks about falling from a tree
By 7News

Rolling Stones' guitarist Keith Richards has spoken about falling out of a coconut tree in Fiji six weeks ago.
Richards, 62, had the accident while on holiday during a break in the Stones' world tour.

He then had brain surgery in a New Zealand hospital.

"I bashed my head and went to the garage and came out," he said.

"I realise now it was a little more serious than that."

13th July 2006 12:57 PM
keefkid so wtf...did he fall over it and not from it or what??????

i would bet thats what happened, he tripped over or walked into a little bitty tree (shrub) and wacked his head... but falling out of a coconut tree i guess made a much better story...

i have to believe a little alcohol was involved...

haaa
13th July 2006 01:00 PM
Saint Sway Keith fell off a stump

humiliating
13th July 2006 01:02 PM
keefkid i think its pretty fucking funny...
13th July 2006 02:10 PM
keefkid ahhhhhhhhhh haaaaaaaaaaaa

a shrub!!!!

i knew it...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=KU20OQZPQG13LQFIQMGCFFOAVCBQUIV0?xml=/news/2006/07/13/wstones13.xml
13th July 2006 07:38 PM
GotToRollMe I read somewhere today that Keith said it was indeed a shrub about 5 feet high.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
13th July 2006 07:43 PM
Riffhard
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I read somewhere today that Keith said it was indeed a shrub about 5 feet high.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]

How exactly does one climb a five foot shrub?

Riffy
14th July 2006 01:21 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

Ya got ME swingin'...(pun intended). What I want to know is, WHY would anyone climb a five foot shrub? And what the hell is a five-foot shrub anyway? I thought shrubs were, by definition, short.

Oh fuck this. I'm trying to figure out why Keith Richards does what he does? Somebody roll me a bone please.

14th July 2006 10:05 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

This is crazy. This just adds to the mystery. Maybe he was drunk and tripped over it.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)