ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Best & Worst Album openers (NWC - no Who content Return to archive
12th July 2006 05:06 PM
Saint Sway rank your Top 5 Best & Top 5 Worst Stones album openers

not necessarily the best or worst songs. Just which ones worked perfect as openers and which ones sorta fell flat...

5 Best
1. Gimme Shelter
2. Sympathy
3. Rocks Off
4. Love Is Strong
5. Paint It, Black

5 Worst
1. Sing This Song All Together
2. Sad Sad Sad
3. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
4. Flip The Switch
5. She Said Yeah

fyi.... SMU is a classic opener. Quinessential in many ways. I just happen to be extremely tired of it. So it no longer works for me.
12th July 2006 05:45 PM
pdog I heard a Crowes/Page show. Excellent! I realized Plant sucks... Zep sounded good to me for the first time in 20 years. I regret passing up on seeing this tour...
12th July 2006 06:05 PM
star star 5 Top:
1. Sympathy for the Devil- are the Stones back on top or what.
2. Gimme Shelter- Ominous and haunting- sums up the rest of the album
3. Brown Sugar- Shows the sleazy decadence of the period
4. If You Can't Rock Me- a fun opener, and a surprisingly solid set up for the rest of the album.
5.Rocks Off- they just knew how to open albums during the "golden age"

i cant think of any that would qualify as "bad" openers...dancing with mr d, while i still like this song, is mediocre opening material.
12th July 2006 10:08 PM
FrankiePeppers
The first two songs that came to mind were SMU and Sympathy, but I think One Hit to the Body perfectly trumpeted in the band's new era
12th July 2006 10:25 PM
Nellcote Spelling Polizi coming to your emotional rescue...

It is QUINTESSENTIAL
12th July 2006 10:29 PM
Soldatti 1. SFTD
2. Gimme Shelter
3. Brown Sugar
4. Rocks Off
5. Start Me Up
13th July 2006 10:43 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
FrankiePeppers wrote:

The first two songs that came to mind were SMU and Sympathy, but I think One Hit to the Body perfectly trumpeted in the band's new era

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT?
13th July 2006 10:43 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
FrankiePeppers wrote:

13th July 2006 11:04 AM
Saint Sway One Hit nearly made my Top5 Best!

the songs intro alone is so cool - the way it builds up from Ronnie's acoustic strumming with Charlie's backbeat into Keiths thunderous filthy riffs - that it makes for a great album opener.

definately one of their best
13th July 2006 11:10 AM
Egbert Best: Brown Sugar

Worst: Sing This All Together - On With The Show would've worked better as a segue way between BTB and TSMR. It seems out of place as the closer.

[Edited by Egbert]
13th July 2006 12:23 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
One Hit nearly made my Top5 Best!

the songs intro alone is so cool - the way it builds up from Ronnie's acoustic strumming with Charlie's backbeat into Keiths thunderous filthy riffs - that it makes for a great album opener.

nicely said!
13th July 2006 12:37 PM
Egbert
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
One Hit nearly made my Top5 Best!

Agreed - why One Hit is omitted from their hits comps is beyond me.
13th July 2006 12:47 PM
sirmoonie Agrred, The Who rock!!!

Fuck!!!

Yeah!!

Yes!

Yeah.
13th July 2006 06:16 PM
FrankiePeppers
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

Lighten up Francis. I figured a little shot at Dirty Work would wake you up. I actually like One Hit. Open an Amstel and relax.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)