ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dead Elvis photo may have been destroyed Return to archive
11th July 2006 09:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Dead Elvis photo may have been destroyed

BOCA RATON, Fla., July 11 (UPI) -- The famous picture of Elvis Presley in his coffin may have been among millions of National Enquirer photos destroyed in a Florida anthrax cleanup.

Anthrax spores were found in October 2001 in the former America Media Inc. building where the National Enquirer kept its photo library.

The anthrax killed one man and sickened another and employees were evacuated so quickly, 4.5 million Enquirer photos were left behind -- including the last known photo of the King of Rock 'n' Roll, the Boca Raton (Fla.) News reported.

Clean up crews fumigated then incinerated 8,600 boxes filled with items that were in the abandoned building, health officials said.

There is still a slight chance the Elvis photo survived.

Building owner David Rustine reportedly has possession of a few of the decontaminated boxes -- but the newspaper could not reach him to find out if any of them belonged to the photo library.
12th July 2006 06:13 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Somebody has got that mounted on their wall somewhere. I would have nicked it to if i had worked there
12th July 2006 07:54 AM
Ten Thousand Motels 'Elvis' to rock cathedral aisles
BBC / July 12 2006

Ready to rock: Canon Perran Gay and Johnny Cowling

Truro Cathedral is hoping to boost its congregation by enlisting the aid of an Elvis impersonator.

Former choirboy Johnny Cowling - complete with gold lame jacket and quiff - will be rocking in the aisles on 10 August.

The special event, featuring Elvis' gospel songs, follows line dancing and jazz sessions in the cathedral.

Elvis fan, Canon Perran Gay, said the events were "all authentic ways of getting in touch with God".

'An honour'

He added: "We do not expect this will boost regular worshippers, but people come from time to time for special events."

Mr Cowling said: "At first I thought it was a bit of a wind up.

"Then I thought what an honour it would be to perform in Truro Cathedral."

Mr Cowling added that he had previously sung in St Merryn parish church choir.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12th July 2006 07:59 AM
corgi37 Christ i hated Elvis.
12th July 2006 10:05 AM
Fiji Joe Man...I feel the same way about Russell Crowe...I would love for that panty waste to toss a phone at me...I would kick his kangaroo chasing ass from one end of New South Wales to the other
12th July 2006 10:07 AM
Steel Wheels As long as no rare Stones recordings were hurt in the fire, I say burn it all!
12th July 2006 12:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Christ i hated Elvis.

12th July 2006 12:34 PM
lotsajizz Elvis rocked as only one of the Greats could....the photo was taken by one of his parasite cousins....
12th July 2006 12:41 PM
Maxlugar [quote]corgi37 wrote:
Christ i hated Elvis.

Well sure, I mean when you have a guy like Yahoo Serious in your own backyward, you get spoiled...

"I'm a hunka hunka burnin' dung..."
12th July 2006 12:48 PM
jb The building is but 2.9 miles southeast of my primary domicile.
[Edited by jb]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)