ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Who!!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
11th July 2006 06:32 PM
Scot Rocks Was at T in the Park at the weekend, saw loads of great bands but the Who were absolutely fantastic, blew everyone else away. If you get the chance go and see them. Just shows you never lose your class with age.

ps the campsite toilets at festivals are still as bad as ever!!
11th July 2006 06:59 PM
Joey " Was at T in the Park at the weekend, saw loads of great bands but the Who were absolutely fantastic, blew everyone else away. If you get the chance go and see them. Just shows you never lose your class with age. "

Amen ! Thank You

" the campsite toilets at festivals are still as bad as ever!! "

Shiver ................

11th July 2006 08:30 PM
sirmoonie The Who!
12th July 2006 09:09 AM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
The Who!

Mongo .

Quado ---- Blows Doors !
12th July 2006 09:51 AM
Jumping Jack If they do joint shows and Pete guests on a Stones song which one would it be?

I am partial to trains myself, and would love them to do 5:15 and All Down The Line together and back to back. I might have a freaking heart attack on the spot!
12th July 2006 09:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
If they do joint shows and Pete guests on a Stones song which one would it be?

I vote for "I'd Much Rather Be With The Boys" - only to read IanBillen's reaction!
12th July 2006 10:02 AM
Jumping Jack Perhaps revive the cock dance as a tribute to Billy P, LOL?
12th July 2006 10:08 AM
Steel Wheels Not Fade Away would be a good one for them to cover.
12th July 2006 10:11 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

I am partial to trains myself, and would love them to do 5:15 and All Down The Line together and back to back. I might have a freaking heart attack on the spot!

Yes , 5:15 !!!!!
12th July 2006 10:23 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

I think it should be one of the Stones songs they actually covered at the time. I've heard their version of Under My Thumb but think it's terrible. What’s The Who's version of The Last Time like?
12th July 2006 10:29 AM
jb Love the Who, but lets not forget this is a Stones site...they are 2nd best, but must never be put in same category as Stones.....I shall see them at Mizner Park if they come as has been rumored.....The Stones must not play with them as too many people will say "Who blew them away"....It is not a good idea as they have 2nd guitar player who , unlike RW, can play extremelt well...and of coures Pete, who has turned the volume way up since the late 90's................................>
12th July 2006 10:30 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I would hate to see Pete go anywhere near a stones tune.
I think the guy is a mug and very overrated (Sorry Joey).

Now if the Stones were doing what the Who are doing now, eg Only 2 original members and still flogging a dead horse, then I would have some serious problems.
12th July 2006 10:35 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
The Stones must not play with them as too many people will say "Who blew them away"....It is not a good idea as they have 2nd guitar player who , unlike RW, can play extremelt well...and of coures Pete, who has turned the volume way up since the late 90's................................>

Well Said my Florida living brother ...

Come to Joeykins !

12th July 2006 10:40 AM
jb Thanks Joey..I printed those pictures with photo print paper and they hang next to my autographed picture of the Stones circa 1979.......................I love the Who(2nd greatest ever) ; I just hated it in 82 when they played the T Bowl in Orlando and all my friends said they were much better than the Stones who played in late 81 at same venue...I was embarrassed and kept having to say "Stones much better".
[Edited by jb]
12th July 2006 10:45 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
...I was embarrassed and kept having to say "Stones much better".

12th July 2006 11:00 AM
Jumping Jack RNR Circus = Concert For NYC = Hallifax/Glendale 06 = HUMILIATION???
12th July 2006 11:08 AM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
RNR Circus = Concert For NYC = Hallifax/Glendale 06 = HUMILIATION???

Yes...the Who alwasy have performed very well contrasted with the Stones at these live events...While the Who are not recognized aby many as one of the greatest bands ever(2nd best imo), they turn it up a bit whenever they know Jagger and company on same bill....Pete loves doing this to his friends...
12th July 2006 11:25 AM
Jumping Jack The Stones will need to take their game to the next level like the Miami Heat!
12th July 2006 11:30 AM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The Stones will need to take their game to the next level like the Miami Heat!

Ain't going to happen.....The Who, like LZ, has a lot of heavy guitar themed anthems..the Stones, by and large, are rhythm and blues ....most yoiung people like the loud, frenzied guitar sounds, compared to the subtle use of strings by the Stones..........People get very excited when Pete does the windmill....Keith is not like that....The only weakness the Who has is a lack of any real songwriting in 30 years and Roger can't hold the notes very long(the twirling of the mike cord is also a bit annoying). The Who=Pete Townend.
12th July 2006 11:37 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Pete loves doing this to his friends...

12th July 2006 12:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes...the Who alwasy have performed very well contrasted with the Stones at these live events

The Stones didnt play at the Concert for New York...
12th July 2006 12:33 PM
jb That 9/11 thing were Mick and Keith did a crappy job with Miss You and Salt of the Earth..
12th July 2006 12:56 PM
Jumping Jack Pete nicked the windmill from Keef.

Once upon a time, long, long ago, the Stones also had a "frenzied guitar sound".
12th July 2006 01:04 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Pete nicked the windmill from Keef.

Once upon a time, long, long ago, the Stones also had a "frenzied guitar sound".

True...................................
12th July 2006 01:07 PM
Some Guy Stones need to bring their A Game... don't f*ck wit da oooo!
12th July 2006 01:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
That 9/11 thing were Mick and Keith did a crappy job with Miss You and Salt of the Earth..

I know what it was. I watched it live on Tv. However, it wasnt the Stones. It was a Mick Jagger solo appearance, which Keith decided to gatecrash at 24 hours notice. Had he got his arse into gear a while earlier, we'd probably have had the Stones headlining the event (as they should have done) and blowing away every other act on the bill. You know that as well as I do.

A missed opportunity due to Keith's hesitation (as was Live Aid, which he blew off having the Stones play at "because he doesnt trust big charity events" - and then proceeded to turn up at anyway with Woody for that 'appearance' with Dylan)

'Miss you' was as cheesy as you would have expected with any backing band that Paul Shaffer is involved with, but "Salt of the earth" was quite wonderful. And for sheer impact, Keith's unannounced appearance onstage with Mick was unforgettable.
12th July 2006 01:16 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
And for sheer impact, Keith's unannounced appearance onstage with Mick was unforgettable.

Anyone else get the feeling that is standard for Keith nowadays?
12th July 2006 01:16 PM
jb Thank you Gazza-I ageree. Now, the Who clearly stole that evening andf they were wonderful...I love the Who. It is amazing that one man(Pete) alomne wrote so man y anthems for a generation!!! Yet, he is the "least well off" of all the legendary artists of the 60's(only worth approx 30 million!!!).
As far as the Stones and these events, they are never on!!! I was so embarrassed by Live Aid, the 9/11 thing, MTV award apperences, etc....Also, why is Keith such a grumpy person(same for Charlie). While Mick is a calculatin prick, he certainly does not come off grumpy, and despite his lack of guitar skills, Ronnie is as nice a bloke you want to meet...Why did KR become so old and crabby???(see Charlie as well).
12th July 2006 01:19 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Why did KR become so old and crabby???(see Charlie as well).

When your ass is constantly being tongued by schmoozers, loosers and whores you get a little cranky!
12th July 2006 01:21 PM
Jumping Jack Pete gives a lot his money to charity. (see CDs and DVDs)

Bono gives American taxpayer money to Africa.

I give my money to the Rolling Stones, my favorite worthy cause.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)