ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the who to announce u.s. dates tomorrow Return to archive Page: 1 2
11th July 2006 10:28 AM
Rolling1 from pete townshend web page today "Flying to Cologne tomorrow for a show in Bonn, then on to Berlin where we plan to have a webcast press launch for our U.S tour this Autumn. Off to bed now, it’s nearly 4.00 am, about the time some of my home’s previous occupants would have their afternoon tea."
11th July 2006 12:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Rolling1 wrote:
from pete townshend web page today "Flying to Cologne tomorrow for a show in Bonn, then on to Berlin where we plan to have a webcast press launch for our U.S tour this Autumn. Off to bed now, it’s nearly 4.00 am, about the time some of my home’s previous occupants would have their afternoon tea."

This may either confirm, or put to bed the rumors of the Stones/Who dates in the fall.
11th July 2006 12:02 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Just heard on Ottawa radio of a major concert announcement for the city. Easy to guess it was for a Who show in Ottawa because Baba O'Riley was playing in the background. May have to get tix for this one.
11th July 2006 12:02 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

This may either confirm, or put to bed the rumors of the Stones/Who dates in the fall.

Announcement of Aerosmith dates didn't seem to put those rumors to rest even though they have dates scheduled the same days as some of the rumored Stones gigs.
11th July 2006 12:03 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Bold statement/prediction.
11th July 2006 12:25 PM
jb sales will be flat in many areas.....
11th July 2006 12:26 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
sales will be flat in many areas.....

My Ass
11th July 2006 12:28 PM
Joey
quote:
Rolling1 wrote:
from pete townshend web page today "Flying to Cologne tomorrow for a show in Bonn, then on to Berlin where we plan to have a webcast press launch for our U.S tour this Autumn. Off to bed now, it’s nearly 4.00 am, about the time some of my home’s previous occupants would have their afternoon tea."

Bless You !
11th July 2006 12:30 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Rolling1 wrote:

is he referring to WOODY?
11th July 2006 12:39 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

You SHALL be greeted this fall .

Excitable Joe
11th July 2006 12:42 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
Just heard on Ottawa radio...

Was it CHEZ or The BEAR?
11th July 2006 12:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

Announcement of Aerosmith dates didn't seem to put those rumors to rest even though they have dates scheduled the same days as some of the rumored Stones gigs.

Some people will not beleive facts no matter how concrete they are. Regardless of what you and I have said...many think Aerosmith is going to reschedule their tour to accomodate Jacob and Mick
11th July 2006 12:49 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Some people will not beleive facts no matter how concrete they are. Regardless of what you and I have said...many think Aerosmith is going to reschedule their tour to accomodate Jacob and Mick

It will a little tougher than usual though - its a coheadline affair with Motley Crue with the promotors only buying the whole package. I think screwing Motley Crue out of their contracted gig AND the $400,000 they are getting paid will not get the tour off to a good start.

Not to mention Aero dates were only finalized a few weeks ago long after the proposed date for Halifax was leaked which leads me to believe they turned it down for whatever reason. My guess is The Who were chosen as an alternative to Aerosmith, not in addition.
11th July 2006 12:52 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Was it CHEZ or The BEAR?

It was BOB of all stations.
11th July 2006 12:56 PM
Maxlugar I trust everyone had a good "Silence Day"?

11th July 2006 12:57 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:

My Ass

Ticket sales for everyone are down, across the board. Tom Petty is doing good though less than the 100% of last year as is Journey/Def Leppard and a couple of country tours. Everything else is doing less than expected. Not sure how The Who will do since they haven't done a full US tour since 2002 and they are playing a lot of markets this time they either haven't played in a long time or haven't played at all.
11th July 2006 01:24 PM
jb Other than Madonna, all sales are down..While the Who are 2nd greatest band ever, I see problems in arenas...they must stick to 8-12 seat outside venues(see Mizner Park).
11th July 2006 01:29 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
Other than Madonna, all sales are down..While the Who are 2nd greatest band ever, I see problems in arenas...they must stick to 8-12 seat outside venues(see Mizner Park).

Oct 5 GM Place in Vancouver
11th July 2006 01:31 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
Dan wrote:

Ticket sales for everyone are down, across the board. Tom Petty is doing good though less than the 100% of last year as is Journey/Def Leppard and a couple of country tours. Everything else is doing less than expected. Not sure how The Who will do since they haven't done a full US tour since 2002 and they are playing a lot of markets this time they either haven't played in a long time or haven't played at all.

Pearl Jam (great show at the Forum last night, btw) and RHCP tours are doing very well...I think Roger Waters is doing well (sales might pick up with Syd Barrett's death generating Floyd nostalgia).
11th July 2006 01:38 PM
Dan
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

Pearl Jam (great show at the Forum last night, btw) and RHCP tours are doing very well...I think Roger Waters is doing well (sales might pick up with Syd Barrett's death generating Floyd nostalgia).

Almost anyone can do well in LA though. There have been a few less than stellar attendeded Pearl Jam shows. Sure RHCP and Roger Waters will do well across the board but those two are mostly fall tours. This summer there are a lot of major flops and shed owners are booking anything, even club level acts with free and discounted tickets just to fulfill contractual obligations. Totally forgot about the Pearl Jam shows which I was somewhat considering attending.
11th July 2006 01:38 PM
jb Look for Who sales to be good on major markets and some average in others...average imo 10,980-12, 766.
11th July 2006 01:44 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

I see problems in arenas...

You make Joey cry like baby .

www.QwestCenter.com

11th July 2006 01:47 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

Perks ...................

Pete has informed me that he does not particularly care for your avatar .

" I don’t know why I feel the need to write this diary – it is nearly three in the morning, I have just finished another Kurt Wallander crime novel by the Swedish writer Henning Mankell, and perhaps the bleakness of his life as a policeman and the tragic events in the story – murders of young people in bizarre circumstances – strikes me in some deep way?

I am nervous now about writing the truth here. I know that not only fans read these diaries. Journalists looking for a few lines they can turn into some kind of story come here, and not always with detachment – some are most certainly out to get me, as though “they” didn’t do that already. Friends come here, including friends I rarely see today, mutual friends of one or two mutual friends that have lately died, and that I have been unable to honour by attending a funeral because I am on tour. At least my mother hasn’t got a bloody computer. But even she reads the newspapers to find out where I am, and what I’m thinking. Fans come here too of course, benign and unconditionally friendly, with – at worst – a wish-list for themselves, for the Who, and for me. "

11th July 2006 02:13 PM
Jumping Jack My sources say Nov 22, Gwinnett Arena.

Engineers are checking the structual integrity of the roof as we speak.

The doors and my hearing are expected to be damaged.

The world as we know it will be forever changed.

Who, who, who, who ...

WTFAY?
11th July 2006 02:20 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
My sources say Nov 22, Gwinnett Arena.

Engineers are checking the structual integrity of the roof as we speak.

The doors and my hearing are expected to be damaged.

The world as we know it will be forever changed.

Who, who, who, who ...

WTFAY?

I think the fact that prices will be reasonable will aide in ensuring no 6k seat venues(sans Mizner Park)
11th July 2006 03:18 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

I think the fact that prices will be reasonable will aide in ensuring no 6k seat venues(sans Mizner Park)

I would like to nuzzle you

11th July 2006 03:25 PM
Some Guy Anyone heard the new stuff?>
11th July 2006 03:33 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Anyone heard the new stuff?>

No .

11th July 2006 03:34 PM
Some Guy When does the album drop?
11th July 2006 03:45 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
When does the album drop?

After SOL is played in Milan..huge rush to buy anything else.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)