ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Milan press conference videos Return to archive
11th July 2006 05:50 AM
Jeep Choose your channel and click on the pictures !

TG1 :

TG2 :

TG5 :

(there is a video behind this black rectangle !)

TGR Lombardia :

11th July 2006 06:13 AM
ListenToTheLion These Italians are fond of hearing themselves speak. Must be a national disease.
I hardly hear Jagger say something!
[Edited by ListenToTheLion]
11th July 2006 07:53 AM
Jeep
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
These Italians are fond of hearing themselves speak. Must be a national disease.
I hardly hear Jagger say something!

OK, here's another link with only english words !

http://a796.v165446.c16544.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/796/16544/v001/roomediaco1.download.akamai.com/16544/wm.roomedia/81/81275_300.wmv
11th July 2006 08:29 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Jeep!
11th July 2006 09:19 AM
Gazza For those of you in the UK, an interview with Keith (presumably edited from the press conference) was shown on the ITV lunchtime news today - so maybe it'll be repeated in other broadcasts later
11th July 2006 03:45 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jeep wrote:
Choose your channel and click on the pictures !

which one is of the Argentinian tent press conference??!!??

I still eagerly await the transcripts...
11th July 2006 09:31 PM
Soldatti Great videos Jeep.
11th July 2006 11:44 PM
mickmask Thanks again Jeep.
A little panicky?....Jagger's so suave.

mm.
12th July 2006 06:11 AM
Jeep Two other videos from CBS where Keith is speaking more (english only - the sound drops are on the video feed):

Here's the transcript given by AP for this press conference :

-------------------------------------

AP Entertainment - Italy, Milan
July 10, 2006
1. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards walK on stage at press conference
UPSOUND Mick Jagger:
"Thank you very much. Ladies and gentlemen thank you very much for coming, it's very nice to see you all.
We're very pleased to be back in Italy, our first show of our European tour. We're very sorry that it's been slightly delayed and we're sorry for the inconvenience it's caused anyone especially the press we know never to inconvenience them but more to the people who bought the tickets. But we're very much looking forward to starting the tour of Europe on tuesday tomorrow, in Milan."
And congratulations on a wonderful match last night, I'm sure you all watched. Well done.
What as the score? I dunno, but I think Keith would like to say a few words."
UPSOUND Keith Richards: "I'd like to answer a few questions. I feel great. I can't wait to get back on the stage again basically everything's cool."

July 10, 2006
5. Press conference
SOUNDBITE: Reporter Q. "Coming back to the brain op, were you scared, did you think you were going to die?"
Keith Richards: "Good one girl....No, they put me out like a light you know. But I remember making the decision to go ahead and do it and I was surprised myself, usually I'd be hanging from the ceiling at the idea of brain surgery, you know but I had total confidence and when you've got to do it you'd got to do it. And I woke up, I was pissed off when they woke me up because I had such a great sleep you know."

July 10, 2006
7. SOUNDBITE (Keith Richards)
"As far as I know i believe I'm doing a week or so in September. That's the story that's what I'm told by the newspapers, that's what johnny says so yeah."
Reporter Q: " I'm also curious to know, I read that Johnny Depp was saying about his character that be based it on traits from you..what do you think of that?"
Keith Richards: "Yeah I though it was pretty great. It suddenly answered the question as to why he paid for all those dinners... "
8. Mick Jagger talking to reporters
9. SOUNDBITE: Mick Jagger:
Reporter Q: "How are you feeling? You're back!"
SOUNDBITE: Mick Jagger: "I'm really good. I've been training away, singing, practising and playing guitars and harmonicas and all that sort of thing."
Reporter Q: "Now you late played here in 1982 which is of course..
SOUNDBITE: Mick Jagger: "It's not actually it was 3 years ago."
Reporter Q: "Forgive me, but last time you were here Italy won."
SOUNDBITE: Mick Jagger: "Well we were actually here when Italy won the world cup in 1982 and I got the score right then but i didn't get it right now."
Reporter Q: "You must be the good luck for italy in the world cup?"
SOUNDBITE: Mick Jagger: "Oh no.. "
Reporter Q: "When you heard the news about keith richards, of course you were mid tour.."
SOUNDBITE: Mick Jagger: "I was on a break actually.."
Reporter Q: did you think oh no, this is the end?
SOUNDBITE: Mick Jagger: No i didn't really, At that time I didn't really know how bad it was. I was in a pretty remote jungle in southeast asia, so no i didn't think the worst to start off with, you never think the worst you always look and see how it's going to be. It was all a bit panicky at the time lost of people panicked.
Reporter Q: Are you more nervous about it because of a break?
SOUNDBITE: Mick Jagger: "No, I'm not nervous about it."
Reporter Q: "Do you get nervous still?"
SOUNDBITE: Mick Jagger: "I never get nervous, but the beginning of a tour can be a bit nerve wracking cause you never know how it's going to be, it's not just how you are its about how it sounds if the lights are going to work etc.. I mean there's a lot but once you've done the first show.. It's a bit anxious the first show or two."
Reporter Q: You've done lots of things, you've played the super bowl you've played Rio the biggest concert ever, you've played China you've broken all these records - is this it? I mean how can you eclipse what you've achieved?
SOUNDBITE: Mick Jagger: "You just do different things. My comments is that people are easily impressed by numbers but they were pretty good. Sometimes my most satisfying moments on tour is not necessarily playing to the most people, it's the actual show, or just having a great time. You know not every night is a big moment life is different to that so you know the whole thing is supposed to be enjoyable. Every day has it's own highlights. I'm really looking forward to touring Europe."
10. Keith Richards talking to reporters.
11. SOUNDBITE: Reporter Q: "Hello Keith, very nice to see you. How are you feeling how does it feel to be here at this moment did you ever think it was going to come?"
SOUNDBITE: Keith Richards: "Honestly I feel totally normal. Whatever that means. Laughs. I feel great. It was like ouch I bashed my head and went to the garage and came out the other end although I realise now the it was a little more serious than that. I tell you what it was an experience."
Reporter Q: "Were you surprised at the reaction? Cause it was headline news and this and that..."
SOUNDBITE: Keith Richards: "Yes, I cold blooded about it. You know when you've got to do something you've got to do something. The idea of brain surgery to me was like I could cling to paint on the ceiling you know.. When push comes to shove we shove."
Reporter Q: "So you've come through that fairly arduous period of your life. You're back on stage. Are you going to temper you behaviour a bit settled down?"
SOUNDBITE: Keith Richards: "Well I know I've never done cart wheels so you know, I'll obviously be feeling my way a bit, you know first show in a big stadium. We've been rehearsing and rehearsals are much harder work that the actual show, although it helps with people and bless their hearts for being there. No actually I can't wait."
Reporter Q: "Are you more excited about this having been through this?"
SOUNDBITE: Keith Richards: "Well after going through this.. Weird... It wasn't a vacation I had planned. So.."
Reporter Q: "More excited, more nervous? "
SOUNDBITE: Keith Richards: "Yeah, I don't know about nerves. Nerves are a weird thing with me they display themselves in very different ways. It's like the tiger out of the cage really. You know more excited than anything else. But I know other peoples eyes are going to be one me a little more than usual. So.. My own eyes are on myself. Otherwise, cool, as I say if you can get through a Stones rehearsal you can easily do a show."
Reporter Q: "Now you've done some ground-breaking things on tour as a band - Rio, China.."
SOUNDBITE: Keith Richards: "I though you were going to say head breaking!"
Reporter Q: "Well that too..What else can you do when it comes to touring?"
SOUNDBITE: Keith Richards:What can they throw at us, I mean we're up for anything. This tour has been amazing the sheer scale of it I mean hey we're used to working big but this is like, enough to get your head examined - again."

"EVERYTHINGS COOL" SAYS KEITH RICHARDS ON THE EVE OF STONES FIRST GIG

On the eve of relaunching the Rolling Stones European tour, guitarist Keith Richards said Monday he has recovered completely from a head injury suffered in a fall and shrugged off a question about whether he had worried about dying.

"I feel great. I can't wait to get back on the stage again. Basically everything is cool," Richards, 62, said in his first comments since he fell from a tree April 27 while vacationing in Fiji, forcing the Rolling Stones to postpone their European tour.

He later had surgery in New Zealand to relieve pressure on his brain.

"Of course they put me out like a light. I was surprised myself. ... I had total comfort. When you got to do it, you got to do it," Richards said, adding: "I was pissed off when they woke me up because I was in such a good sleep."

With Richards returned to health, the Rolling Stones resume their "A Bigger Bang" tour on Tuesday at Milan's San Siro stadium. The 21-date tour wraps up Sept. 3 in Denmark.

Asked what he's been doing since the fall, Richards responded: "I recovered. ... Six weeks, I mean not bad for a brain job."

Did he ever worry about dying? "Good one," he said, good-naturedly.

The band was in a jovial mood and when the inevitable question came - What was Richards doing up in a coconut tree, as reported, and did he find what he wanted? Everyone was ready to set the record straight.

If you saw the tree, you'd realise the joke, he said.

Fiji is not just made of coconut trees. It was a little tree, Richards said, without naming it.

Bandmates Mick Jagger and Ronnie Wood were eager to illustrate the point, however, indicating a height less than half of Richards.

Richards also confirmed his role in the third installment of the "pirates of the Caribbean" series, saying he had be filming for a week or so in September. Richards is to have a cameo role as the father of the flamboyant Captain Jack Sparrow, played by Johnny Depp.

"Now I know why (Depp) paid for all those lunches," Richards dead panned.

Asked what success meant to the Rolling Stones after 44 years, Richards responded:

"The opportunity to continue." His band mates nodded in agreement.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)