ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Baker:: "No more Cream reunions." Return to archive
10th July 2006 03:28 AM
Ten Thousand Motels BAKER: 'NO MORE CREAM REUNIONS'

Legendary drummer GINGER BAKER insists he will never agree to another reunion of 1960s supergroup CREAM, because he can't stand to be the same stage as frontman JACK BRUCE. The SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE star insists Bruce has a split personality, and has dubbed his personas DR JEKYLL and MR HYDE after the famous book by ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON. Baker was thrilled to take to the stage with Bruce and guitarist ERIC CLAPTON last year (05) in London, because it felt like a return to their heyday, but subsequent shows in New York City proved less enjoyable thanks to Bruce's behaviour. He says, "When he's Dr Jekyll, he's fine... it's when he's Mr Hyde that he's not. "I tell you this - there won't ever be anymore Cream gigs because he did Mr Hyde in New York last year. "He shouted at me on stage and turned up his bass so loud that he deafened me on the first gig. That was the end. "The Albert Hall gig was like 1966 - wonderful. And the first night in New York, Jack became Mr Hyde. He sort of took over, and he played so loud it was ridiculous."
10/07/2006 07:42
contactmusic.com

10th July 2006 11:58 AM
gimmekeef Gee and old Ginger is so even keeled......
10th July 2006 06:07 PM
kath LOL!!!!

yeah, gawd knows ginger never did anything weird.

well, i think jack bruse is circling the drain, isn't he? didn't he have a liver or kidney transplant or something which is why he is that weird color, and that kind of illness can fuck up your thinking and your personality.

too bad. i did get a nice bootleg dvd of the msg concert, and it was quite good. it's a shame we won't be hearing from them again.
10th July 2006 09:38 PM
the good Screw Ginger Baker. He looks like a Martian and sounds like an illiterate DR Seuss when he tries to sing and play drums at the same time.
11th July 2006 12:15 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
the good wrote:
Screw Ginger Baker. He looks like a Martian and sounds like an illiterate DR Seuss when he tries to sing and play drums at the same time.

THE BEST DRUMMER...EVEN CHARLIE SAYS SO
11th July 2006 04:14 AM
Zack Perks, I happen to be aware Joey does not particularly care for your avatar.

Ginger must have made enough money on the New York shows.
11th July 2006 04:12 PM
MrPleasant So, what do Ginger and lousy black coffee have in common?

They make you throw up!!

Nah, just kidding

They make you wanna run after some pussy after a fifteen minutes drum solo!!!! And kill the pussy!! Kill Kill Kill!!!!!!
11th July 2006 09:32 PM
kath ginger was and is one of the best drummers around. yes, it's true, even charlie thinks so.

11th July 2006 09:44 PM
the good
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

THE BEST DRUMMER...EVEN CHARLIE SAYS SO

What does that mean? He still sounds like an ass when he tries to sing and play at the same time. He isn't God.

Dude, good drummers, good guitar players, good singers, are all a dime a dozen. There are thousands of them. Yeah, Ginger is a great drummer. Big deal. I have played with guys who are great drummers. I'll bet if I had a recording of Baker and a couple of the guys I have played with you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
11th July 2006 09:47 PM
Riffhard You guys can rip on Ginger all you want,but the fact is that everything that he said concerning Jack Bruce is true. Jack Bruce is,and always has been,a major league asswipe! It's true!

Riffy
11th July 2006 11:17 PM
Lethargy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Gee and old Ginger is so even keeled......

No kidding. From what I hear he's pretty much a confirmed psycho as well. Guess it's all relative.
12th July 2006 01:02 AM
voodoopug Aside from Clapton, they looked like they were near death
12th July 2006 02:30 AM
pdog In Alaska a Bison stopped, looked off gazingly, then resumed eating twigs and leaves!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)