ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shattered Off SNL 1978 Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th July 2006 01:59 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

That was funny. Mick, trying to be up with the times as always, kinda sang like his throat was blown out like the punk rockers of the day.

Ian

Nah, I think his voice WAS blown out (for whatever reason). In fact, every time they played SNL his voice seemed shot...and he wasn't the only one...I seem to remember other performers having vocal problems during SNL performances (can't recall any specifics right now, but I remember thinking of it as the "SNL hex").

8th July 2006 03:20 PM
Paranoid_Android I never realized that this song was able to be played well live.
8th July 2006 03:22 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Joey wrote:

1981 was pretty damn good ( see : 2005 / 2006 too )

1981, good? What did I miss...all I can recall is Tattoo You and a horrible sounding Jagger in concert...
8th July 2006 07:28 PM
texile
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Yeah you can see the sniffles and jawrunner pretty clearly. It was probably the first time I was officially "allowed" to stay up to watch SNL.

ditto...
growing up with am top 40 - it was like a bolt of lightning for me -
they were sloppy and jagger was incoherent and manic -
but it was the most real thing id ever witnessed.
i FELT the energy...
12th July 2006 11:18 AM
duck Thats about as good as it gets. I read somewhere that they partied so hard that week that keith about killed belushi.
12th July 2006 04:21 PM
lotsajizz 1981 was the worst
12th July 2006 04:24 PM
Shawn20 When you listen to SNL rehearsals Jagger's voice sound fine. It seems as if he blew it out during those rehearsals. I recall reading in Rolling Stone in 1978 that the Stones rehearsed for 12 straight hours for the 3 songs they played.
13th July 2006 02:52 AM
stonedinaustralia i have the SNL rehearsals on tape and yes mick was in much better voice for them

wouldn't surprise me if rehearsals went that long on the tape i have there's multiple versions of respectable and shattered and a jam on beast that goes on forever

great stuff tho!!

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)