ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shattered Off SNL 1978 Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th July 2006 11:20 AM
duck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmsXCcQTXZg
6th July 2006 11:23 AM
jb funny!
6th July 2006 11:25 AM
pdog Everytime I see the Stones on SNL, I can taste cocaine in the back of my throat.
6th July 2006 11:25 AM
jb funny
6th July 2006 11:27 AM
Some Guy when we were kings!
6th July 2006 11:29 AM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
when we were kings!

funny
6th July 2006 12:19 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
pdog wrote:
Everytime I see the Stones on SNL, I can taste cocaine in the back of my throat.

THAT'S PROBABLY SEMEN YOU ARE TASTING
6th July 2006 02:18 PM
texile
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
when we were kings!

yeah - this was my first taste of the stones and it literally blew me away...
i was ALIVE!
6th July 2006 02:22 PM
nankerphelge That was the first time I ever saw them live too.
6th July 2006 02:36 PM
tumbling dice
Mick got a snort of a real good cocaine and became hoarse.I love the performance anyway
6th July 2006 02:40 PM
monkey_man Yeah you can see the sniffles and jawrunner pretty clearly. It was probably the first time I was officially "allowed" to stay up to watch SNL.
6th July 2006 02:41 PM
Joey " Everytime I see the Stones on SNL, I can taste cocaine in the back of my throat."

< ------- Funny !
6th July 2006 02:47 PM
jb Last great Stones....post 78, everything really sucked.
6th July 2006 03:00 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Last great Stones....post 78, everything really sucked.

1981 was pretty damn good ( see : 2005 / 2006 too )
6th July 2006 03:27 PM
the good
quote:
jb wrote:
Last great Stones....post 78, everything really sucked.

The 81 tour gets no respect on this board! A great tour behind a great album. And Mick was never better than he was in 81. A pouting, strutting, and charismatic superstar who had the crowd in the palm of his hand. That's when Mick was at the height of his powers.
6th July 2006 04:42 PM
Some Guy Did they do another song that night??
6th July 2006 04:52 PM
mrhipfl That's some mean bass playing right there.
6th July 2006 04:57 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
the good wrote:

The 81 tour gets no respect on this board! A great tour behind a great album. And Mick was never better than he was in 81. A pouting, strutting, and charismatic superstar who had the crowd in the palm of his hand. That's when Mick was at the height of his powers.

I'm inclined to agree. I've really enjoyed attending the tours since but from what I've seen of the 81 tour it had a raw feel to it that I think got lost. Mick was outstanding in 81 I think.
* This is coming from a guy who never saw that tour in person, mind you. I've only seen and heard the bootleg shows and feel I really missed out on seeing them live when it was still a bit like reckless rock and roll. IMO, of course.
6th July 2006 05:12 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Did they do another song that night??

I think they did Beast of Burden also. If I'm not mistaken, the Stones did three songs, but I can't remember the third.
6th July 2006 05:13 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Trey Krimsin wrote:

I think they did Beast of Burden also. If I'm not mistaken, the Stones did three songs, but I can't remember the third.

it'd be mighty cool to see those on u-tube.
6th July 2006 05:37 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
when we were kings!

You said it, buddy. It was a VERY good year.
By the way, the third song they did was "Respectable."
6th July 2006 05:57 PM
Joey
quote:
the good wrote:

I absolutely LOVE the 1981 Tour . Whenever I hear anything from Hampton '81 I get that " The Party has just started Feeling " . Indeed , I hear barkers and see colored balloons falling down all around me .

Jazzy !
6th July 2006 06:11 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

I absolutely LOVE the 1981 Tour . Whenever I hear anything from Hampton '81 I get that " The Party has just started Feeling " . Indeed , I hear barkers and see colored balloons falling down all around me .

Jazzy !

Now that is what the boys over at www.NebraskaCoeds and pig farmers.com
call postin.
[Edited by Some Guy]
[Edited by Some Guy]
6th July 2006 08:57 PM
Funky Crow IMHO.
Two very different, yet great albums (ER and TY) in their own way, being toured at the same time and with a vengence.
Watching Keith during the Hampton show... slowly taking off his guitar to smack bobo in the head, and then slip his Tele back on and continue playing.
Like he was even in tune?
Doesn't matter.
Don't F*ck with the band!
The shows were polished yet raw. Gritty and sloppy, with moments of genius.
It wasn't '72 or '69, but it was pretty darn close.

Amen
6th July 2006 09:05 PM
Poison Dart If the Stones were that bad/cheesy on national tv today they would be crucified in the media.

6th July 2006 09:35 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
If the Stones were that bad/cheesy on national tv today they would be crucified in the media.

they were crucified back then too.
6th July 2006 10:32 PM
the good
quote:
Joey wrote:

Jazzy !

Hell yeah. One of my all time favorite stones moments is when they tear into under my thumb and the crowd goes crazy. Its live Rock and Roll at its best.
6th July 2006 10:34 PM
Egbert Who gives a rats fucking ass what the media thinks?

For 2-3 days after 9/11 the media (NBC - I can't say about the others) were reporting the death toll at the WTC could reach 20K. Totally irresponsible. I'm still pissed about that.
7th July 2006 12:06 AM
IanBillen
That was funny. Mick, trying to be up with the times as always, kinda sang like his throat was blown out like the punk rockers of the day.

Ian
7th July 2006 12:50 AM
Bitch In the video it does look and sound like MICK is coked up and sloppy, lol. I love the way he flickers his tongue SHIDOOBEE and rips his shirt into tatters. MICK doesn't just sing a song he performs it.

and

The 1981 Tour rocked! The STONES were at a peak and a high point, and the audience was really high too, lol. One of the best concerts ever was 1981 in Philadelphia. Incredibly hot!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)