ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STU!!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Uh oh... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
07-02-03 03:10 PM
nankerphelge Regular cannabis users 'at greater risk of mental illness'

Regular cannabis users are at greater risk of developing mental illness later in life, according to research.

One study found that the risk was seven times higher for heavy users, said Professor Robin Murray of the Institute of Psychiatry in London.

Speaking at the Royal College of Psychiatrists' annual conference in Edinburgh, he said: "In the last 18 months a number of studies have confirmed that cannabis consumption acts to increase later risk of schizophrenia. This research must not be ignored."

The findings come as the Government prepares to downgrade cannabis from a Class B to Class C drug next year.

Most people caught in possession of a small amount will have the drugs confiscated and receive a reprimand or warning, the Home Office has said.

According to a Government fact sheet, cannabis "can cause psychotic reactions amongst individuals with mental health problems", but it does not suggest use of the drug can prompt those problems.

For his study, Professor Murray reviewed research in Sweden, Holland and New Zealand.

A recent Dutch study of 4,000 people in the general population showed that those taking large amounts of cannabis were almost seven times more likely to have psychotic symptoms three years later.

Another study, in 1987, of 50,000 Swedish Army conscripts, found that those who admitted at age 18 to having taken cannabis on more than 50 occasions, were six times more likely to develop schizophrenia in the following 15 years.

Professor Murray said these findings had been largely ignored.
07-02-03 03:22 PM
nankerphelge I wouldn't worry about it nanky -- that story's old as hell -- Reefer Madness horseshit!

Not a worry!
07-02-03 03:22 PM
nankerphelge I dunno -- sounds pretty scientific to me. This isn't some half-baked study -- these people know what they are doing!
07-02-03 03:23 PM
nankerphelge Bullshit, all of it. I wouldn't give it a second thought.
07-02-03 03:23 PM
nankerphelge Give what a second thought?
07-02-03 03:37 PM
Lambchop I was in your dream last night. Why were you wearing that orange leisure suit at the gym? Did you see me when I waved to you?
07-02-03 03:54 PM
sirmoonie Whoever wrote this was a chiba-victim. Giant Gambian Rats, MonkeyPox, Rope Squirrels, Prairie Dogs, WTF? I say WTF?

http://news.yahoo.com/?tmpl=story&cid=578&ncid=578&e=4&u=/nm/20030702/ts_nm/health_monkeypox_dc
07-02-03 05:52 PM
Mrs. Tiffany Nanker Phelge, you get in the house this instant!
07-02-03 07:00 PM
gypsy Talking to yourself, playing with yourself...it's all harmless fun.
07-02-03 07:20 PM
Lambchop
quote:
Mrs. Tiffany wrote:
Nanker Phelge, you get in the house this instant!

Hey - who the hell are you? You're kinda hot...
07-02-03 08:06 PM
AnitaX [quote]:
some half-baked study

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
07-02-03 09:01 PM
parmeda
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Talking to yourself, playing with yourself...it's all harmless fun.

LOL! And we all know Nanky wouldn't hurt a fly...
07-02-03 09:32 PM
Highwire Rob

Clay & Ruben are just a Gas, Gas, Gas...
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
07-03-03 01:27 AM
Mrs. Tiffany
quote:
Lambchop wrote:

Hey - who the hell are you? You're kinda hot...

Get off me, puppet!

07-03-03 01:35 AM
marko nanky,don´t smoke that shit too much,since you´re talkin too much to yourself!
07-03-03 05:39 AM
gypsy Good one, parmy! It's fun when we gals can 'gang up' on the guys once in a while, eh?
07-03-03 09:10 AM
Factory Girl LOL, gypsy. What do you think of Johnny Depp in the Pirate movie??? I have a weakness for guys with eyliner...lol
07-03-03 09:31 AM
Joey I Masterbate ..............................

It's true .............I do !!!!!!

JACKY !
07-03-03 10:30 AM
steel driving hammer I like to have sex in the morning.

Nothing better than howling like a Rooster at the crack of dawn.

Then I'm just as happy as a over night trucker listening to Country on the AM dial.
07-03-03 10:32 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Mrs. Tiffany wrote:

Get off me, puppet!

Mrs Tiffany I Believe you really meant to say:

"get me off puppet"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-03-03 11:52 AM
Mrs. Tiffany
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

Mrs Tiffany I Believe you really meant to say:

"get me off puppet"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER! Especially not with that arm coming out of her end! How repulsive!

I meant what I said and I said what I meant!
07-03-03 12:26 PM
parmeda
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
LOL, gypsy. What do you think of Johnny Depp in the Pirate movie??? I have a weakness for guys with eyliner...lol

Hey FG, I saw in a magazine not too long ago (sorry, can't remember which one...) that Depp wanted to emmulate the pirate character after our beloved Keef! No shit! They had a picture of Depp in costume, along side a recent picture of Keith...WHAT A RESEMBLANCE!

I have to hunt it down and scan the photos...I'll get back to ya!

[Edited by parmeda]
07-03-03 12:48 PM
Lambchop You know you like it monkeybitch. I've asked around about you. Heard something about a little shark incident back when you were a Wiggles groupie.
07-03-03 12:53 PM
Factory Girl Thank you, parmeda! I would love to see those pics. Johnny Depp is awesome.

07-03-03 12:56 PM
parmeda I just found it and sent it to Voo to post it.
Hopefully, it will be in here soon!
07-03-03 01:02 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
I like to have sex in the morning.

When you're done, do you boot the little lady out of bed to make you an imaginary cup of decaf?

{[[[SWIIISSSSSSSHHH]]}

Bobby: "Eh...so so, he's lost his Drive since he sobered up."

Jesus: "Naw mang, he dronk ageen. I seen heem. Jew can't juss cut off de Dogs O' War."

Bobby: "What?"

Jesus: "I try to esplane to you, he dronk. Hepe' hepe'. You know? Chinga bells, amigo. Whackee, you know? Ponce de Leon."

Bobby: "ok."
07-03-03 01:02 PM
Factory Girl Thank you parmeda! You are a Sweetheart!! I hope that you have a great 4th of July!
07-03-03 01:05 PM
Factory Girl Hey sirmoonie, maybe its imaginary sex....lol
07-03-03 01:10 PM
sirmoonie I've met him.

I'll guarantee its imaginary.

Speaking of imaginary sex, can you send me a PM......nah, nevermind. Thats probably not a good idea, what with FPM doing his flirting bit and all lately.
07-03-03 01:11 PM
Joey " When you're done, do you boot the little lady out of bed to make you an imaginary cup of decaf?

{[[[SWIIISSSSSSSHHH]]} "

Moonie ....................I DO believe it is time
to fire up the Slippy Slap Slappy Hooten' Nanny Scrotem Enlarger this weekend ............................

What say ?????????????????????????????????

Stones and a little S.S.S.H.N.S.E. go together like milk and honey .

" Bite Me Ronnie '

JACKY !

Page: 1 2 3