ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shakira Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th July 2007 05:33 PM
One Million Motels IMO a woman that beautiful doesn't come down the pike that often to be ignored. I always liked the blondes anyway like Patti Hansen who is soooooo old now. Maybe she can cook.
[Edited by One Million Motels]
7th July 2007 05:34 PM
PartyDoll MEG You may have a new handle..but some things never change!!!
7th July 2007 05:41 PM
One Million Motels
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
You may have a new handle..but some things never change!!!

I never expected them to. It's just that the miles are starting to catch up with me. I'm starting to get sappy and sentimtal in my old age. "Things" don't change anyway...the only thing that ever catches up are the bill collectors.
7th July 2007 05:41 PM
MrPleasant A hottie. But I dislike her kind of singing voice.
7th July 2007 05:44 PM
One Million Motels
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
But I dislike her kind of singing voice.

I'm not interested in that. Singing voices come and go. But bodies like that are only a gift in time.
7th July 2007 05:50 PM
lotsajizz 'blonde'?!?

LOL!!
7th July 2007 05:52 PM
Dan

7th July 2007 06:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
A hottie. But I dislike her kind of singing voice.

Live in Mexico City this year

7th July 2007 06:18 PM
mojoman voodoo do you have any special photo's of her?
7th July 2007 06:54 PM
One Million Motels Childhood and youth
wikepedia.com

Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll was born on February 2, 1977 in Barranquilla, Colombia. She is the only child of Nidia del Carmen Ripoll Torrado, a Colombian of Catalan-Italian descent, and William Mebarak Chadid, an American of Lebanese-Catholic extraction. Her father also had eight children with his former wife. One of her siblings is also her road manager.

Shakira, which means "grateful" or "thankful" (شاكِرة in Arabic. Her second name, Isabel, is also that of her paternal grandmother.[6] She spent much of her youth in Barranquilla. She has stated to have grown among Lebanese, Jewish and Italian communities.[7]

Shakira wrote her first poem, entitled "La Rosa De Cristal" (The Crystal Rose) when she was only four years old. After receiving a typewriter as a gift, she began to write poems constantly. Her poems eventually evolved into songs. At the age of eight, after an older brother was killed in a motorcycle accident, Shakira became inspired to write her first song, which is entitled "Tus Gafas Oscuras" and documents her father's grief.[citation needed]

At a young age, her father took her to a local Middle Eastern restaurant, where Shakira first heard the doumbek, a traditional Arabic drum used in Arabic music and which typically accompanied belly dancing.[8] Before she knew it, Shakira was dancing on the table as restaurant patrons responded by clapping enthusiastically. It was then that Shakira said she knew she wanted to be a performer. She enjoyed singing for schoolmates and teachers (and even the nuns) at her Catholic school but in the second grade was rejected for the school choir because her vibrato was too strong. The music teacher told her that she sounded "like a goat".[9][10] At school, she says she had been known as "the belly dancer girl", as she would demonstrate a number she learned every Friday at school.[9] "That's how I discovered my passion for live performance," she says.[11]

Between the ages of ten and thirteen Shakira was invited to various events in Barranquilla and gained some recognition in the area.[12] It was at about this time that she met local theater producer Monica Ariza, who was impressed with her and as a result tried to help her career. During a flight from Barranquilla to Bogotá, Ariza convinced Sony Colombia executive Ciro Vargas to hold an audition for Shakira in a motel lobby. Vargas held Shakira in high regard and, returning to the Sony office, gave the cassette to a song and artist director. However, the director was not overly excited and thought Shakira was something of "a lost cause". Vargas, not daunted, was still convinced that Shakira had talent, and set up an audition in Bogotá. He arranged for Sony Colombia executives to arrive at the audition, with the idea of surprising them with Shakira's performance. She performed three songs for the executives and impressed them enough for her to be signed to record three albums.[13]

Shakira's debut album, Magia, was recorded with Sony Music in 1991, when she was only fifteen years old. The album did not fare well commercially, selling less than one thousand copies.[9] After the poor acclaim of Magia, Shakira's label urged her back into the studio to release a follow up with more hit songs, to give the album potential. The album Peligro was released in 1993, but Shakira was not pleased with the final result. The album was better received than Magia, though it was also considered a commercial failure, due to Shakira's refusal to advertise it. Although little known outside of her native Colombia, Shakira was invited to perform at Chile's Viña del Mar International Song Festival in February 1993. The festival gave aspiring Latin American singers a chance to perform their songs, and the winner was then chosen by a panel of judges. Shakira performed the ballad "Eres" (You Are) and won the trophy for third place. One of the judges who voted for her to win was then 20-year-old Ricky Martin, who was left impressed with Shakira's voice and presence.[citation needed] Shakira then decided to take a hiatus from recording so that she could graduate from high school.

[Edited by One Million Motels]
7th July 2007 08:52 PM
Erik_Snow Count me in on Shakira - I did spot her last summer outside my house. Jagger should have done a solo-duet with that woman
7th July 2007 09:37 PM
mrhipfl I would prefer an Alicia Keys appreciation thread.
7th July 2007 09:52 PM
Erik_Snow Count me in on Alicia Keys ! Who's that Shakira gal anyway?
7th July 2007 10:51 PM
gypsy She is so sexy. I'm not a big fan of her singing...but her bellydancing skills are killer!
8th July 2007 09:11 AM
Zack
quote:
Dan wrote:

Thank you, Dan.
8th July 2007 09:27 AM
fireontheplatter she has some dangerous curves
she is pretty
she can dance

just for today, i will appreciate her.
8th July 2007 10:45 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
mojoman wrote:
voodoo do you have any special photo's of her?

A very special is in your inbox here at the board, check your PM

Here's a light one

BTW, I don't like Shakira, I have heard her because of my daughters but trust me she can rock, I saw her playing a cover of Aerosmith in front of Aerosmith and she can shake her and your hips... mueve las caderas
8th July 2007 10:49 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

OMG!!! i have to go......i'll be back in 2 minutes.
8th July 2007 11:29 AM
Sir Stonesalot If I get to pick the method of my eternal demise...I pick to be fucked to death by Shakira. I can think of no better way to die with a smile on my face...

8th July 2007 12:31 PM
egon
quote:

i have a pm box too...
8th July 2007 12:40 PM
mojoman i'd like to pm her box
8th July 2007 03:21 PM
sirmoonie Its mesmerizing when that woman shakes her hips.
8th July 2007 04:10 PM
TooTough She has the body of an angel...

and sings like a frog.
8th July 2007 10:22 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
If I get to pick the method of my eternal demise...I pick to be fucked to death by Shakira. I can think of no better way to die with a smile on my face...

i hope your wife didn't catch you writing and thinking this.
8th July 2007 11:57 PM
Zack
quote:

Uncle Voodoo, why does mojoman get one and not the rest of us?
9th July 2007 07:09 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:

Here's a light one

BTW, I don't like Shakira, I have heard her because of my daughters but trust me she can rock, I saw her playing a cover of Aerosmith in front of Aerosmith and she can shake her and your hips... mueve las caderas

sensational, if she was my girlfriend, I'd have serious trouble keeping my hands away from her rear. If she let me of course, and in private obviously,
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
9th July 2007 07:59 AM
corgi37 She is so lovely, she is 100% Corgi material.

Sings like a cat on fire, though.
9th July 2007 10:56 AM
Gazza
quote:

Christ on a bike. Is it just me or can you actually see her....

....ABRUPT END TO TRANSMISSION....!!!
9th July 2007 04:56 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Christ on a bike. Is it just me or can you actually see her....

what, her high heel looking boots?
9th July 2007 05:11 PM
mojoman i like her spray paint pants
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)