ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: When Jagger and Richards helped Rolling Stone Ronnie gather some moss Return to archive
6th July 2007 08:05 AM
moy When Jagger and Richards helped Rolling Stone Ronnie gather some moss
From our ANI Correspondent

London, July 6: Rocker Ronnie Wood splurged such a huge amount of his fortune, that he had to take a 250,000-pound loan from his fellow Rolling Stones.

Wood was given the cash by band mates Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, after spending on failed business ventures left him with a small bank balance.

Jagger and Richards agreed to give the loan on the basis that Wood would pay it back from future tour earnings.

The Rolling Stones guitarist lost around 8 million pounds in London's Harrington Club, which he founded in 2000.

However, the elite venue proved to be a financial blow and was shut in just three years.

As a result, Ronnie had to re-mortgage his houses and spend his entire savings.

"The 2005 Bigger Bang Tour came just in time for him. He'd had to borrow a serious chunk of cash from Mick and Keith to see him through," The Sun quoted a source, as saying.
6th July 2007 11:49 AM
Bitch Actually I think this is old news. RONNIE stands a chance at becomming the wealthiest STONE, due to the soaring sales prices of his paintings. Some of his large oils have sold for over $1,000,000 according to a NY are gallery owner I was chatting with a few months back.
6th July 2007 11:51 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Why didn't he incorporate???? I can't believe he allowed himself to become personally liable for those types of losses.
6th July 2007 01:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Actually I think this is old news. RONNIE stands a chance at becomming the wealthiest STONE, due to the soaring sales prices of his paintings. Some of his large oils have sold for over $1,000,000 according to a NY are gallery owner I was chatting with a few months back.

You must be kidding, Ellen.. LOL. he's the "poorest" by miles. The guy was only a salaried employee up until the early 1990s and was almost bankrupt at the time the Stones regrouped for Steel Wheels. The main reason why he took up painting to begin with was to give him a steady source of income as the Stones had broken up in all but name.

He might make a nice living from paintings, but if one went for $1 million that would be a rarity. Big difference to the amount Jagger and Richards rake in from publishing royalties. Mick's estimated wealth is around 3 times what Ronnie is worth.

I wonder did Mick and Keith charge him interest on the loan?
6th July 2007 02:05 PM
FotiniD
quote:
moy wrote:

Jagger and Richards agreed to give the loan on the basis that Wood would pay it back from future tour earnings.

Unbelievably cheap!
Failed solo records, endlessly repeated setlists, embarrassing on-stage duets, overpriced tickets and childish press accusations, all fail to comparison, with behaving to one of your best friends for YEARS as a bloody bank.

One of the most disgusting things I've heard about the Stones, if it is true. It's one thing being greedy with a "faceless" audience and another thing with a person you've been practically living with all your life.
7th July 2007 03:37 PM
MrPleasant
8th July 2007 01:31 AM
Navin Greed and evil oh yeah

Greedy forever and ever
Success
Greedy and ever so clever
A mess

Keepin' their right to creep into paradise
They'll even blackmail St.Peter
They'll pay any price

You can have it if you want it
It might take the rest of your life
If you want it you can have it
Do a balancing act on a knife
You can have it if you want it
It fits and gets cheap at the price
If you want it you can have it
Despite your sweet soul and your lies

Real and evil! What I say…

So deceitful
I want to tell you

Greedy and evil
Oh yes
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)