ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Velvet Revolver "Libertad" (NS) Return to archive
6th July 2007 07:17 AM
Factory Girl Please review, is it great or is it pedestrian?

Is it worth my hard earned $15?
6th July 2007 08:44 AM
Taptrick
Not for me. Scott's vocals just don't seem to be what they were in STP. The stuff reminds me of my feelings for Snakepit - sounds like a great idea but then I listen to it and nothing is bad but nothing really grabs me either. But it's all perspective. Are you in the states? Can't you get into a Borders or some type of store where you can hear the CD in a head set before purchase? If YOU like it, then buy it.

6th July 2007 08:49 AM
Factory Girl Thanks, Taptrick.

And VooDoo Baby, Thank you for my new Avatar!
6th July 2007 10:11 AM
sammy davis jr. These guys put the "over" in overrated. Bunch of wankers- all of 'em.
6th July 2007 10:18 AM
ShaneJazz For what it's worth, I love the new cd. The first four songs rock like a hurricane. The quality drops off a bit thereafter, but is still a good solid rock album in a day and age where those are hard to come by. The cover of ELO's Can't Get it Out of My Head is completely unnecessary, but the hidden country track makes up for it.
6th July 2007 10:19 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

Not for me. Scott's vocals just don't seem to be what they were in STP. The stuff reminds me of my feelings for Snakepit - sounds like a great idea but then I listen to it and nothing is bad but nothing really grabs me either. But it's all perspective. Are you in the states? Can't you get into a Borders or some type of store where you can hear the CD in a head set before purchase? If YOU like it, then buy it.

Audioslave syndrome??
6th July 2007 11:29 AM
_Boomy_ Get this album!
6th July 2007 12:41 PM
Gimme Shelter I think its a great album.
6th July 2007 01:45 PM
mrhipfl it's good, but not as good as the debut.
8th July 2007 08:27 AM
crb69 I think it's an excellent modern rock cd...and better than the 1st....it is not as raw as the first CD if that's what you're into. I think Slash's playing is more freed up (more solos) and Scott sounds better on this one...it does take a few listens to really grasp it....They are closer now to the GNR/STP sound I think since they've already established their unique VR sound on the debut.

Can't wait to see 'em in the 8th row this August @ PNC...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)