ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Michael Moore's SICKO Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
6th July 2007 01:43 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
that being said, my wife is a doctor, and she has told me on more than one occasion that america has an impending disaster looming with our sedentary lifestyle. the genetics of those of us who have never had normal body shapes aside, many of our fellow countrymen/women have become obnoxiously obese, and instead of spending money early on in life on preventive medicine in an effort to change lifestyles and educate people on how to take care of themselves, we wait until bad shit has happened to people, and at that point the health care costs so friggin' much it's unbelievable.

High fructose corn syrup...the devil's nectar
6th July 2007 01:47 PM
Fiji Joe I hear crank keeps you thin...its side effects being anger, paranoia, and compulsive photo editing
6th July 2007 01:52 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

High fructose corn syrup...the devil's nectar

Dead calories?

I like to have a Coke once in a while. But I drink a lot of water, too.
6th July 2007 01:58 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

Dead calories?

I like to have a Coke once in a while. But I drink a lot of water, too.

As you can see...high fructose corn syrup consumption practically mirrors rising global temperatures...not only does it make you fat, but it will force you to drive a Toyota Prius

6th July 2007 02:01 PM
Maxlugar I find dancing has helped me find that boyish figure I once had.

JAZZ HANDS!

6th July 2007 02:02 PM
lotsajizz real sugar is where it's at...the soda tastes better with sugar than with the devil's nectar....sugar it turns out need not be much more unhealthy than its lame substitutes
6th July 2007 02:09 PM
_Boomy_ I tried that Diet Coke with Splenda once.

Let's just say I never drank it again after that.
6th July 2007 02:43 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I hear crank keeps you thin...its side effects being anger, paranoia, and compulsive photo editing

Well, that's two out of three for you, Feej.
6th July 2007 02:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Well, that's two out of three for you, Feej.

Hi Gypsy....Joey and I would like to wish you a happy Friday
6th July 2007 03:01 PM
Morrisey Hotel It's very sad, you Americans have no fucking clue, yet you have all the answers.
6th July 2007 03:02 PM
purrcafe
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
For anyone interested in studying advertising, propaganda and public relations, the current global warming hype is a good place to start. They utilize every trick in the book. (as one poster pointed out the fires in the rainforest are quite a different matter.)

Except for all of the actual science that supports that global warming is occurring. You know, the stuff that it's been documented that the Bush administration has done their very best to suppress.
6th July 2007 03:03 PM
gypsy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Hi Gypsy....Joey and I would like to wish you a happy Friday

Hi Pug! I hope you and Joey have a great weekend!
6th July 2007 03:07 PM
purrcafe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
michael moore is a retard. he is not a documentary filmmaker but a blatant propagandist. he does things to cause a stir. i saw a clip of "sicko" this weekend and was repulsed.

Yet, there was an article on CNN which supported the claims Moore makes in the film. Why not see the whole movie before commenting?
6th July 2007 03:38 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Yet, there was an article on CNN which supported the claims Moore makes in the film. Why not see the whole movie before commenting?

i wasn't commenting on the accurracies or inaccuracies of the film. i was commenting on the blatant publicity stunts moore uses to get his points across. of course it's ridiculous that the govt is turning its back on those 9-11 workers, but you can't show up on the doorstep of guantanamo and ask for help for those workers through a megaphone. that is just plain childish and immature.

i agree with moore to a great extent. however, i strongly disagree with how he goes about expressing his beliefs.
6th July 2007 04:02 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

holy shit....in our five years of posting together, this is the most poignantly profound thing you have ever said!

I'm tearful, this is the first time in five years you ever complimented me...
6th July 2007 04:07 PM
pdog
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I find dancing has helped me find that boyish figure I once had.

JAZZ HANDS!

Fuck...
6th July 2007 04:14 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
6th July 2007 04:23 PM
sammy davis jr. Fat,Lazy and Stupid.....The American Way
6th July 2007 04:41 PM
lotsajizz unfortunately all too true nowadays....and some defend it still!!!
6th July 2007 04:53 PM
Starbuck
quote:
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

holy shit....in our five years of posting together, this is the most poignantly profound thing you have ever said!

i am so sorry i have neglected you so! i shall endeavor to compliment you more often.

i like your hair! and the fact that you change your underwear at least twice a week.
6th July 2007 04:54 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

i am so sorry i have neglected you so! i shall endeavor to compliment you more often.

i like your hair! and the fact that you change your underwear at least twice a week.
[/quote]

I go commando, but I'm glad you noticed!
6th July 2007 04:58 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
unfortunately all too true nowadays....and some defend it still!!!

Eating, like booze and other addictions isn't something you attack and you also don't coddle the person...
6th July 2007 05:01 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I hear crank keeps you thin...its side effects being anger, paranoia, and compulsive photo editing

yeah...it seems to work for a lot of people around here
6th July 2007 05:06 PM
Starbuck
quote:
I go commando, but I'm glad you noticed!

no pitching a tent for you...you sleep out in the open!

6th July 2007 05:37 PM
Martha
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I've struggled with my weight since I was a child. It's a constant battle.

Unless you have done the same, I suggest you have ZERO prospective.

Not all obese people sit and stuff their faces all day.

Some, like myself, have medical conditions that make it more difficult to control weight.
Also, many medications cause weight gain.

The prejudice against the overweight is absolutely disgusting, as evidenced, nearly EVERY DAY, right here.

LJ.

Amen sister. Thanks for writing a respectful post on this subject.

And I wonder why was it brought up in the first place?

I am really tired of prejudice and hatred.

It's ugly.

love you,
Martha
6th July 2007 06:25 PM
lotsajizz prejudice concerns biases related to conditions one can not change -- such as skin color, race, sexual preference, etc.... -- unhealthy conditions and lifestyle ARE eminently preventable and should be combated at all turns -- the nation is becoming a fat disgrace and healthy people pay higher costs for it -- we need a 'fat tax'...all those who fit the medical definition of morbidly obese should be taxed out of existence

6th July 2007 06:51 PM
mojoman
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Fat,Lazy and Stupid.....The American Way

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son
6th July 2007 07:00 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
prejudice concerns biases related to conditions one can not change -- such as skin color, race, sexual preference, etc.... -- unhealthy conditions and lifestyle ARE eminently preventable and should be combated at all turns -- the nation is becoming a fat disgrace and healthy people pay higher costs for it -- we need a 'fat tax'...all those who fit the medical definition of morbidly obese should be taxed out of existence

I never knew Hitler was a New England Democrat..
6th July 2007 07:56 PM
JixxerJay

113 min (2007)

full length version of sicko

6th July 2007 08:04 PM
pdog I'm watching Sicko tonight! For free.... hope Moore don't mind!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)