ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Michael Moore's SICKO Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
6th July 2007 10:49 AM
fanfucker ???? So ????
6th July 2007 11:01 AM
LadyJane I've struggled with my weight since I was a child. It's a constant battle.

Unless you have done the same, I suggest you have ZERO prospective.

Not all obese people sit and stuff their faces all day.

Some, like myself, have medical conditions that make it more difficult to control weight.
Also, many medications cause weight gain.

The prejudice against the overweight is absolutely disgusting, as evidenced, nearly EVERY DAY, right here.

LJ.

6th July 2007 11:10 AM
fanfucker "Some people should be sent to camps..."
I just read this here.
Carrot's juice instead zyklon B?
6th July 2007 11:12 AM
lotsajizz fat people consume (literally) a disproportionate share of society's resources

Obesity, especially central obesity (waist-predominant obesity), is an important risk factor for the "metabolic syndrome" ("syndrome X"), the clustering of a number of diseases and risk factors that heavily predispose for cardiovascular disease. These are diabetes mellitus type 2, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, and triglyceride levels (combined hyperlipidemia). An inflammatory state is present, which — together with the above — has been implicated in the high prevalence of atherosclerosis (fatty lumps in the arterial wall), and a prothrombotic state may further worsen cardiovascular risk.

Apart from the metabolic syndrome, obesity is also correlated (in population studies) with a variety of other complications. For many of these complaints, it has not been clearly established to what extent they are caused directly by obesity itself, or have some other cause (such as limited exercise) that causes obesity as well. Most confidence in a direct cause is given to the mechanical complications in the following list:

Cardiovascular: congestive heart failure, enlarged heart and its associated arrhythmias and dizziness, cor pulmonale, varicose veins, and pulmonary embolism
Endocrine: polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), menstrual disorders, and infertility
Gastrointestinal: gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), fatty liver disease, cholelithiasis (gallstones), hernia, and colorectal cancer
Renal and genitourinary: erectile dysfunction,urinary incontinence, chronic renal failure, hypogonadism (male), breast cancer (female), uterine cancer (female), stillbirth
Integument (skin and appendages): stretch marks, acanthosis nigricans, lymphedema, cellulitis, carbuncles, intertrigo
Musculoskeletal: hyperuricemia (which predisposes to gout), immobility, osteoarthritis, low back pain
Neurologic: stroke, meralgia paresthetica, headache, carpal tunnel syndrome, dementia[8]
Respiratory: dyspnea, obstructive sleep apnea, hypoventilation syndrome, Pickwickian syndrome, asthma
Psychological: Depression, low self esteem, body dysmorphic disorder, social stigmatization

some prejudices are earned--the rest of us should not have to pay for people's self-inflicted "medical conditions" (the condition of stuffing excess food into one's corpus)

[Edited by lotsajizz]
6th July 2007 11:22 AM
LadyJane
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
fat people consume (literally) a disproportionate share of society's resources

some prejudices are earned

So ALL overweight people DESERVE to be chastised?

No gray area?

Very GOP of you, Jizzy.

LJ.

6th July 2007 11:29 AM
lotsajizz VERY strawman-ish of you LJ...did I ever SAY "all overweight people"? Nice try....I am talking the morbidly obese---surely that buch of doctors you work for can supply you with that definition?
6th July 2007 11:32 AM
LadyJane
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
VERY strawman-ish of you LJ...did I ever SAY "all overweight people"? Nice try....I am talking the morbidly obese---surely that buch of doctors you work for can supply you with that definition?

Yes, you IMPLIED, ALL OVERWEIGHT people.

And thank you for the condescending remark.

No wonder you are so disliked around here.

LJ.
6th July 2007 11:52 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
fat people consume (literally) a disproportionate share of society's resources

Obesity, especially central obesity (waist-predominant obesity), is an important risk factor for the "metabolic syndrome" ("syndrome X"), the clustering of a number of diseases and risk factors that heavily predispose for cardiovascular disease. These are diabetes mellitus type 2, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, and triglyceride levels (combined hyperlipidemia). An inflammatory state is present, which — together with the above — has been implicated in the high prevalence of atherosclerosis (fatty lumps in the arterial wall), and a prothrombotic state may further worsen cardiovascular risk.

Apart from the metabolic syndrome, obesity is also correlated (in population studies) with a variety of other complications. For many of these complaints, it has not been clearly established to what extent they are caused directly by obesity itself, or have some other cause (such as limited exercise) that causes obesity as well. Most confidence in a direct cause is given to the mechanical complications in the following list:

Cardiovascular: congestive heart failure, enlarged heart and its associated arrhythmias and dizziness, cor pulmonale, varicose veins, and pulmonary embolism
Endocrine: polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), menstrual disorders, and infertility
Gastrointestinal: gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), fatty liver disease, cholelithiasis (gallstones), hernia, and colorectal cancer
Renal and genitourinary: erectile dysfunction,urinary incontinence, chronic renal failure, hypogonadism (male), breast cancer (female), uterine cancer (female), stillbirth
Integument (skin and appendages): stretch marks, acanthosis nigricans, lymphedema, cellulitis, carbuncles, intertrigo
Musculoskeletal: hyperuricemia (which predisposes to gout), immobility, osteoarthritis, low back pain
Neurologic: stroke, meralgia paresthetica, headache, carpal tunnel syndrome, dementia[8]
Respiratory: dyspnea, obstructive sleep apnea, hypoventilation syndrome, Pickwickian syndrome, asthma
Psychological: Depression, low self esteem, body dysmorphic disorder, social stigmatization

some prejudices are earned--the rest of us should not have to pay for people's self-inflicted "medical conditions" (the condition of stuffing excess food into one's corpus)

[Edited by lotsajizz]

And here is the point where someone writes their thesis on dipshits and society...seriously...can you be more retarded?...and that's a rhetorical questions...of course you can...you just need to speak
6th July 2007 11:56 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Yes, you IMPLIED, ALL OVERWEIGHT people.

And thank you for the condescending remark.

No wonder you are so disliked around here.

LJ.

You're wanting Jizzy to expound upon an issue?...He's an idiot...He holds the distinction of being the dumbest lawyer on the board...Us other lawyers don't laugh behind his back, we laugh in his face...He's a small man...that's why he hurts

6th July 2007 12:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
You're wanting Jizzy to expound upon an issue?...He's an idiot...He holds the distinction of being the dumbest lawyer on the board...Us other lawyers don't laugh behind his back, we laugh in his face...He's a small man...that's why he hurts

I never liked lawyers. But Josh's defense of lawyers always made sense to me.
6th July 2007 12:02 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Lil Fiji..I just got a feeling that in 15 or 20 years, you're gonna be somebody...maybe like a writer or something"
6th July 2007 12:12 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I never liked lawyers. But Josh's defense of lawyers always made sense to me.

Most lawyers need no defense...their value to society should be self-evident...but stupid ones, like Jizzstain, keep their own personal lawyer on retainer...seriously...I find it hard to believe that anyone would pay this guy to think on their behalf...Some day he will be featured on Myth Busters...playing chinese checkers against a second grader...and the myth of lawyers being intelligent will thereafter be debunked
6th July 2007 12:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Most lawyers need no defense...their value to society should be self-evident...

I kinda agree, us admen have developed a bad name over the years. Our value to society should be self evident but its not. (not "me" personally...I'm just a wanna be....but I make enough to put food on the table.) Ads and information are the two sides of the same coin.

6th July 2007 12:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels For anyone interested in studying advertising, propaganda and public relations, the current global warming hype is a good place to start. They utilize every trick in the book. (as one poster pointed out the fires in the rainforest are quite a different matter.)
6th July 2007 12:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
They utilize every trick in the book.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
6th July 2007 12:53 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
For anyone interested in studying advertising, propaganda and public relations, the current global warming hype is a good place to start. They utilize every trick in the book. (as one poster pointed out the fires in the rainforest are quite a different matter.)

Very true...there are newly developing markets that revolve around the global warming hype...Do you know how much Al Gore makes from environmental business ventures?

Snake oil

6th July 2007 12:53 PM
Starbuck
quote:
We are superior, we spend superior amounts of money... yet somehow provide less care... This is a country that for most of the 80's ignored AIDS... Yet when a dick drug was created, you see a million commercials for it everyday... It's stuff like that, that when you try to wrap your mind around it, you end up realizing, you just got declined by your insurance to see a therapist.

holy shit....in our five years of posting together, this is the most poignantly profound thing you have ever said!
6th July 2007 12:58 PM
gypsy
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I have over ten years of experience in the medical field. Believe me, I know how the morbidly obese are draining the system. I've seen obese patients walk into the ER. Then, five minutes later, when I come to get them for their exam, they claim that they cannot stand. I'm not saying that they are all lazy...but I've seen so many of them catered to by their family members, as well as other healthcare professionals.
And I cannot tell you how many times I've gone up to a morbidly obese patient's room to do a portable chest x-ray (because they claimed to be unable to stand up or even be wheeled down to the department) to find them eating fast food snuck into them by their family members. It sickens me. Also, it should be pointed out that the quality of portable radiographs are inferior to regular films. They are very difficult to read, and are therefore difficult to diagnose.

*I know the focus of Michael Moore's documentary is on the insurance companies. I just wanted to throw the obesity thing out there for discussion.

6th July 2007 01:02 PM
Starbuck i will have to side with LJ on this one.

i developed a chub around the waist and an overtly large patookus in about fourth grade, and no amount of work, no matter how long lasting, no matter how strenuous, has ever been able to get rid of it. i used to run two to three miles a day in my teens and early twenties....i used to work out in the summer, and i tried my best to eat right...i was the king of running crunches at the end of basketball practice in high school...ran at the head of my company in boot camp....but nothing could make the chub go away. it made middle school a bloody disaster, let me tell you...and unless you've lived live with an abnormal body shape, you can't understand.

that being said, my wife is a doctor, and she has told me on more than one occasion that america has an impending disaster looming with our sedentary lifestyle. the genetics of those of us who have never had normal body shapes aside, many of our fellow countrymen/women have become obnoxiously obese, and instead of spending money early on in life on preventive medicine in an effort to change lifestyles and educate people on how to take care of themselves, we wait until bad shit has happened to people, and at that point the health care costs so friggin' much it's unbelievable. we need to get out there and get people health club memberships....that's why many insurance companies give discounts to people that visit health clubs more than 8 times per month or whatever.
6th July 2007 01:04 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

holy shit....in our five years of posting together, this is the most poignantly profound thing you have ever said!

That was opinion wrapped in poignancy inside a profoundity.
6th July 2007 01:07 PM
Starbuck
quote:
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

i know! and it was from pdog, no less!

hold me closer....one more time, before the curtain closes!
6th July 2007 01:11 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Is this assonance or alliteration. . .I forget?
6th July 2007 01:15 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Feejus sermoned:

Us other lawyers don't laugh behind his back, we laugh in his face...

that would be "we" lawyers...
6th July 2007 01:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]Fiji Joe wrote:
Snake oil

I just heard an ad on the radio about two hours ago by Sammy Hagar. The world is about to end if we don't change our ways. And the light bulb police will be here soon to check and see if I'm in compliance. What's the word for it..."green facsism". I think someones coined that already. I dunno....just do your own research and keep an open mind................... I guess.
6th July 2007 01:16 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Say that again really slow, Maxy
6th July 2007 01:19 PM
oldkr
Hitler was not a vegetarian! various biographer have recorded his love of bratwurst, game-pie and stuffed pigeon. He was plaugued by flatulence ( a common problem among vegetarians) for which he was prescribred a serum made from pulverized bull's testicles.

Interestingly also not one of Hitler's top men was vegetarian.

Also in case you're wondering and while i'm on a common hitler myth's rant: he was a catholic and the nazi state enthusiastically pushed catholicism.

he was not godless, a monumental fuck-wad, but not godless

OLDKR
6th July 2007 01:20 PM
LadyJane Thank you Bucky.

I certainly have a problem with the sedentary nature of our society. And I am an admitted abuser.

I also have a problem with morbidly obese people who do NOTHING to make themselves heathly.

That said.

This is not about..."oh you are a fat, lazy slob. You have no value."

It's NOT a black and white issue.

There are numerous underlying issues here.

Physical.
Psychological.
Socio-economic.
Societal.

LJ.

6th July 2007 01:21 PM
Starbuck michael moore is a retard. he is not a documentary filmmaker but a blatant propagandist. he does things to cause a stir. i saw a clip of "sicko" this weekend and was repulsed. it was the scene where he is in the boat off the coast of guantanamo....what, was he asking via megaphone if the hospital on the base where the inmates are treated and have access to excellent health care could please help one of the 9/11 workers that is dying because of the effects of the clean up efforts? how ridiculously stupid is that? i did see farenheit 9/11, and that was a freakin' joke as well - the clip from sicko reminded me of when moore was chasing the senators and congressmen around asking to sign their kids up to send them to iraq.

moore is a loser and a bit of a loonie. he gives liberals a bad name.
6th July 2007 01:24 PM
monkey_man
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

There are numerous underlying issues here.

The number one issue here is that insurance companies do their damn best to deny coverage to those that they may need health care. Obesity is the tip of the iceberg.
6th July 2007 01:25 PM
gypsy
quote:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Lil Fiji..I just got a feeling that in 15 or 20 years, you're gonna be somebody...maybe like a bully on a Rolling Stones message board or something."

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)