ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Queen: 'There Will Never Be A Rock Group Greater Than Aerosmith' Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
1st July 2007 03:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >Really... Why were they always dubbed "the poor mans Rolling Stones" then.<

Because some writer somewhere said it once, that made it so? A phrase catching on isn't the same thing as a fact.

>Steven Tyler used to carry a picture in his wallet claiming he was Mick Jaggers Brother.<

Can you verify that with any objective sources? I doubt that story is true.

1st July 2007 04:30 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Can you verify that with any objective sources? I doubt that story is true.

Billen speaks the truth
1st July 2007 04:58 PM
lotsajizz an Italian guy from NY passing himself as Jagger's brother? I think not.
1st July 2007 06:49 PM
MikeyC613
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

bullshit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxewzqqeI_A
2nd July 2007 10:15 PM
IanBillen
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
an Italian guy from NY passing himself as Jagger's brother? I think not.

Well think again. Heard Tyler state it in an interview himself. It was on MTV about five years ago and it is vivid in my memory. I noted it then and I note it now. He stated that he stopped doing that when he was "found out" and got his ass kicked at a party when he tried that act. There is no mistake about it. He said it himself and it is a true story by how he told it. He was not comparing himself to the Stones nor was the person interviewing him ...it just came up in the interview.

And yes, the chords that Perry plays and Richards plays are similar. Until the Black Crowes, and after The
Faces it is very easy to say they came closest to The Stones sound more than anyone. Especially alot of their 70's stuff.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
3rd July 2007 04:23 PM
Ronnie Richards Aerosmith were once an excellent rock'n'roll band... but they have been a lame pop act for the past 30 years now..

That being said, they do not suck as hard as Brian May... then again, hardly anyone does..
3rd July 2007 04:48 PM
Dan
quote:
And yes, the chords that Perry plays and Richards plays are similar. Until the Black Crowes, and after The
Faces it is very easy to say they came closest to The Stones sound more than anyone. Especially alot of their 70's stuff.

When spouting out such nonsense it would help if you provided specific song similarities rather than just anecdotals. And these days I would say Joe Perry sounds more like himself than Keith does.
3rd July 2007 04:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

When spouting out such nonsense it would help if you provided specific song similarities rather than just anecdotals. And these days I would say Joe Perry sounds more like himself than Keith does.

I really dislike Aerosmith, but I still consider you a friend.
3rd July 2007 04:54 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I really dislike Aerosmith, but I still consider you a friend.

I appreciate that. If it weren't for a few magical moments on recent tours, I would really dislike them by now. As it is I am getting flamed on the Aerosmith board for saying Just Push Play sucks and already writing off the next album. I guess I have a really hard time making friends these days!
3rd July 2007 04:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

I appreciate that. If it weren't for a few magical moments on recent tours, I would really dislike them by now. As it is I am getting flamed on the Aerosmith board for saying Just Push Play sucks and already writing off the next album. I guess I have a really hard time making friends these days!

I called for higher priced tickets on this website and was viciously attacked...I also once made a post about specific medical conditions and was nearly gangbanged by most of the board. Stay true to your beliefs and don't let anyone make up your mind for you.
3rd July 2007 05:06 PM
Nellcote Pug;

I sense your dislike for Aerosmith is not as intense as the list of groups on your "bands I dislike" list. Please oblige us with your mindset. I will still enjoy your posts, despite the disdain for the local band you proclaim. Incidentally, did the Chisox cave to the lefties insistance of a no trade clause? The guy your club wanted from us in trade for said lefty, Jacoby Ellsbury, has been on fire since going from AA to the show in two months time...
3rd July 2007 05:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Pug;

I sense your dislike for Aerosmith is not as intense as the list of groups on your "bands I dislike" list. Please oblige us with your mindset. I will still enjoy your posts, despite the disdain for the local band you proclaim. Incidentally, did the Chisox cave to the lefties insistance of a no trade clause? The guy your club wanted from us in trade for said lefty, Jacoby Ellsbury, has been on fire since going from AA to the show in two months time...

Easy. Whilst I dislike Aerosmith, they are already viewed (except by the MTV Crowd) as cheap knock offs of the Stones. If I proclaim my hate towards them at the end of every post, it simply will add to their web presence, Dan already handles that.

I am not too thrilled with Kenny WIlliams right now. As of now, I have not heard anything with regards to our beloved lefty. This should be the easiest resigning in sports, particularly with the large "hometown discount" that Mark is offering them. Kenny is purely being stubborn and was humiliated on TV last night when the bulk of the fans in the stadium chanted "Please Sign Buehrle" each inning. If you guys want Jermaine Dye though, you can have him.
3rd July 2007 05:23 PM
Nellcote I loathe negotiations during the season, as a big stick-up.
The Bosox told Schilling no, now he's on the dl, which is swinging in their favor, at this time. Granted, he's not a twenty something lefty like Buerle, who was probably destined for the Cards if he did not come to terms, still, I do not think he's lights out enough to go thru this, during the year the club is having. The Sox have looked at Dye, I will advise my peeps he's there for the taking. Can you agree to eat a good portion of Julio Lugo's salary, and take him, if we also give you Wily Mo, and you threw in Lance Broadway?
4th July 2007 06:55 AM
corgi37 The only good Yank band was the Doors.
4th July 2007 07:03 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
The only good Yank band was the Doors.

Creedence ??
4th July 2007 11:10 AM
mojoman
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
The only good Yank band was the Doors.

you make this yank weep.......
6th July 2007 05:28 AM
Morrisey Hotel Aerosmith are one of those American dance-a-rama scenic bands with enough punch to see the Stones on pensions and enough make-up to last them through the winter. Their music is that of a confused struggle, with vocalist Steven Tyler sounding as though he is using the microphone to brush his teeth.
They are as original as a bar of soap and have as much to offer Seventies rock as Ena Sharples.
Aerosmith are just another street-corner rock 'n' roll band, using notorious Zeppelin riffs in an effort to steal our love and devotion.
But when one ruminates over the fact that "Toys In The Attic" is the band's THIRD album !
Thanks, but no thanks, Aerosmith. I'll stick with the New York Dolls for my rock 'n' thrills.
6th July 2007 06:21 AM
EELPIE

6th July 2007 12:02 PM
oldkr actually tyler has said several times that for 10 years he tried to be mick, and that he still imitates him. Difference between Joe Perry and Keith is that Joe Perry likes the vegas pagentry that is live stadium rock, keith on the other hand is bored with it. This is the first stones tour that keith would rather have stayed at home.

OLDKR
6th July 2007 01:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
oldkr wrote:
actually tyler has said several times that for 10 years he tried to be mick, and that he still imitates him. Difference between Joe Perry and Keith is that Joe Perry likes the vegas pagentry that is live stadium rock, keith on the other hand is bored with it. This is the first stones tour that keith would rather have stayed at home.

OLDKR

Is Keith's health well? I had predicted this long ago!
6th July 2007 01:41 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Morrisey Hotel wrote:
Thanks, but no thanks, Aerosmith. I'll stick with the New York Dolls for my rock 'n' thrills.

The Dolls are more of a Stones knock-off than Aersomith imo. Especially the singer. (his name escapes me at ther moment.)
6th July 2007 02:03 PM
lotsajizz David Johansen. Nothing wrong with having great sources....as I'm sure Tyler would agree!
6th July 2007 02:17 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

The Dolls are more of a Stones knock-off than Aersomith imo. Especially the singer. (his name escapes me at ther moment.)

Ah, good ol' Buster Poindexter.
6th July 2007 03:04 PM
ultimaterocker i love both of these bands just as much as the next guy.....but all May is saying is that Aerosmith is one of the greatist live bands out there today...and it's true. If the Stones and Aerosmith played one after another the Stones would be put to shame....they would come off as washed up musicians that can't play the shit they recorded back when. Aerosmith are also very "real" live with the only extra musician being a keyboardist (who also does some vocal fills). The Stone were more prolific songwriters then Aerosmith ever were..but to think they're a better live band now is just plain WRONG.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)