ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Queen: 'There Will Never Be A Rock Group Greater Than Aerosmith' Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
29th June 2007 03:48 PM
Nellcote Who else occupies this lofty terrain, my Mt. Kathadin friend?
29th June 2007 03:56 PM
Dan
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Who else occupies this lofty terrain, my Mt. Kathadin friend?

I would say Stones/Beatles/Pink Floyd/Led Zeppelin.

But Aerosmith has sold as many records if not more than the Stones and they also tour every single year. Now they are squeezing their fans for $1000 for the good seats which I am finding hilarious.
29th June 2007 03:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Who else occupies this lofty terrain, my Mt. Kathadin friend?

I'd place J. Geils Band in Tier One but not Aerosmith. But noone ever accused them of being a Stones Clone. Steve Tyler once said he was flattered by all this comparison to the Stones.
29th June 2007 04:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Dan wrote:
But Aerosmith has sold as many records if not more than the Stones and they also tour every single year. Now they are squeezing their fans for $1000 for the good seats which I am finding hilarious.

But it was the Stones, ...well Cohl, who started this trend about the the higher the ticket price, the cooler you are. That IMO is bullshit. The law of supply and demand should be repealed.
29th June 2007 04:03 PM
Dan
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

But it was the Stones, ...well Cohl, who started this trend about the the higher the ticket price, the cooler you are. That IMO is bullshit. The law of supply and demand should be repealed.

Nah, I love the law of supply and demand. I never did rude and obnoxious things like expect people to sell me their concert tickets for $5 until I was told the market sets the prices.
29th June 2007 04:06 PM
Nellcote Repealed?
What would the oldest profession in the world do?
29th June 2007 04:18 PM
glencar
quote:

Maybe you'd like to move to Cuba?
29th June 2007 04:39 PM
Lord (Hetero)
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

THAT'S original and Aerosmith is NOT?!? ROTFLMAO!!!!!

It's ALL derivative....it's just how good your sources are.....the Toxic Twins had some VERY EXCELLENT sources!

So did the Glimmer Twins....
I never said the Crowes were original. I said they are fun. And they have a blast too. And even if they are not the best writers (they are not) they keep it real. Humble Pie- or even the Faces for a while, were not great writers. But they were great bands. A'smith has gone corporate; nobody can deny that. And I brought up the comparison of US Rock because May brought it up. How can you call this the true American Rock when you have Desmond Child, Marti Fredriksen coming in co writing your songs? They are the ultimate corporate writers; they are the ones who are ruining US Rock (the writers, not A'smith).

Cazart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29th June 2007 04:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Maybe you'd like to move to Cuba?

Nope.
I'd like to move to Heaven.
29th June 2007 04:56 PM
mojoman
quote:

Nope.

it can't be that bad cannit?
29th June 2007 06:16 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

Jizzy, lineup is out, it's Wily Mo Larry Curly in centah...Coco has a bimp...

....of the noggin'?

Coco's a gold glove candidate this year
29th June 2007 06:18 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:

the only reason they sond anything like the Yardbirds to me is that they covered Train Kept a' Rollin -

so why don't they 'sond' like Johnny Burnette and The Rock n Roll Trio?
[Edited by lotsajizz]
29th June 2007 06:25 PM
Dan Their version of Train sounds nothing like the Yardbirds though their later cover of Think About It is a bit more faithful. But as mentioned above, they weren't really covering the Yardbirds with that one.
29th June 2007 06:47 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

so why don't they 'sond' like Johnny Burnette and The Rock n Roll Trio?
[Edited by lotsajizz]

It's hard to type accurately on a PDA. My point was that they DON'T sound like the Yardbirds.
29th June 2007 07:36 PM
lotsajizz and what does 'Streets Of Love' sound like?

perhaps an Aerosmith power ballad, per chance?

29th June 2007 07:55 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
and what does 'Streets Of Love' sound like?

only per chance...
29th June 2007 08:24 PM
mojoman show biz remark.
30th June 2007 11:47 AM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
and what does 'Streets Of Love' sound like?

No. It sounds like a Mick Jagger Solo album power ballad. Or, maybe an outtake from the Alfie soundtrack.

j/k. but you get the point.
30th June 2007 02:10 PM
Bloozehound There's no excuse for power balladry other than pure faggitry
1st July 2007 06:31 AM
IanBillen Aerocheese...

They used to be a tough band. Now these guys do EVERYTHING and ANYTHING as far as publicity goes. Every musinc award show, gap commercials, movie sound tracks, Tyler playing SantaClause on Nickolodian for cryin out loud. The list is endless. Where does it end? It didn't, and it won't.

But that isn't all of it. Tyler still uses those rhymes and that slang jive talk in interviews. Still thinking he is too cool for school approaching 60 years old. It used to be cool. Now it looks silly. He could still be him, only tone it down some. He still hasn't figured it out.

Their music is "poppy" as hell for how long now.

Aerosmith used to be "cool". Now they are not even the 15 year old girls band they were eight or nine years ago.

A real dissapointment and have long since been viewed as a very tired act. The fork was in them close to a decade ago.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
1st July 2007 07:02 AM
lotsajizz some might say the same exact things about a certain other band

and

Joe Perry does not take the stage too wasted to play any more

unlike someone else....

OK now
Cazart!
1st July 2007 09:44 AM
muncy23 Brian May has lost his mind. Yeah, Aerosmith is a good band i guess, but its Aerosmith folks> What in the world is so good about their music? Nothing. Wow.
1st July 2007 10:48 AM
BONOISLOVE I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Aerosmith. Do you hear me? I just looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Aerosmith.
I also love vaginal showers.
1st July 2007 11:52 AM
Ten Thousand Motels quote:

Nope.

-----------------------------------------------------------

>it can't be that bad cannit?<

Actually it's not bad at all....but it can always be better.

1st July 2007 01:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Evwerthings cool....Besides Mojoman, I can't die young and go to heaven yet..
..I've still got too many people to get even with.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
1st July 2007 02:12 PM
MikeyC613 Pearl Jam is the best American band on the road.
1st July 2007 02:42 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:
Pearl Jam is the best American band on the road.

bullshit
1st July 2007 03:45 PM
IanBillen
quote:

I don't see it that way. They don't sound anything like the Stones. I don't see how they copied the Stones anymore than anyone else ever did.

Really... Why were they always dubbed "the poor mans Rolling Stones" then.

Steven Tyler used to carry a picture in his wallet claiming he was Mick Jaggers Brother.

The music is influenced by The Stones. Their style and antics surely are as well.

Toxic twins/ glimmer twins. The bad boys of rock n roll/ the bad boys from Boston Worlds greatest Rock n Roll band / Americas greatest band.

Tyler acting like Jagger. Perry acting like Rickards.

It is no secret beleive me.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
1st July 2007 03:47 PM
IanBillen
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
some might say the same exact things about a certain other band

and

Joe Perry does not take the stage too wasted to play any more

unlike someone else....

The Stones do do more than they used to. But not ALL the time, in every scenario.

Ian

OK now
Cazart!

1st July 2007 03:53 PM
Dan
quote:
Really... Why were they always dubbed "the poor mans Rolling Stones" then.

Like you said, "image," which has nothing to do with the actual music, or whoever came up with that knew little about the actual music just like you.

And Aerosmith just like the Stones is no longer a poor man's anything.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)