ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Dave Cark Five. Return to archive
11th July 2006 12:45 AM
3DTeafoe Since there seems to be a bit of discussion lately about the
British Invasion bands, (ie. the Who, Kinks, Cream) one of the best of the lot was the Dave Clark Five.
Their music still stands on its own today.
Does anyone have any recollection of them? Photos?
11th July 2006 12:50 AM
not bound to please
quote:
3DTeafoe wrote:
Since there seems to be a bit of discussion lately about the
British Invasion bands, (ie. the Who, Kinks, Cream) one of the best of the lot was the Dave Clark Five.
Their music still stands on its own today.
Does anyone have any recollection of them? Photos?

I have a 16mm film of them around somewhere. I think they kinda sucked. I mean - just pop music. All I can think of is Glad All over - so perhaps they did something better?
11th July 2006 01:47 AM
killerbitch They did Glad All Over, Bits and Pieces, Reelin and Rockin,
Can't You See That She's Mine, Because I Love You, and others.
They were pop music but some of their songs were very good.
Mike Smith is still living and he was a good singer. They sometimes leaned towards R&B in their songs. Have their
Greatest Hits album.
11th July 2006 03:24 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

I have a 16mm film of them around somewhere. I think they kinda sucked. I mean - just pop music. All I can think of is Glad All over - so perhaps they did something better?

But to an eight-year-old kid back in '65 they sounded pretty good.

I think I still have one or two of their albums.
11th July 2006 07:14 AM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves I liked the DC 5 better than the Beatles back in 1964.
But (thankfully) the Stones came along!
11th July 2006 08:55 AM
Shawn20 Ah.....two of my favorite things - Barney Fife and the Rolling Stones.
11th July 2006 09:11 AM
Honky Tonk Man I have several Dave Clark 5 clips lying around on VHS from when my dad used to record the Ready Steady Go repeats. Dave Clark owns the rights to the show and stuck performances of his band in when apparently; they never actually appeared on the show in the first place.

Dave Clark 5 = absolute tripe in my opinion and they're forgotten for a reason.
11th July 2006 09:50 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I have several Dave Clark 5 clips lying around on VHS from when my dad used to record the Ready Steady Go repeats. Dave Clark owns the rights to the show and stuck performances of his band in when apparently; they never actually appeared on the show in the first place.

Dave Clark 5 = absolute tripe in my opinion and they're forgotten for a reason.

I have those tapes. I remember that. They also did a godawful Hard Days Night type movie. I saw it about 10 years ago and only remember that is was horrible.

Not nearly in the good in a bad way as the bizarro Spencer Davis Group one - I think it was called "The Ghost Goes Gear" or something like that. Apparently their manager got all his shitty acts in on that one. It goes from excruciatingly dull to classic amusing horror show (except for the Spencer Davis music clips - Steve Windwood was amazing). There are Barbra Streisand lookalike triplets in bad blonde beehive wigs (apparently from the same maker that furnished Stoned...), and this guy who sat in a tree and fondled leaves while singing about his mother. I have a vhs tape of it somewhere. It would be a good double feature with Running Out of Luck.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)