ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RS.com Virtual Ticket ..."Let it Bleed" at Milan rehearsals Return to archive
10th July 2006 12:06 PM
Mel Belli Sounded pretty good...
10th July 2006 12:57 PM
jb An easy song to play....
10th July 2006 12:58 PM
Saint Sway JB, I trust that you caught the Crowes playing LIB in Tampa this weekend.
10th July 2006 01:02 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
JB, I trust that you caught the Crowes playing LIB in Tampa this weekend.

I am a few hrs from Tampa...I try to catch them when in South Florida...
10th July 2006 01:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I am a few hrs from Tampa...I try to catch them when in South Florida...

I enjoy their version of Torn and Frayed. Let it Bleed is a very simplistic song to perform and has been played on several tours.....no surprise there!
10th July 2006 01:19 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I enjoy their version of Torn and Frayed. Let it Bleed is a very simplistic song to perform and has been played on several tours.....no surprise there!

We said it would be added and yes, it is very easy chord structure and easy on the vocals..a very overrated song imo.
10th July 2006 01:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Crowes opened with T&F for me at Houston last week. A real treat. 1st time opening w/a Stones tune.

nice shout out to the "cape" in Chicago as well
10th July 2006 01:21 PM
jb Open G???
10th July 2006 01:23 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
An easy song to play....

not-so-much-so for Woody on the slide part post '82

his slide now seems timid on LIB, no?
10th July 2006 01:25 PM
jb He is unable to play anything which requires any real skill..his idea of a tough note is the beginning solo on SMU which he plays in a manner which reflects that he is constipated....
10th July 2006 01:28 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
He is unable to play anything which requires any real skill..his idea of a tough note is the beginning solo on SMU which he plays in a manner which reflects that he is constipated....

Mick T made playing amazing slide guitar solos look effortless and carefree.

(See also: R.Robinson & M.Ford)
10th July 2006 01:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Open G???

Let it Bleed is played in standard tuning. The slide part is easiest to play in Open E
10th July 2006 01:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Crowes opened with T&F for me at Houston last week. A real treat. 1st time opening w/a Stones tune.

nice shout out to the "cape" in Chicago as well

10th July 2006 01:31 PM
jb Most people who like the stones got into them post Taylor...purebreeds, like me, who were fans from the beginning, understood and appreciated what MT did..
10th July 2006 01:35 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Is this an old ECW wrestling pic?
10th July 2006 01:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Is this an old ECW wrestling pic?

Those in attendance:

New Jack
Sabu
J. Credible
Taz
10th July 2006 01:49 PM
jb collection plate?
10th July 2006 01:50 PM
Some Guy Stoned sucked!
10th July 2006 02:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Most people who like the stones got into them post Taylor...purebreeds, like me, who were fans from the beginning, understood and appreciated what MT did..

youre a fan from the 'marquee '62' era?
10th July 2006 03:00 PM
pdog Club Gig is off?
10th July 2006 09:42 PM
Soldatti Great video and version.
11th July 2006 10:01 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

youre a fan from the 'marquee '62' era?

No..but unlike some, I know what the history of the band is...I not some 89 MTV kid
11th July 2006 10:15 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

No..but unlike some, I know what the history of the band is...I not some 89 MTV kid

Unlike some? Can you tell us who you are referring to?
11th July 2006 10:16 AM
Gazza I think one of the most disheartening things I read during this tour (and it sums how much the Stones fanbase has evolved in recent years, and not for the better) was when a UK newspaper were doing a feature on Brian Jones at the start of the tour - and asked a couple of 'fans' from England who had flown all the way to the opening night at Fenway about him, and were met by blank looks because they had no idea who he was.
11th July 2006 10:22 AM
jb THIS IS WHAT i MEANT gAZZA..THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE STONES MEANT TO THE EVOLUTION OF ROCK...
11th July 2006 10:25 AM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think one of the most disheartening things I read during this tour (and it sums how much the Stones fanbase has evolved in recent years, and not for the better) was when a UK newspaper were doing a feature on Brian Jones at the start of the tour - and asked a couple of 'fans' from England who had flown all the way to the opening night at Fenway about him, and were met by blank looks because they had no idea who he was.

Yes, but most of the people who visit a Stones concert are no fans at all. I noticed this years ago. These are the ones who don't show up anymore, one of the reasons of the disappointing ticket sales in Holland. They've seen the Stones too many times now and they now move over to other events where they have no interest in either. But the most disturbing fact is that gradually real fans are losing their patience as well.
11th July 2006 10:29 AM
Gazza
quote:
F505 wrote:

Yes, but most of the people who visit a Stones concert are no fans at all.

exactly. The Stones must be the only major act in the world to have an audience largely populated by people with no more than a basic knowledge of their work. Even people who are prepared to travel vast distances to see them. Quite bizarre. Unfortunately, part of the blame for this rests with the band themselves for tailoring their act towards these people and at the same time driving the people who do care about their work away.
11th July 2006 10:32 AM
jb I posted yeras ago about this..the fan base is very weak. Weappeal to too many causal rock fans and not real fans of the band..I predicted this and was attacked.
11th July 2006 10:36 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
I posted yeras ago about this..the fan base is very weak. Weappeal to too many causal rock fans and not real fans of the band..I predicted this and was attacked.

This ain't no prediction, these are facts! Years ago these were the facts! I remember the Stones performing in De Kuip when they played Shine A Light. I think 95% of the audience didn't recognize the song. Truly embarrassing.
11th July 2006 10:38 AM
Nellcote I had this same incident recently at Best Buy, a large US box store, involving a self professed icon of the band, Chuck Berry.
My inquiry was to the point of the store having the new collector's edition of Hail Hail Rock & Roll.
Fellow who noted he worked in the music area said:
"Who is Chuck Berry?"
After purchasing the item online, I watched it this past weekend, thinking of the many bands Chuck as influenced, with the Best Buy chap in my mind constantly.
JB, Micky Arison is really showing off that trophy isn't he?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)