ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Steely Dan Setlist? Return to archive
8th July 2006 10:14 AM
kovach Anyone go to opening night of the tour in Milwaukee and can report on it???
8th July 2006 05:06 PM
Joey
quote:
kovach wrote:
Anyone go to opening night of the tour in Milwaukee and can report on it???

The set-list is reported here :

www.dandom.com

No , Walter & Donald did NOT perform the highly anticipated " Dr. Wu " . However , " Show Biz Kids " & " Any World " made the cut . YES !!!!!

Joey Dan

8th July 2006 05:08 PM
Joey 1) Stan Kenton's "Turtle Talk" (what I was told by someone else, warm up with SD Orchestra 2006
2) Bodhisattva
3) Time Out of Mind
4) Aja
5) I Got the News (pretty close to original)
6) Hey 19 (Madonna instead of Aretha Franklin or Otis Redding)
7) Any World That I'm Welcome To (with a Reggae feel)
8) Green Earrings
9) Black Cow
10) Dirty Work (The girls sing lead)
11) As someone put it, James Brown-tinged rework of Show Biz Kids, featuring intros by Walter and also featuring Michael McDonald on some vocals
12) Do It Again (featuring MM and DF on vocals)
13) Peg (featuring MM and DF on vocals; MM not as prominent as studio version)
14) Kid Charlemagne (MM sat in)

Encore:
15) Reelin' In The Years
16) My Old School (with Michael McDonald)

" WOW!!!! "

" The house lights go down, the crowd cheers, usually jazzy intro and then out come our heroes. Excitement is high as there is no real clue as to the setlist, for the first time for me since '96. Keith hits the first notes of Bohdi and we're off. Time Out of Mind was as tight as '03. Then Aja, god I love that song live. Carlock is flippin' amazing. Then out of the dark corners of the 70's the last song from AJA to get the live treatment, I Got the News. Many people were very happy to finally hear that one, myself included. Big roar from the crowd for Hey 19, I was too busy singing Aretha to hear Donald sing out Madonna, very funny though. Highlight of the night, for me, Any World - the raggae version. Seemed a little rough around the edges but should tighten up nicely as the tour progresses. Green Earrings was nice to hear again, nice job by JH. Black cow & Dirty Work, were good. I think the 'o3 version of BC is still the best. Then they start laying down a little bit of funk, leading up to the intro's. I can only imagine that everyone's mind was racing like mine to try and pinpoint the groove, which was to no avail until the girls belt out 'going to lost wages' somewhere in there. MM also joins them at this time. I'm still out with the jury on this one. A very loose, in my opinion, interpretation of the original. Do it Again, Peg, Kid C. A nice little trio. As others have mentioned, MM vocals were not prominent enough on these. Exit stage right, the crowd screams out for more....intro to Reelin' ala '94 BUT then Herrington steps up with some tasty licks to make it a guitar song again. Then Donald literally races through the lyrics like someone hooked him up to a Starbucks i.v. back stage. It seemed like he and the band were not on the same page, perhaps because it was not on the setlist, or????? There were moments in it that were excellent though. Then into My Old School, heard every Dan tour and still sounding good. MM could finally be heard a little more clear and he would plug his left ear when trying to hit the high notes. Then.....the house lights come on. Sh*t!! Was hoping for more but still very happy with what we got.

Other ramblings, no Pretzel Logic, figured that was a gimme. Not even a hint that they've done anything since 1980. If not for the couple of real nuggets they threw out, it had the feel of a nostalga show, something I've not gotten from any other show.

Post-show, met up with Keith, Margaret, Todd and others right outside the gig then I made my way to John Hawks Pub. The usual suspects, Toya, Chris, Dale, Hey Mike, Keith and Scott. Stood around dissecting the evening and past Dan shows till 2 am. After breakfast at Jonny V's I provided lodging for Keith & Mike and sleep came around 3:30. After some java upon arising they were off. And tonight, I get to Do it Again in Chi-town. What a country.

Kid Clean

And on Behalf of Hey Mike, we would like to rename the tour to:

Steely Dan 2006 - The Soccer Mom Tour "

http://www.dandom.com/guestbook/

[YES]

[Edited by Joey]
9th July 2006 05:38 AM
Jumping Jack Looking forward to catching them at Chastain this summer.
9th July 2006 12:52 PM
kovach Yeah, i got tickets to the last show of the tour, should be interesing!
9th July 2006 02:26 PM
voodoopug 16 SONG SETLIST??? Completely humiliating, both that it is even being discussed on a stones site the a couple of days before we (the stones) launch our first European tour in 3 year.

We should be thankful that the stones give us at least 19 songs, instead of this poor attempt at a show (16 songs...give me a break!)

The entire board has been humiliated by this thread!
9th July 2006 05:25 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Looking forward to catching them at Chastain this summer.

9th July 2006 05:28 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
16 SONG SETLIST??? Completely humiliating, both that it is even being discussed on a stones site the a couple of days before we (the stones) launch our first European tour in 3 year.

Yeah Puggy , just sixteen songs but Michael McDonald is the opening act so they had to keep it short -- MM's set is friggin great by the way ......

.... YES !!!!
9th July 2006 06:00 PM
full moon Steely Dan 4 Life.........
9th July 2006 11:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Yeah Puggy , just sixteen songs but Michael McDonald is the opening act so they had to keep it short -- MM's set is friggin great by the way ......

.... YES !!!!

much like Joshy with Babs...I shall give you a pass because you love the Who and have basically taken over Nebraska!

Steely Dan! (please say aloud in your best "Vince McMahon" voice)
10th July 2006 09:52 AM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Steely Dan! (please say aloud in your best "Vince McMahon" voice)

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)