ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CBGB off to Vegas (NSC) Return to archive
7th July 2006 01:14 PM
Egbert From pitchforkmedia.com:

CBGB Sets New Closing Date, Move to Vegas

Hilly Kristal is making an amendment to his Bowery club's 16+ entry rule: 32-. After 32 years of providing a live arena for some of the country's best (and worst) musicians, CBGB has cemented the date on which it will close its doors for good.

Although October 31 was originally revealed to be the club's closing date, September 30 will mark the end for New York City's famous punk rock venue-- or sort of, anyway. After efforts failed to locate an affordable venue space in CBGB's hometown of New York City, Kristal has made the questionable decision to take it to Vegas.

"[The Vegas CBGB] won't be the same size or the same shape, but I am going to have all the things that matter there," Kristal said in a recent interview with MTV.com. "I am taking the bars with me, I am taking the stage - I'm taking the urinal that Joey [Ramone] pissed in with me. I'm going to take a lot of things - anything that makes this place CBGB."

If the business takes off in Nevada, Kristal plans to open a second CBGB in NYC, but it will likely be a while. In addition to the financial strains the Big Apple's rent brings, Kristal has chemotherapy to worry about. Three weeks ago, he was diagnosed with lung cancer, and surgery is on the plate, he explained to MTV. We wish him the best.

New Yorkers will have a chance to offer Kristal their support at CBGB's two-month closing festival. NYC indie concert promoters Rocks Off are in charge of booking the festival, which will run throughout August and September. According to a press release, "they are in touch with many of the artists who made CB's famous, and are hard at work putting together a final schedule that will do justice to the club's enduring impact in the many varieties of rock and roll it has helped to cultivate throughout the years."

Posted by Kati Llewellyn in legal, misc on Fri: 07-07-06: 10:28 AM CDT | Permalink
7th July 2006 01:35 PM
monkey_man CBGB's in Vegas . . . . no thank you! This club was never meant to be Disney-fied. Those are some real BASTARDS yanking the lease from them!
7th July 2006 04:00 PM
GotToRollMe Now I've REALLY lost the will to live...
7th July 2006 04:07 PM
pdog All things end, I wish Hilly the best with his fight against cancer... He should just let CBGB's fade away.
7th July 2006 04:15 PM
LadyJane Vegas???

Vegas???

This is sad.

CBGB's = ONLY bar EVER...LJ refused to drink because of fear of filth!!

Great place.

LJ.
7th July 2006 04:16 PM
GotToRollMe But VEGAS.

"Oh, the humanity!"
7th July 2006 04:19 PM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
But VEGAS.

"Oh, the humanity!"

Jersey was the 2nd choice!
7th July 2006 04:21 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Jersey was the 2nd choice!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

A sad time for rock & roll. CB's is going Vegas, the Stones are taking the money and running...

Maybe I should take up drinking...

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
7th July 2006 04:29 PM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

A sad time for rock & roll. CB's is going Vegas, the Stones are taking the money and running...

Maybe I should take up drinking...
[Edited by GotToRollMe]

Sometimes, I wish I never stopped. I did my best drinking in Jersey. Those AC bars, never close!
7th July 2006 04:35 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Vegas???

Vegas???

This is sad.

CBGB's = ONLY bar EVER...LJ refused to drink because of fear of filth!!

Great place.

LJ.

To think there is actually a place where LJ won't drink!

7th July 2006 04:37 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Sometimes, I wish I never stopped. I did my best drinking in Jersey. Those AC bars, never close!

Drinking is mandatory in Jersey. It helps you forget where you are.
7th July 2006 04:39 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

LJ would be appalled at some of the things I did in that filthy place back in the day. Good times!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
7th July 2006 05:32 PM
LadyJane
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Smart ass!!!

LJ.
7th July 2006 05:34 PM
LadyJane
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

LJ would be appalled at some of the things I did in that filthy place back in the day. Good times!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]

ME? Honey, I'd be proud of ya!!!!

Spent my 21st Birthday at CBGB's.

But first dinner at Tavern on the Green and a carriage ride through Central Park. Then...back to the hotel to transform into a "punk". LOL. Great memories.

LJ.
7th July 2006 05:50 PM
pdog I realized, When I was about 14, I was born to be into punk rock!
7th July 2006 08:33 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

ME? Honey, I'd be proud of ya!!!!

Spent my 21st Birthday at CBGB's.

But first dinner at Tavern on the Green and a carriage ride through Central Park. Then...back to the hotel to transform into a "punk". LOL. Great memories.

LJ.

Now THAT sounds like a perfect 21st birthday celebration! Tavern, a carriage ride and CB's - nice!
Damn, I wish I could rememeber my 21st birthday...

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
7th July 2006 09:14 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Now THAT sounds like a perfect 21st birthday celebration! Tavern, a carriage ride and CB's - nice!
Damn, I wish I could rememeber my 21st birthday...

[Edited by GotToRollMe]

LJ can remember hers because she was afraid to drink at CBGB.

7th July 2006 09:24 PM
Maxlugar This is great because what is more "punk" than saying a big fuck you to lower Manhattan and jetting off to Las Vegas? Really, I mean who cares about the actual building that CBGB's occupied? Fuck it! Let's cash in! And THAT'S punk baby! History is for the gray people dick wad! Let's burn it all down!

!
!

!

!!

and a !!!!
7th July 2006 10:35 PM
Egbert
quote:
Egbert wrote:
If the business takes off in Nevada, Kristal plans to open a second CBGB in NYC, but it will likely be a while.

That's got Times Square written all over it.
7th July 2006 11:14 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

LJ can remember hers because she was afraid to drink at CBGB.

Oh shit! LOL!
7th July 2006 11:17 PM
pdog
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
This is great because what is more "punk" than saying a big fuck you to lower Manhattan and jetting off to Las Vegas?

They got booted out... There's no FU to NYC...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)