ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MP3 players match : U2 defeats the Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th July 2006 11:23 AM
Jeep For the european Bigger Bang Tour, FNAC, main CD,DVD and books network seller in France, sells a special Rolling Stones MP3 player (50€ with the Bigger Bang tunes in the machine).
256 Mb ! (no joke)
What a crap !
It looks very poor comparing to the U2 Ipod special edition.

[Edited by Jeep]
7th July 2006 11:29 AM
jb Surprised??? Off course we lose to U2 ...or Bon Jovi for that matter. We are despised in Europe....(Milan still not sold out).
7th July 2006 11:33 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jeep wrote:
For the european Bigger Bang Tour, FNAC, main CD,DVD and books network seller in France, sells a special Rolling Stones MP3 player (50€ with the Bigger Bang tunes in the machine).
256 Mb ! (no joke)
What a crap !
It looks very poor comparing to the U2 Ipod special edition.

[Edited by Jeep]

Sucking in the 2000's!
7th July 2006 11:35 AM
jb We have embarrassed ourselves by even putting this out...but U2 still suck cock...thankfully, they did not break gross .
7th July 2006 11:38 AM
Madafaka That mp3 player is a fuckin' joke!
7th July 2006 11:39 AM
jb
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
That mp3 player is a fuckin' joke!

Humiliated even in electronics!!!!
7th July 2006 11:40 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
We have embarrassed ourselves by even putting this out...but U2 still suck cock...thankfully, they did not break gross .

This is very humiliating! Our legacy has been tarnished by being beat to the punch yet again:

Aerosmith records a cover album of blues classics first

U2 gets the better mp3 (Ipod) deal, beating us to the punch on the hottest form of audio on the market today.

Streisand offers higher ticket prices

Pearl Jam and the Who, among others, sell just about all of their concerts affordably and in excellent quality.

Nirvana makes MTV Unplugged the hottest concept in music tv at the time (we get the great Stripped album, but the lame tv special compared to an MTV Unplugged show).

the list goes on and on...pile on the horrendous planning surrounding the Euro tour....the mini tour is all that can save us!
7th July 2006 11:41 AM
F505
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

This is very humiliating! Our legacy has been tarnished by being beat to the punch yet again:

Aerosmith records a cover album of blues classics first

U2 gets the better mp3 (Ipod) deal, beating us to the punch on the hottest form of audio on the market today.

Streisand offers higher ticket prices

Pearl Jam and the Who, among others, sell just about all of their concerts affordably and in excellent quality.

Nirvana makes MTV Unplugged the hottest concept in music tv at the time (we get the great Stripped album, but the lame tv special compared to an MTV Unplugged show).

the list goes on and on...pile on the horrendous planning surrounding the Euro tour....the mini tour is all that can save us!

Please don't tell us that you have predicted this!!!!!!!!!
7th July 2006 11:46 AM
jb Pug 's analysis very true...(see also Copa movie with 12 people at some venues).
7th July 2006 11:58 AM
voodoopug
quote:
F505 wrote:

Please don't tell us that you have predicted this!!!!!!!!!

We did not predict this, we accurately stated this as fact long before many accepted this. No prediction was necessary, as there was no need to go through the full scientific method or ADDA to assess/decipher such rudimentary figures/information.

we should be publicly thanked, honored, and paid for our services.
7th July 2006 12:02 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We did not predict this, we accurately stated this as fact long before many accepted this. No prediction was necessary, as there was no need to go through the full scientific method or ADDA to assess/decipher such rudimentary figures/information.

we should be publicly thanked, honored, and paid for our services.

Agreed....you and I stated this years ago...I remember we discussed the U2 Ipod and what we would come out with....
7th July 2006 12:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Agreed....you and I stated this years ago...I remember we discussed the U2 Ipod and what we would come out with....

It is sometimes very trying to have such highly developed minds/connections. I applaud you for continuing to press forward, not withstanding the several attacks we receive, coping with raising successful, well behaved children, and your quality of life altering medical ailments.

Thanks to those who offer their support, and thanks to Joey.
7th July 2006 12:15 PM
jb We warned about the Amsterdam Summitt; we also described exactly how Europe would play out . I also take credit for calling the merchandise offered this tour 100% correctly.

======================================

Oh little enemy,
I cannot fight with you,
My mommy said not too
Boo hoo hoo hoo
I can't scratch your eyes out
And make you bleed to death
But we'll be jolly enemies
Forever evermore.

[Edited by jb]
7th July 2006 12:29 PM
F505 I left there in a hurry
Looking forward to my big surprise
The next day I discovered
That the fortune teller told me a lie
7th July 2006 12:32 PM
Some Guy I need a beer.
7th July 2006 12:35 PM
F505
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I need a beer.

Cheers!
7th July 2006 12:51 PM
gimmekeef Who gives a rats ass about MP3's anyway....
7th July 2006 12:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Who gives a rats ass about MP3's anyway....

It is the fastest growing form of audio in the US today (along with mp4). Ipods (and other mp3 players) are becoming nearly as common as the walkman was in its heyday.

As a businessman, one must look past personal preference and gauge how the market as a whole is leaning.
7th July 2006 01:01 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

It is the fastest growing form of audio in the US today (along with mp4). Ipods (and other mp3 players) are becoming nearly as common as the walkman was in its heyday.

As a businessman, one must look past personal preference and gauge how the market as a whole is leaning.

Very salient points!!!
7th July 2006 01:01 PM
F505
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I predict you a rosy future
7th July 2006 01:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
F505 wrote:

I predict you a rosy future

ADDA at is finest
7th July 2006 01:07 PM
F505
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

ADDA at is finest

7th July 2006 01:23 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

So's rap music...and I hate that shit too....All these players tie you into one rip off service and are not compatible with most other formats.FLAC/WAV files are much superior than "compressed" audio files....Just because everyone might buy them doesnt make them good.....
7th July 2006 01:24 PM
jb I refuse to buy ipods or anything that you listen to music on the run with,,,,
7th July 2006 01:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Humiliated even in electronics!!!!

LOL
7th July 2006 02:29 PM
gimmekeef Cost of manufacturing:

Plastic $3
Earbuds $5
Harddrive $10
Stones Lips License $149 (discount for members before 6/1/05)
7th July 2006 03:27 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

So's rap music...and I hate that shit too....All these players tie you into one rip off service and are not compatible with most other formats.FLAC/WAV files are much superior than "compressed" audio files....Just because everyone might buy them doesnt make them good.....

All of those who were visionary enough to get in on the ground floor of these projects (mp3/mp4) are very rich now (see: richer than those living in Bartlett, IL, a higher average income community than Boca Raton!). The average music fan is not as electronically intelligent as you and I, nor willing to learn, and furthermore without a ear trained to pick out the differences between compressed and full sound files.

using current software/technology, mp3/mp4 format is much more user friendly. FLAC is not as simple to grasp for people who really don't care to learn about it in the first place.

Case in point: Beta machines were all 4 head and in nearly every comparison, far superior to the VHS 2 head machines at the time, and with media that was physically smaller (a trend that would continue to this very day), yet Sony did not market their media the correct way to penetrate the home consumer market as JVC and VHS backers did. Hence, BETAMAX was the standard of professionals (see: newscasts), whereas VHS players were quickly becoming as common as microwaves and Atari Machines.
7th July 2006 03:28 PM
jb technical posting!!!!
7th July 2006 03:28 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
technical posting!!!!

153!!!!
7th July 2006 03:29 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

153!!!!

Car allowance=?
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)