ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick, Ronnie & Charlie as Keith's Pirate Crew....Not Going to Happen Return to archive
7th July 2006 07:10 AM
SweetVirginia From Entertainmentwise News:

Priates Of The Carribbean Producers Turn Down Rolling Stones
To be a new 'vile crew'...

By: Lowri Williams

Rolling Stone Keith Richard reportedly begged producers of ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ to allow the rest of the band to appear in the next film with him.

Richards has agreed to play Captain Jack Sparrow’s father in the third instalment of the film series and he had hoped that the rest of the Stones could play his ‘vile crew’…however his request was politely turned down.

A source told the Daily Express: "Keith wanted Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts to be in it too. He was hoping they could be this vile pirate crew but the script doesn't allow for it.

"He was disappointed but he still wasn't going to pass up on the chance to play pirates with Johnny."
7th July 2006 07:18 AM
FotiniD
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

A source told the Daily Express: "Keith wanted Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts to be in it too. He was hoping they could be this vile pirate crew but the script doesn't allow for it."

Come on now, the $$$ wouldn't allow it

They'd bowl over to have the Stones playing that... But I'm 100% it has to do with the film's budget. Quite silly of them, I think it'd be great and they're gonna make their money.

But can you see Mick accepting this?!

Oh God, or even Charlie for that matter!

"Don't ever call me your fucking crew again, you're my fucking pirate", lol.
[Edited by FotiniD]
7th July 2006 07:21 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Oh God, or even Charlie for that matter!

"Don't ever call me your fucking crew again, you're my fucking pirate", lol.

Ha Ha...Charlie is the one I can least imagine doing this!

7th July 2006 07:32 AM
LadyJane
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Ha Ha...Charlie is the one I can least imagine doing this!

We are definitely on the same wavelength this a.m. SV.

As usual

Charlie..........Charlie in Pirates III.........rotflmao.

LJ.
7th July 2006 08:25 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Well....he accepted a knighthood, didn't he?
7th July 2006 09:44 AM
jb Total rubbbish imo..like any of them would be interested in such foolishness. I really see keith begging...
7th July 2006 10:47 AM
Ihavelotsajam Yeah it doesnt seem likely at all.
7th July 2006 10:49 AM
jb
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
Yeah it doesnt seem likely at all.

The whole concept is repulsing to the real fans,,,Keith has some nerve slagging Jagger over Knighthood and then appearing in a Disney movie...totaL WANKFEST IMO.
7th July 2006 11:00 AM
F505 Maybe they want to attract the younger generation of fans who are more interested in Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
7th July 2006 11:04 AM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
Maybe they want to attract the younger generation of fans who are more interested in Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

They have, by and large, caused their legacy, which should be that of the greatest band ever, to declone by their total lack of appeal to a younger generation. They went awol during the formative MTV period of the 80's and have never recaptured that group of demographics.
7th July 2006 11:09 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

They have, by and large, caused their legacy, which should be that of the greatest band ever, to declone by their total lack of appeal to a younger generation. They went awol during the formative MTV period of the 80's and have never recaptured that group of demographics.

Even Mick's children are not interested in their daddy's band!
7th July 2006 11:21 AM
jb They have a worldwide fan base of approx 500k....very little for the time in "da business" and amount of product they have put out...
[Edited by jb]
7th July 2006 12:57 PM
Some Guy This reeks!
7th July 2006 01:26 PM
gimmekeef Yeah..I can see Mick agreeing to play second fiddle to Keith.....
7th July 2006 01:28 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Yeah..I can see Mick agreeing to play second fiddle to Keith.....

LOL...total BS....the sad part is Keith will appear in this piece of shit movie.
8th July 2006 02:28 AM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves
quote:
jb wrote:

LOL...total BS....the sad part is Keith will appear in this piece of shit movie.

Bet you'll still watch it though..........
8th July 2006 10:29 PM
Soldatti All the Stones in the movie is a joke, I can't think in Charlie dressed like a pirate, silly like hell.
9th July 2006 03:06 PM
Riffhard Saw the new one yesterday with my daughters. We all three enjoyed it very much. Yes,it's a kid's movie but it's a good one. Josh take your son. You will enjoy it.

Having said that I am very happy that the producers turned Keef's request down. Shades of Kiss Meets the Phatom of the Park should the whole band get involved. Sheesh! WTF was he thinking?!

Riffy
10th July 2006 01:32 AM
keefjunkie ronnie already looks enough like a pirate as is!
10th July 2006 09:04 AM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
......that I am very happy that the producers turned Keef's request down. Shades of Kiss Meets the Phatom of the Park should the whole band get involved.

Picture it: suburban American living room, September 1978. A skrawny little 13 year old boy who thinks he's the biggest KISS fan in the world sits down on the carpet in front of the console TV with his family to watch the "Movie of the Week". Within the first 10 minutes of the film, the boy knew, but didn't verbalize, that the movie SUCKED! His then-favorite band didn't even show up in the film until about 30 minutes in ... and an already bad movie turned for the worst. That boy was embarrassed... that boy was disappointed... that boy was me.

If this info about Keith's so-called request are true, I'm glad the studio turned it down. I'll admit that I'm hoping they keep Keith's appearance to a minimum. The shorter his screen time, the slimmer his chance of sucking. No offense to Keith at all, I just don't think of him as an actor.
10th July 2006 10:22 AM
Voodoo Scrounge

Dont think so, do you?
10th July 2006 10:29 AM
jb I took my younger son yesterday, and while the movie has broken all opening records, I found it boring. Yes, Depp is again a paradody of Keith(a big gay this time), but overall, too long. I liked Superman better.
10th July 2006 11:39 AM
the good What's the big deal? Its just meant to be a bit of fun. I think it would have been cool. Can you imagine all of the stones coming in on a ghost ship? I think they would have nailed it. They've been a bunch of rouges their whole lives anyway.
10th July 2006 11:50 AM
jb
quote:
the good wrote:
What's the big deal? Its just meant to be a bit of fun. I think it would have been cool. Can you imagine all of the stones coming in on a ghost ship? I think they would have nailed it. They've been a bunch of rouges their whole lives anyway.

This movie is for disney, not Rolling Stones fans. If I were the producer and saw ABB sales, I would keep all of the Stines away..unlike the song, everything they touch does not turn to gold...
[Edited by jb]
10th July 2006 12:18 PM
Honky Tonk Man Where as I'm extremely glad to hear that Keith will be making an appearance, I certainly wouldn’t be as enthralled if the other Stones were. In my opinion, it'd go against the whole point of having Keith in it in the first place. Captain Jack Sparrow is modelled on the latter day Keith so it's logical in a way to have him make an appearance, but Mick, Ronnie and Charlie? What the hell do they have to do with it? I think it would cheapen the film.
10th July 2006 12:21 PM
jb
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Where as I'm extremely glad to hear that Keith will be making an appearance, I certainly wouldn’t be as enthralled if the other Stones were. In my opinion, it'd go against the whole point of having Keith in it in the first place. Captain Jack Sparrow is modelled on the latter day Keith so it's logical in a way to have him make an appearance, but Mick, Ronnie and Charlie? What the hell do they have to do with it? I think it would cheapen the film.

It would result in poor sales.
10th July 2006 12:25 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

Dont think so, do you?

cabin boy
10th July 2006 09:30 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
jb wrote:

It would result in poor sales.

And then you'd post a message saying
"POTC III is a BUST...it's wide open!"

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)