ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: More on Mick missing Brian's funeral.. Return to archive
5th July 2006 08:45 PM
Spru From rollingstones.com, on this day in their history:
July 6, 1969

Mick and Marianne leave for Australia to star in Tony Richardson's Ned Kelly - a movie based on the life of the famous Australian outlaw. Rumor has it the film's producers were so worried that Mick would not appear for shooting if he performed at the free concert that they threatened to sue him if he was not present on set by July 9, so the couple are forced to miss Brian Jones' funeral. The day before the scheduled shoot, Marianne overdoses on sleeping pills in their hotel room in Sydney. She ends up in a coma in a Sydney hospital. Between shoots, Mick visits Marianne in hospital and is thought to have said the words "Wild Horses couldn't drag me away..."
Mick is nearly killed during one scene. Ned Kelly is supposed to shoot a policeman, but the prop pistol misfires and Mick requires 16 stitches in his left hand. Mick soon realizes no amount of acting of stunt work will make up for the film's bad script. Mick nevertheless records the Australian Folk song "The Wild Colonial Boy," which he is seen singing in the film.

There you have it, from the official website, the most reliable Stones news source on the planet.

5th July 2006 09:52 PM
pdog Keith didn't give a fuck! No mention of that!
5th July 2006 11:10 PM
Soldatti Ned Kelly was a pain in the ass, at least we got Brown Sugar from that excursion.
6th July 2006 12:26 AM
Bitch NED KELLY? I never saw it playing on TV, so I guess it isn't too popular! MICK missed Brians funeral for that flop? What a shame.

KEEF's excuse was that Anita was pregnant! Like he was holding her hand the entire time? Please! KEEF just couldn't handle it IMO he acted like a big pussy.
6th July 2006 03:01 AM
FotiniD Funerals are tricky and they're not meant for everyone, and I'll always stick up with this theory, not because of Keith, but because I've felt it too.

The whole process of seeing someone you loved kept inside a box, the people crying, the black clothes, the whole atmosphere... I don't understand who came up with the idea. In my opinion once the spirit's gone, it's gone, there's no point in going through all this ordeal which only makes things worse.

It's better to gather together with friends and loved ones and remember that person, (coffin process free!) instead of going through all this emotional turmoil which only causes you more pain.

All in all, funerals suck. I understand Keith.
6th July 2006 03:28 AM
Altamont
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Funerals are tricky and they're not meant for everyone, and I'll always stick up with this theory, not because of Keith, but because I've felt it too.

The whole process of seeing someone you loved kept inside a box, the people crying, the black clothes, the whole atmosphere... I don't understand who came up with the idea. In my opinion once the spirit's gone, it's gone, there's no point in going through all this ordeal which only makes things worse.

It's better to gather together with friends and loved ones and remember that person, (coffin process free!) instead of going through all this emotional turmoil which only causes you more pain.

All in all, funerals suck. I understand Keith.

I agree completely 100%
6th July 2006 07:55 AM
Bruno I also agree. When my best friend died at the age of 15 I refused to go to the funeral. My father forced me to - and I thank him for doing that.

It was such a sad scene.
6th July 2006 08:14 AM
Gazza
quote:
Spru wrote:
There you have it, from the official website, the most reliable Stones news source on the planet.

LOL..bollocks to them. They copied and pasted the explanation for what happened from my post here a few days ago.

If I decide to announce a 2007 Stones European tour with £20 ticket prices and all the shows in theatres, do you think they might copy that as well?
6th July 2006 08:19 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

If I decide to announce a 2007 Stones European tour with £20 ticket prices and all the shows in theatres, do you think they might copy that as well?

Well worth a shot Gazza
And while you're at it, add a couple of songs to Keith's set and another extra five for the whole show!
6th July 2006 08:21 AM
LadyJane And front row seats at ALL shows for the ROCC.

LJ.
6th July 2006 08:31 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
And front row seats at ALL shows for the ROCC.

LJ.

why just you lot? You think I dont deserve something special for organising it? Tsk, tsk
6th July 2006 08:35 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL..bollocks to them. They copied and pasted the explanation for what happened from my post here a few days ago.

no shit, they read our posts?

"THIS TOUR SUCKS"
6th July 2006 08:35 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

why just you lot? You think I dont deserve something special for organising it? Tsk, tsk

Spell it right: organ ising it
6th July 2006 09:14 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Spell it right: organ ising it

Voodoo, you forgot the R....
6th July 2006 09:21 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Gazza wrote:

They did?

Hilarious!

6th July 2006 10:41 AM
Mel Belli I had always understood that the "Wild horses couldn't drag me away" line came from Keith...
6th July 2006 10:55 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:

no shit, they read our posts?

"THIS TOUR SUCKS"

I guess they suck too...anyone want to bet on a 15 songs setlist at Milano??
6th July 2006 04:20 PM
Dick Bush I guess Keef's and Mick's missing on the funeral was the worst ever made mistake in their whole career... Keef must have been to much stoned and having to fight himself with Mr. D., Mick doing his monkey business as usuall...

I was twelve then, Brian was my one and only, and afterwards I bought only two (2!) Stones records!

"Have they killed lil, innocent Brian?"

NOPE. Not at least.

But they were such azzoles!

6th July 2006 10:45 PM
Spru
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I hope.
7th July 2006 01:28 AM
mickmask I think it was in poor taste (not to show)for ANY reason...shame on both of them.

It was more than likely bad feelings and the press circus that kept them away. Just a guess.

mm.
8th July 2006 09:21 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is my humble tribute to the man who formed the Rolling Stones, here you can see his funeral Charlie and Shirley, Bill and girfriend #453 in turn and Stu with his wife Cindy

In Memory of Brian Jones
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)