ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Brian... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
3rd July 2006 12:27 PM
jaggergurl

Rest In Peace, Brian....
3rd July 2006 12:34 PM
Gimme Shelter RIP Brian and Thank you
3rd July 2006 12:39 PM
ShesARainbow God bless you, Brian. RIP
3rd July 2006 12:42 PM
jb RIP Brian....
3rd July 2006 12:46 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Brian died on the morning of July 3rd *. I think I'm right in saying that his funeral was on the 9th.

Hyde Park was on the 5th and Mick left on the 6th. The film was already a few weeks behind schedule because he was still in England and the agreement was he would leave the day after the concert. Brian's timing in this case was a bit unfortunate. Had Mick waited any further it would have meant a delay of another week.

* I've always wondered why his date of death is given as the 3rd of July when most accounts of that night have him being pulled out of the pool before midnight on the 2nd
[Edited by Gazza]

In the USA, death times are established in odd ways too. I think it has to do with when someone determines that all life systems have ceased. So even if BJ was pulled out at say11PM, if they took him to the hospital & a doctor determined at 1AM that his systems had failed, that would be the time he died.
3rd July 2006 01:07 PM
Tom RIP Brian
3rd July 2006 01:40 PM
stewed & Keefed RIP Brian.

3rd July 2006 01:41 PM
glencar Are Brian's parents still alive?
3rd July 2006 03:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes!
3rd July 2006 03:14 PM
glencar Interesting. This must be especially hard for them today.
3rd July 2006 03:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl So sorry about the video I made that is now as a header, I think I plugged the ROCKS OFF legend all over it and it was spoiled

Unfortunately, I don't have time to fix it so this is just to apologize for it, in fact most of the pictures don't have the RO legend but some do.
3rd July 2006 05:06 PM
Chuck Nice tribute---but the 'spooky Halloween' lettering at the end kind of ruined it. WTF?

3rd July 2006 05:17 PM
Back Street Girl
3rd July 2006 06:24 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown Thanks to all of the fans who remember Brian Jones the founder
of the Rolling Stones. May be rest in peace and is doing what
he loves doing.
3rd July 2006 06:36 PM
Poplar
You know - I just watched the video link (header) and I couldn't help but NOT feel sorry for Brian Jones. The man was living the highlife on that magnificent English manor house, basking in drinks, drugs, and that swimming pool, no doubt surrounded by beautiful women, and positioned to make even more money as a solo artist if he could get his shit together. The man blew it, and blew it big. Not to say his death isn't sad, but damn - some people portray him as some kind of victim. I take one look at the house he was living in and I feel the same way about him as I did when Kurt Cobain killed himself; A victim of stupid, reckless decisions for whom there is no one to blame but the dead man himself

That said ... RIP, Brian ... And thanks for the stones.
3rd July 2006 07:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Chuck wrote:
Nice tribute---but the 'spooky Halloween' lettering at the end kind of ruined it. WTF?

I gotta admit I ruined the video for four reasons

• Adding the title "Rocks Off" to the video itself
  • Using many of the pictures with the watermark "Rocks Off"
  • Using two pictures with Frank Thorogood in there
  • Adding the "Munster" lettering at the end

3rd July 2006 08:25 PM
LadyJane Voodoo the video is a very moving tribute.

Great job.

It was far from ruined.

RIP Brian.

LJ.
3rd July 2006 09:01 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

I gotta admit I ruined the video for four reasons

• Adding the title "Rocks Off" to the video itself
  • Using many of the pictures with the watermark "Rocks Off"
  • Using two pictures with Frank Thorogood in there
  • Adding the "Munster" lettering at the end

i think if brian would see it himself he would just smile about the munster lettering.
dont worry.. we all know you made it with love.
so thank you very much for that, voodoo!
3rd July 2006 09:10 PM
Sophia Graves

have a good time there where you are, brian...
you are very missed, dear.
i am thankful for what you brought into this world.. and i am thankful it will remain.
like you will in our hearts
3rd July 2006 09:34 PM
glencar Is that you in that photo?
3rd July 2006 11:41 PM
Dead_Flowers Rest in Peace Brian. Thanks for all the gifts you gave to the world. You inspired the Rolling Stones! What would we have done without you?!

4th July 2006 12:04 AM
Sophia Graves
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is that you in that photo?

no its not. there was a time i looked pretty similar like her..but no, i wonder myself who the dickens that is.
4th July 2006 09:04 AM
Bitch Thanks for answering my question about the funeral. I feel sad that MICK and KEEF didn't go, that was not right IMO. Charlie says the reason BRIAN died was the STONES took the one thing away from Brian that mattered to him, the band. He could be right.

RIP BRIAN!

4th July 2006 09:32 PM
GhostofBrianJones I have never seen where the girl in that picture in front of the
marker has ever been identified. She sorta looks like Anna at
that time but it is not her from what I understand.
4th July 2006 10:30 PM
Sophia Graves yes, i also thought she looks like anna.. but yeah, it cant be her if its right what she told about she werent able to visit his grave at this time. hmm.
i am really curious who that is.
4th July 2006 11:32 PM
Lethargy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
July 3rd has ALWAYS been a sad day for me.

Nice header Voodoo.

Stu, Bill and Charlie were there. Never quite understood the absence of the Twins but I understand....I guess.

RIP Brian..thank you.

LJ
[Edited by LadyJane]

Is it just me, or is Brian Jones the most overrated musician of all time, not to mention a complete scumbag. Let's see: mediocre guitarist (though with the occasional shining moment like the slide on No Expectations), zero lyrics, zero singing, totally psychotic behavior (especially towards women, occasionally violently so), and becoming an utterly retarded drooling beast unable to care for himself.

Why the reverence for Brian, I'll never understand.
5th July 2006 12:13 AM
JOHNNYSTONED YEAH ITS JUSY YOU!
5th July 2006 12:30 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl He founded the greatest rock and roll band, you're here because of that. He added sound, not just techinque, feeling not just performance.

BTW, please he was not just a guitar player, he had the ability to play any instrument.

As a musician he was admired by Jimi Hendrix, Jimi expressed that in his very last interview (he also covered Satisfaction before going to England)

He is in fact underrated

5th July 2006 01:06 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
he had the ability to play any instrument.

IMHO, that's a myth.

Anyhow; given the fact that anybody "could" play any instrument, would "that" make him/her a genius (sic)?

No.

A "multi-instrumentalist", maybe.
[Edited by MrPleasant]
5th July 2006 01:09 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, he had problems with maracas
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)